ADVERTISEMENT

These coronavirus graphs tell the story

My bad.

It's just that the stubborn refusal to concede that this is a very bad situation that is going to get worse, even in the face of mountains of evidence, and those same posters' bullshit, throwaway, snide comments marginalizing the seriousness is just a little maddening.

I'm sure you understand.

I was first CPA firm in my town to take this serious. One has followed and three others have not. I’ve taken lot of grief for it. One mid 30s CPA is junior partner with 64 year old partner in another firm. The junior partner has an inherited heart condition and had open heart surgery few years ago. Unless it’s changed in the last few days the senior partner is ignoring all precautions and allowing clients in office and taking appointments. Meanwhile the junior partner is scared to death because this could be death sentence to him.

Wasn’t it those “woke” college kids taught by those “woke” professors parading around on the Florida beaches? Kids of “unwoke” conservative parents in my community were home, not partying in Florida.

evidence? any tiny bit?

The Indiana demographic information in interesting. The state has almost as many positives in the 20-29 group as the 70-79. Overall, almost as many of the positives are under 50 as are over 50. It doesn’t appear to be just a senior issue.

The infection rate in WA are pretty even across the board. The death rate is not.

Age Group Percent of Cases Percent of Deaths
<19 2% 0%
20-29 10% 0%
30-39 15% 0%
40-49 14% 1%
50-59 18% 6%
60-69 16% 12%
70-79 12% 27%
80+ 12% 55%

It's just that the stubborn refusal to concede that this is a very bad situation

You sound like several other posters who usually see concession to your POV as the objective of any discussion. Perhaps it's possible for two people to equally see the situation but think of it in different terms.

images

About those Florida beaches. Who do you think was in DeSantos’ ear on that one?
Like you said lots of blame to go around. By midweek of our trip, key west attractions were shut down and beaches/ parks closed at 5. By that Friday, the beaches were closed to everyone.

Trump and DeSantis are undoubtedly behind the tri-state quarantine threats. Sounds like there are many from those hotspots who aren't concerned with spreading their germs all along the eastern seaboard.

There is a lot of stupid to go around for sure. Those asshole college kids for not caring. Those Trumpers who get 90% of their Wuhan Virus news from Trump. If we make it through this mess, it will be because we have a core of sensible people who listen to the medical experts and read the news.

There many Trumpers and other conservatives doing the right thing and trying to get others to do the same.

I am taking it very serious in the face of criticism because other CPA firms in town aren’t. We have a large regional firm which I worked for years ago with offices in Indiana and Illinois. Unless they’ve changed in the last few days they are allowing clients in their offices and letting it up to partners in each office whether they take appointments. We aren’t allowing clients in our office. Over two weeks ago I had a staff member with a cold. I forced her to stay home. I paid her the entire time and didn’t reduce her vacation or sick time. I might have voted for Trump and I get hell on here but I try to do the right thing.

Last edited:
The Indiana demographic information in interesting. The state has almost as many positives in the 20-29 group as the 70-79. Overall, almost as many of the positives are under 50 as are over 50. It doesn’t appear to be just a senior issue.
Any body can get it. For the most part it's a mild disease excluding age and other health factors.

I was first CPA firm in my town to take this serious. One has followed and three others have not. I’ve taken lot of grief for it. One mid 30s CPA is junior partner with 64 year old partner in another firm. The junior partner has an inherited heart condition and had open heart surgery few years ago. Unless it’s changed in the last few days the senior partner is ignoring all precautions and allowing clients in office and taking appointments. Meanwhile the junior partner is scared to death because this could be death sentence to him.

Thats a really shitty thing to do to an employee.

Any body can get it. For the most part it's a mild disease excluding age and other health factors.

That is true. However, where we are at with testing at this time, if you are testing positive it’s because you are very ill. You do not get a test if you have mild symptoms. That means that there are a lot of under 50 people getting very ill with this virus.

Reactions: sglowrider
Thats a really shitty thing to do to an employee.

Actually that employee is junior partner. He has stopped his appointments but senior partner has made decision to allow clients inside office doors. But you’re right. He has no consideration for his employees.

That is true. However, where we are at with testing at this time, if you are testing positive it’s because you are very ill. You do not get a test if you have mild symptoms. That means that there are a lot of under 50 people getting very ill with this virus.
I would quibble with assuming the tested are very ill. I believe the current guidelines require only respiratory symptoms, and the negatives are still 9 or ten to each positive.

The infection rate in WA are pretty even across the board. The death rate is not.

<19 2% 0%
20-29 10% 0%
30-39 15% 0%
40-49 14% 1%
50-59 18% 6%
60-69 16% 12%
70-79 12% 27%
80+ 12% 55%

Can you link your source? The infection rates seem to be about double what I've seen elsewhere. The death rates seem about right but the expression is screwed up. The infection rate has one denominator and the death rate have a different one. 27% of 12% is a death rate of 3.2% and that is lower than what I've seen elsewhere. For example:

_111376755_optimised-corona_cases-nc.png

Can you link your source? The infection rates seem to be about double what I've seen elsewhere. The death rates seem about right but the expression is screwed up. The infection rate has one denominator and the death rate have a different one. 27% of 12% is a death rate of 3.2% and that is lower than what I've seen elsewhere. For example:

_111376755_optimised-corona_cases-nc.png

Its from the extremely liberal Washington State Dept of Health.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus

I would quibble with assuming the tested are very ill. I believe the current guidelines require only respiratory symptoms, and the negatives are still 9 or ten to each positive.

Im just going by the numbers and anecdotal evidence. At least in Indiana, you are not tested unless you meet certain criteria, including being symptomatic. I don’t think a 25 year old is getting tested unless there is good evidence they have the virus.

Last edited:
says the certified expert on every issue known to man. you surely have an extremely important job saving mankind.
Indeed. I happen to be the only living expert on my opinions. Rarely do I profess to knowledge of anything else. But thanks for the compliment!

And congrats on getting Lucied!

Not necessarily surprising. Stupidity Trumps all!

So what’s the disconnect between your RL actions and your ignorant blathering here? Asking your RL self.

I need to let my girls who are planning on coming back to Bloomington next week know this.

I need to let my girls who are planning on coming back to Bloomington next week know this.

The State Department of Health releases updates figures everyday at 10:00 am. The demographic information is recently added.

I want to play golf in July. I am putting in hours I always do. One of the most frustrating thing this tax season is fixing messes people made trying to use TurboTax. Let’s just say when we get it fixed they get billed.

College kids do their returns on TurboTax and incorrectly claim themselves as dependent. We do parents return and it gets rejected because kids screwed up. Takes months to fix so parents can get their refunds. $2000-$4000 involved with parents on just the credits involved with their kids plus the refund they we already getting.
That's just stupid. Thtat's 'a
I want to play golf in July. I am putting in hours I always do. One of the most frustrating thing this tax season is fixing messes people made trying to use TurboTax. Let’s just say when we get it fixed they get billed.

College kids do their returns on TurboTax and incorrectly claim themselves as dependent. We do parents return and it gets rejected because kids screwed up. Takes months to fix so parents can get their refunds. $2000-$4000 involved with parents on just the credits involved with their kids plus the refund they we already getting.
That's just stupid. Isn't one of the first questions whether or not someone else can claim you as a dependent?

Reactions: stollcpa

<19 2% 0%
20-29 10% 0%
30-39 15% 0%
40-49 14% 1%
50-59 18% 6%
60-69 16% 12%
70-79 12% 27%
80+ 12% 55%

It's amazing that some people cannot figure out the difference.

That's just stupid. Thtat's 'a

That's just stupid. Isn't one of the first questions whether or not someone else can claim you as a dependent?

I haven’t ever used TurboTax. I would assume it’s one of the first questions. Yes it is stupid. All I can tell you is we have many parents returns rejected because their high school and college kids made this screwup. Crazy thing is with the current standard deduction claiming themselves is pretty much useless. They just don’t pay attention.

I know Zeke has me blocked so someone else can tell her. According to a source the first case in our area is 22 year old girl who’s in Jasper Hospital pretty sick. Supposedly came home from college in Indy.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Are they stupid? Or do they hve basic intelligence to socially distance?
They are kids. And they will drink. And their judgement may suffer. So far they’ve been very responsible, but I can see it might deteriorate. Group think and alcohol is dangerous.

Reactions: stollcpa
• 151,600 people die each day

• 6,316 people die each hour

• 105 people die each minute

• Nearly two people die each second

We need more testing!!!

Like my friend who is on the frontline says: test but then what?

It's like getting a weighing machine. Then what?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT