ADVERTISEMENT

The time is now

Carib04

Freshman
Mar 20, 2011
I head to B-town tomorrow, ticket in hand, for my first IU FB game in quite a while. (Was Cam Cameron coach? I can't remember) Anyone else lighting candles hoping IU does not sh!t the bed a la Iowa and Cincinnati? I do want 7-0 bad.

Last edited:
Last year was our first year as season ticket holders. The difference between this team and the last two years is night and day. The play calling, the discipline, the overall vibe during the game. This is not the same old IU. It's always possible to get out played but the level of consistency with this team is noticeable. This is a veteran team, sure not in playing together but collectively these guy's have played a lot of football and been in big games at prior schools. I don't think the moment will be too big for them.

I head to B-town tomorrow, ticket in hand, for my first IU FB is quite a while. (Was Cam Cameron coach? I can't remember) Anyone else lighting candles hoping IU does not sh!t the bed a la Iowa and Cincinnati? I do want 7-0 bad.
Every Camelot story has an ending, just ask the Kennedy clan. Enjoy it for as long as we can.

We are no longer the downtrodden, the joke of BT campus barstools. We are the conference’s phoenix bird, having risen from the ashes of despair. We are…INDIANA HOOSIERS, able and willing to kick some Cornhusker ass!

Neutral
Both programs coming off a bye week.

Plus for us
Nebraska has a freshman QB.

I hope we have a plan to take advantage of this.
We are at home.
Fan dependent. It is within our power to use this. Hope we do.

Minus for us
Nebraska has a much stronger football heritage.
Nothing we can do about this.

Conclusin
Crowd needs to be that 12th man.

Neutral

Plus for us

We are at home.

Minus for us

Conclusin
The weather is perfect for football…diversity of life for that matter. The sun is shining. The leaves are not quite peak, but with a crispness in the air punctuating the nostril hair, there is a feeling of fall, the ideal time to play Hoosier ball. Come early, stay late and let the band play on.

Neutral

Plus for us

We are at home.

Minus for us

Conclusin
Football heritage has no bearing on this game. The 1995 Cornhuskers aren’t running out of that tunnel on Saturday.

Can't adequately explain how excited I am for the current position our program is in. And I'll obviously be bummed out, big time, if we don't win tomorrow.

But...there are some realistic thoughts that should be tucked away in all our heads.

1. We haven't beaten anyone as good as Nebraska yet.
2. We haven't faced anyone as talented as Nebraska yet.
3. We haven't faced any team with a coach as accomplished, or as good, as Rhule yet.
4. While I don't think saying "We are Indiana" is valid any more (Cignetti has already changed that). We do still have bottom half of the conference depth of talent. And in what will likely end up being one of our more physical games of the year, that could play a role.

There are tons of reasons on the flip side though, to be VERY excited and optimistic about tomorrows game. Vegas, and betters, think we're gonna win roughly 29-22. IU has beaten the spread in every game this year. So in that context, they'd have to have an abnormally bad performance to lose tomorrow.

If that happens... I feel pretty confident Cignetti's approach will provide improvement, and we'll have a great chance to beat Washington, who might be better than Nebraska...and then Michigan, who probably isn't even as good as Nebraska or Washington, right now.

So, tons to be excited about, whether we win or lose tomorrow.

I'm just thrilled to see the excitement and anticipation from the fans. Hard to believe we are here compared to just a year ago. I was at the UCLA game and the feeling of cheering the team off the field was unlike anything I've felt my 53 year old life as a Hoosier football fan since I was 10.

Its a lot of fun to have a team to be excited about and root for. Unfortunately there are some deep scars for IU fans so many of us have an expectation of us messing up this opportunity somehow, but I think we finally have a coach that will have a gameplan to exploit against their strengths / weaknesses, etc. We know Nebraska decimated Colorado that first half with pressure (and almost killed Shadeur). But I am confident our staff understands this and will have a plan to try and neutralize it as much as possible. That's what's different than before. That and we have mature, dedicated, skilled players. Go Hoosiers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT