ADVERTISEMENT

These coronavirus graphs tell the story

Stuffshot

Hall of Famer
Feb 20, 2008
SIAP, but I thought the graphs at the following link describe the situation clearly, and I wasn't about to scroll through hundreds of other coronavirus posts just to see if anyone else had posted it.

These graphs really show how the number of confirmed cases and deaths continue to skyrocket in the U.S. And, to me at least, they suggest that the current exposures may have happened about 14-15 days ago, i.e. before we started taking it seriously and most states had imposed their "lockdowns."

And, I don't think the number of cases is entirely the result of increased testing, because the graphs for both the confirmed cases and the deaths follow the same curve.

Here's the link:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Reactions: mcmurtry66
More charts:

Hospital Resources*:

https://covid19.healthdata.org/proj...HbEgZiRVzX7hxwYTzg9pSy7ALdQpOIVvvPXP4H1JRxANw

• The numbers for All beds needed and All beds available include ICU beds.
  • All beds available is the total number of hospital beds available for COVID patients minus the average historical bed use.
  • ICU beds available is the total number of ICU beds available for COVID patients minus the average historical ICU bed use

Data from The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME), an independent population health research center at UW Medicine, part of the University of Washington

SIAP, but I thought the graphs at the following link describe the situation clearly, and I wasn't about to scroll through hundreds of other coronavirus posts just to see if anyone else had posted it.

These graphs really show how the number of confirmed cases and deaths continue to skyrocket in the U.S. And, to me at least, they suggest that the current exposures may have happened about 14-15 days ago, i.e. before we started taking it seriously and most states had imposed their "lockdowns."

And, I don't think the number of cases is entirely the result of increased testing, because the graphs for both the confirmed cases and the deaths follow the same curve.

Here's the link:

Yeah have followed that for a few weeks.

Wait until next month when 2-4k deaths per day are being posted. People will be feeling great.

We should be in city parks digging graves starting tomorrow. Six feet apart, six feet deep.

thank god for trump or would be much worse, he has been unbelievable , he shut down flights from ghina 6 weeks after the virus hit or millions would be dead
We're all going to die. Time to just accept it and start digging graves. Or we can can stack bodies in a pile and burn them like they did in China.

Wow, I can’t believe I came home from work and opened this thread. The end of the world is here. I guess I’ll sleep all day tomorrow. No need to get tax returns done. Everyone going to die and world ending.

Here's the link:

I have used this resource as well. One thing someone here can help me understand is the "Active" and "Recovered" data. US 123K infections logged with only 3.2K recovered and 118K Active.

Duration: from the site:

mild cases: approximately 2 weeks
severe or critical disease: 3 - 6 weeks
time from onset to the development of severe disease (including hypoxia): 1 week

• 80.9% of infections are mild (with flu-like symptoms) and can recover at home.
  • 13.8% are severe, developing severe diseases including pneumonia and shortness of breath.
  • 4.7% as critical and can include: respiratory failure, septic shock, and multi-organ failure
I understand that the reported case trajectory over the past week puts most cases in the early to mid stages...but surely more than 3200 have recovered?

Last edited:
According to the Washingon Post, total number of deaths doubled in 2 days but also the death rate has went up 0.2%. Obviously not good news.

I did not realize apex is likely 14-21 days away in NYC. And medical staff already have to be stretched thin and exhausted.

We're all going to die. Time to just accept it and start digging graves. Or we can can stack bodies in a pile and burn them like they did in China.

Tbf. all this news should wake up a few fools and reduce the potential number of cases and deaths -- you know who you are.

The problem is what happens in the next Wave? And I guarantee that it will happen with the 83million trojan horses walking who cant afford help.

All out of bullets and sense of urgency -- people will be all Covid-out.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaxCoke
200328032513-02-opinion-weekly-column-0328-exlarge-169.jpg

Wow, I can’t believe I came home from work and opened this thread. The end of the world is here. I guess I’ll sleep all day tomorrow. No need to get tax returns done. Everyone going to die and world ending.
What’s the over/under on days till someone close to stoll gets severe corona and he instantly and miraculously flips his attitude from flippant to concerned all along?

Reactions: sglowrider
According to the Washingon Post, total number of deaths doubled in 2 days but also the death rate has went up 0.2%. Obviously not good news.

Yes...1k people died in last 2 days.... and we are just at the start of the upward curve.

Out of 330 million people, pretty low odds.
• 151,600 people die each day

• 6,316 people die each hour

• 105 people die each minute

• Nearly two people die each second

We need more testing!!!

Don't you have until July 15th now, TurboTax?

I want to play golf in July. I am putting in hours I always do. One of the most frustrating thing this tax season is fixing messes people made trying to use TurboTax. Let’s just say when we get it fixed they get billed.

College kids do their returns on TurboTax and incorrectly claim themselves as dependent. We do parents return and it gets rejected because kids screwed up. Takes months to fix so parents can get their refunds. $2000-$4000 involved with parents on just the credits involved with their kids plus the refund they we already getting.

Cooler Trumpers, please don’t be this guy:

It ain't Trumpers you need to worry about. It's the Bernie Bros and the city folks who aren't taking this seriously. Some of us were saying back when people were buying up all the groceries and TP that the lockdowns were wishful thinking. Its the old liberal mindset that "people need help and somebody (else) ought to do something!"

Reactions: stollcpa
It ain't Trumpers you need to worry about. It's the Bernie Bros and the city folks who aren't taking this seriously. Some of us were saying back when people were buying up all the groceries and TP that the lockdowns were wishful thinking. Its the old liberal mindset that "people need help and somebody (else) ought to do something!"

Wait a minute. Weren’t the one posting beach pictures just last week? You have been downplaying this the whole time.

Reactions: HillzHoozier
Wait a minute. Weren’t the one posting beach pictures just last week? You have been downplaying this the whole time.

Wasn’t it those “woke” college kids taught by those “woke” professors parading around on the Florida beaches? Kids of “unwoke” conservative parents in my community were home, not partying in Florida.

Reactions: HillzHoozier
Wasn’t it those “woke” college kids taught by those “woke” professors parading around on the Florida beaches? Kids of “unwoke” conservative parents in my community were home, not partying in Florida.

There is a lot of stupid to go around for sure. Those asshole college kids for not caring. Those Trumpers who get 90% of their Wuhan Virus news from Trump. If we make it through this mess, it will be because we have a core of sensible people who listen to the medical experts and read the news.

Reactions: UncleMark
Yep. I have taken great care to maximize social distancing and hygiene. I have not yet been within 10 feet of my parents and haven't visited my grandchildren.

I take my responsibility seriously in part because I witnessed the beach mobs first hand. Those kids could not care less about spreading Covid, and that attitude didn't come from Fox news.

Gotta try to work. I graciously thanked you for the teaching moment.
My bad.

It's just that the stubborn refusal by some posters on here to concede that this is a very bad situation that is going to get worse, even in the face of mountains of evidence, and those same posters' bullshit, throwaway, snide comments marginalizing the seriousness is just a little maddening.

I'm sure you understand.

Yep. I have taken great care to maximize social distancing and hygiene. I have not yet been within 10 feet of my parents and haven't visited my grandchildren.

I take my responsibility seriously in part because I witnessed the beach mobs first hand. Those kids could not care less about spreading Covid, and that attitude didn't come from Fox news.

About those Florida beaches. Who do you think was in DeSantos’ ear on that one?

Reactions: cosmickid
What’s the over/under on days till someone close to stoll gets severe corona and he instantly and miraculously flips his attitude from flippant to concerned all along?
I know someone who died from it yesterday. It’s going to happen to all of us soon. Not someone I was close with, father of a former student. Probably mid 60’s and no idea if he had underlying health issues.

Haha. It’s the Trumpers who think this is all a hoax, thanks to him and Fox News. The ones that believe Trump more than the medical experts. Just ask Van.

The Indiana demographic information in interesting. The state has almost as many positives in the 20-29 group as the 70-79. Overall, almost as many of the positives are under 50 as are over 50. It doesn’t appear to be just a senior issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT