ADVERTISEMENT

The Tom Allen era...

SixthFlagComing

Freshman
Dec 15, 2012
...in my mind, is always going to be remembered for just atrocious special teams play. I mean there's some stupid thing every single game.

That blocked extra point...that one point...could have prevented OT and won us the game today. (I know, I know...lots of plays make the game, lots of players, lots of decisions....yada, yada, yada)

Heaven only knows how many games have been bungled away because of bad special teams play under CTA. It's just unacceptable.

...in my mind, is always going to be remembered for just atrocious special teams play. I mean there's some stupid thing every single game.

That blocked extra point...that one point...could have prevented OT and won us the game today. (I know, I know...lots of plays make the game, lots of players, lots of decisions....yada, yada, yada)

Heaven only knows how many games have been bungled away because of bad special teams play under CTA. It's just unacceptable.
And actually the extra point before that was tipped by the same guy and they didn’t fix it.

If we have that point back, we're not going for 2 at the end. Wash.

Wouldn't have mattered.

Allen's total lack of any feel for the ebbs and flows of a football game, would have doomed us in the end.

But yeah, special teams is one of, well... every, area that Tom Allen has done a bad job with. Some areas he repairs, for a little while.

At the end of the first half, the punting unit snapped the ball with 13 seconds left on the play clock with a running clock when we were trying to leave Illinois as little time as possible. Minor maybe, but just really dumb in the grand scheme of things. They, of course, marched right down and scored before half, but I’ve got to think that the extra 13 second cushion helped.

At the end of the first half, the punting unit snapped the ball with 13 seconds left on the play clock with a running clock when we were trying to leave Illinois as little time as possible. Minor maybe, but just really dumb in the grand scheme of things. They, of course, marched right down and scored before half, but I’ve got to think that the extra 13 second cushion helped.
That's the kind of stupid details as head coach Tom Allen has NEVER had control of.

They're 'minor' details to some. But they're just 100% standard you rarely get them wrong details to every OTHER team. Tom Allen teams are always on the wrong side of this stuff. No coaching! Ever!

The defense, right now is reminiscent of the early Kevin Wilson era.
It was today. But it hasn’t been that bad all year.

They had an absolute garbage game plan today. And for some reason, they rode their gameplan all game.

This performance, and NW dominating Wisky in Madison…essentially erases any good vibes from last weeks win.

It was today. But it hasn’t been that bad all year.

They had an absolute garbage game plan today. And for some reason, they rode their gameplan all game.

This performance, and NW dominating Wisky in Madison…essentially erases any good vibes from last weeks win.
I don't know. The horrific blown coverages I've been watching all season sure make me think back to the CKW era. Louisville, Maryland, today....

I suppose the run defense is a bit better than that era but it seems as though if a team wants to toast our corners, it's there for the taking. The QB pressure is non existent.

The Wisky game is an outlier. That said, their only deep threat was out.

Last edited:
The ST's coach should have been gotten rid before the start of 21, or at the least during 2021. He's even worse for the team success than Hiller was cause ST's errors always affect momentum. Back breaking shit too, too many times affecting IUFB negatively. Makes no difference now. Find the $ cause the way it's being spent now is a Waste.

• Love
Reactions: 4IUSox2
…will hopefully be over in two weeks. Imagine waking up on Sunday morning to the news that he has been dismissed. A chance to turn things around has come and hope blossoms again.

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1
Wisconsin is just terrible on offense and that masked our issues for a week. The defense could not stop Akron. It's been bad most of the year. The offensive coaching staff is a good coaching staff. Really good. The defensive coaching staff is flat out weak. Wilt is good, but as a line coach not a linebackers coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT