ADVERTISEMENT

These comments I like ...

go_iu

All-Big Ten
Feb 22, 2004
“I’m building a culture here. I’m not here to mess around with guys that don’t want to do what’s asked of them. If they don’t want to do it, they’ve got to go. I want to bring players in here that wear that uniform proudly, do all the necessary things on and off the court.”

► “I’m not gonna give you all the in-house (reasons for their suspensions). They broke rules, and they were punished for it. If we’re gonna be a team, and you set rules guys have got to obey as a team, then that’s what you’ve got to do."

We're not doing anything of serious this year now matter what, and if there needs to be a purge, I like it to start now

I want to see us in the NCAA but if Woody gets more mileage out of this year by setting the tone for current players and players to come with some consequences and need to cut bait as a result, so be it.

Money will outweigh sanity but odds of Trace being an NBA starter if/when he leaves would have to be close to zero. Another year and he could possibly go top ten. He will get eaten alive in the paint by NBA talent.

I want to see us in the NCAA but if Woody gets more mileage out of this year by setting the tone for current players and players to come with some consequences and need to cut bait as a result, so be it.

Money will outweigh sanity but odds of Trace being an NBA starter if/when he leaves would have to be close to zero. Another year and he could possibly go top ten. He will get eaten alive in the paint by NBA talent.

An NBA Starter????? He's not even going to get drafted.

He may get some G-League looks but he'll likely end up overseas if he is serious about a pro career.

A 22 year old senior that might be a mid to late 2nd round pick as a 21 year old doesn't go top 10 a year later... ever.

He is what he is... silly he never developed a 20 foot jumper. The kidis not known to be a great worker over the summer and it shows in that his development. He's the same player he was as a freshman.

His choice is come back or take 2nd round money which more than likely will be a two-way deal. He can go overseas anytime.

A 22 year old senior that might be a mid to late 2nd round pick as a 21 year old doesn't go top 10 a year later... ever.
Hard to argue with that.

watching him this year I now view his ceiling and potential as being much lower than I did a year ago.

Reactions: Harry Hondo

He is what he is... silly he never developed a 20 foot jumper. The kidis not known to be a great worker over the summer and it shows in that his development. He's the same player he was as a freshman.

His choice is come back or take 2nd round money which more than likely will be a two-way deal. He can go overseas anytime.
TJD is not projected to even be draft at all by most outlets. His choices are come back, transfer, or Europe.

I hope TJD comes back, but if he hasn't found an outside shot by now, he ain't gonna.

TJD is not projected to even be draft at all by most outlets. His choices are come back, transfer, or Europe.
I thought it was popular consensus and a foregone conclusion that he's gone after this year so this is an interesting opinion on TJD (I don't disagree with the comments). Coming back would be a mutual win, Race too. They are both developing some leadership (Race probably faster) skills in addition to building their game.

Not sure why he'd transfer and you'd think dad would have something to say about Europe versus NBA as he certainly has potential. Here's to hoping he comes back.

Frank Kaminsky? I'm not disagreeing with your sentiment... just the "doesn't go top 10 a year later... ever" part.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
I thought it was popular consensus and a foregone conclusion that he's gone after this year so this is an interesting opinion on TJD (I don't disagree with the comments). Coming back would be a mutual win, Race too. They are both developing some leadership (Race probably faster) skills in addition to building their game.

Not sure why he'd transfer and you'd think dad would have something to say about Europe versus NBA as he certainly has potential. Here's to hoping he comes back.
A program like Kentucky or Duke would certainly take him as a transfer. He may want know what it feels like to play for a blue blood for year. Have a shot at a Natty. And as a die hard IU fan it pains me to type that.

Frank Kaminsky? I'm not disagreeing with your sentiment... just the "doesn't go top 10 a year later... ever" part.
Well, Kaminsky is 7ft and can actually play the 5. And if I recall he had a perimeter shot in college even before his senior year. I think he stayed one more year to win a title not to raise his draft status.

Reactions: Hoosierific
Well, Kaminsky is 7ft and can actually play the 5. And if I recall he had a perimeter shot in college even before his senior year. I think he stayed one more year to win a title not to raise his draft status.
Which is another reason I envy what Dick Bennett created there

Go top ten ?
I'd fire a G.M. that took him in first round whenever he comes out..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT