ADVERTISEMENT

The results will stay the same....

Nope just idiots like you who can’t accept reality.

Reality?

You're not even in the same galaxy as reality if you think we fans are somehow responsible for the continued failure of Indiana football.

You bore me. I'm envious of the bliss you must enjoy in your ignorance.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUgradman
You might not lose a game because their is not a full house but I think it helps your team to have a loud and full house. I remember in 87 when we beat UM and remember Bo Schembechler saying the crowd was to loud. Back then I guess the refs could try to get the fans to be quite when the opponents had the ball but it did not work. My question is if the crowd does not effect the game then why in all sports the home team wins the majority of the games.

As a player do you not think IU could get more top recruits if the stadium was full and the fans were into the game when they come on a visit. Lets say that a top Indiana kid has IU, Iowa, PU and UK and most things are equal don't you think that player might pick the school where he will play in front of a big crowd with great fan support.

I am not saying the only reason IU football has been bad for most of my 40+ years of being a fan but it has something to do with it.
I agree, however, the players need a certain level of “give a care” that’s been lacking. I think that once your team is at least adequately competent, the crowd can put a good team over the edge. But this team here, they’re fundamentally not “getting it”. A crowd won’t help them. I think that a crowd only helps when you reach a certain baseline level.

I agree, however, the players need a certain level of “give a care” that’s been lacking. I think that once your team is at least adequately competent, the crowd can put a good team over the edge. But this team here, they’re fundamentally not “getting it”. A crowd won’t help them. I think that a crowd only helps when you reach a certain baseline level.
That is competent and fair. Obviously a crowd participation can help inspire play. But the team has to be at a certain level of development.

It goes hand in hand. You can’t take a fan out of the stands and have him coach the team and expect it to win simply because the crowd is in a fevered pitch.

Easy questions....Is the School doing EVERYTHING it possibly can to field a consistent winning football program? Is it? Is it doing what HALF the other schools in Power 5 Conferences are doing? Can it not be said that fans are giving the same effort as the school?

If this was your business with 50 years of annual losses, would you stop your investment to revitalize it at a pretty, multimillion dollar building, and leave the day to day to be ran by inexperienced and untested managment when for just a bit more money gets me some seasoned professionals?

Reality?

You're not even in the same galaxy as reality if you think we fans are somehow responsible for the continued failure of Indiana football.

You bore me. I'm envious of the bliss you must enjoy in your ignorance.
It does not matter which alias you use your same hatred for Tom Allen and Fred Glass and pretense of being a “true IU football fan” always come through.

It does not matter which alias you use your same hatred for Tom Allen and Fred Glass and pretense of being a “true IU football fan” always come through.

Alias?

Do you not understand that you can see how long someone's been a member by looking under their Avatar to the left of the screen? And you think I'm that sniveling little worm, Ord? Ha! Yes, I created this account way back in 2006 and posted almost 8,000 times just so I could come on here and pretend to be someone else so I could call out an idiot who decided to blame the fans for the lack of program success in 2018. Yep...

My apologies...there really is a special needs thing going on here. Now I just feel bad.

No reason to keep up this argument because some have already made up their minds and blame everything on the administration. Even though it appears to me the administration has put a lot of time and effort and money into improving the facilities and all the upgrades to the program.

People don't blame everything on the administration. Reasonable people do place blame on the administration when they make poor hires and decisions. The Wilson fiasco and hiring of Allen deserves criticism and the administration (Fred Glass) should be criticized for it. To be clear it's not an indictment of Allen. If he does fail, it's on Fred Glass, for hiring him to a position he wasn't qualified or ready for. also, if Allen does work out and succeeds here, Fred Glass, should be given all the credit and rewarded for it.

Last edited:
Alias?

Do you not understand that you can see how long someone's been a member by looking under their Avatar to the left of the screen? And you think I'm that sniveling little worm, Ord? Ha! Yes, I created this account way back in 2006 and posted almost 8,000 times just so I could come on here and pretend to be someone else so I could call out an idiot who decided to blame the fans for the lack of program success in 2018. Yep...

My apologies...there really is a special needs thing going on here. Now I just feel bad.
My sister works with special needs kids and I get to spend a lot of time around these kids and find no humor in post. Also I would never insult them by comparing you to one of them.

My sister works with special needs kids and I get to spend a lot of time around these kids and find no humor in post. Also I would never insult them by comparing you to one of them.
The other poster is an a-hole. Why do you continue to engage him?

don't you think when the team comes out of the locker room after halftime and see the stands empty it is hard to get back into the game. It seems like IU plays better in the first half except for Iowa and then lose the game in the second half.

True enough...but he didn't coach them did he? And weve been saying...its about the coaching. Results are the proof...
I have seen teams go from being run over one year to being very physical the next with just a coaching change. It was all about attitude. You can either sit back and take a hit, or be the aggressor. The aggressor rarely feels the pain. The aggressor rarely falls backwards and rolls up an ankle or a knee. The aggressor delivers a hit and is less likely to fall and get concussed by the turf.

Taking the fight to someone helps with a size and strength disadvantage. Force = Mass x Acceleration. If you are smaller or weaker, you don't sit back and take a hit. The equation is balanced by more acceleration or firing off the line You will wear down, but those with the most heart will fight through fatigue. I just wonder if our coaches teach this or even think this way.

That is competent and fair. Obviously a crowd participation can help inspire play. But the team has to be at a certain level of development.

It goes hand in hand. You can’t take a fan out of the stands and have him coach the team and expect it to win simply because the crowd is in a fevered pitch.

Easy questions....Is the School doing EVERYTHING it possibly can to field a consistent winning football program? Is it? Is it doing what HALF the other schools in Power 5 Conferences are doing? Can it not be said that fans are giving the same effort as the school?

If this was your business with 50 years of annual losses, would you stop your investment to revitalize it at a pretty, multimillion dollar building, and leave the day to day to be ran by inexperienced and untested managment when for just a bit more money gets me some seasoned professionals?
Well we got these late, but thanks to our fans and alumni we eventually got iPads around 2013-2014. I think dating back to 2013 we could get film on our iPads if we had our own iPad already. The reason why I bring this up is because it’s just one example of IU, donors, the coaches, and fans making a commitment to the players and giving us resources to be successful. CKW also was “mean” according to some, but he did a lot to take care of us, and totally changed the meal program to get us ready to go. The IU weight room is top notch. I’ve been to other facilities to visit since college, and IU has everything it needs.

So I really believe the administration and alumni is doing everything they need to do. Now, how many guys on the team on defense do you think actually utilized those iPads in order to gain a better understanding of defense? Even further, how many guys do you think could comprehend the defense? Not many. It was an example of even with resources, you need a certain level of caring for it to matter. And the team played hard by the way, but playing hard is different from doing everything you could do to be ready for that game, which did not happen during my time at IU. I THOUGHT CTA fixed that issue, because that defense looked prepared in 2016. But my point is that there are plenty of resources academically, personally, weight room wise, nutrition wise, and game-prep wise... and those resources were scarcely taken advantage of from what I saw, and from what I’m seeing on the field I’d imagine they aren’t being taken advantage of now. I 100% agree that if a team has what that 1987 team had, then a crowd can make a big difference.

Reactions: 82hoosier
Rakkasan has been around here a lot longer than the couple folks giving him a hard time. You want to disagree with him, fine. Do so. No need to resort to some conspiracy theory of different poster in disguise.

Rakkasan has been around here a lot longer than the couple folks giving him a hard time. You want to disagree with him, fine. Do so. No need to resort to some conspiracy theory of different poster in disguise.
Whatever he just has same tendencies of other posters. But when you start making fun of special needs kids then you have reached an all time low. Yes it was wrong of me to respond to his attacks.

Whatever he just has same tendencies of other posters. But when you start making fun of special needs kids then you have reached an all time low. Yes it was wrong of me to respond to his attacks.

I apologize for the personal attacks. Not trying to diminish special needs kids. That was wrong of me.

I can assure you I am not Ord. That was a low blow.

We disagree on why the program is mired in failure. I appreciate your passion for the team.

Reactions: Flooded Timber
The other poster is an a-hole. Why do you continue to engage him?

Rakkansan29 is good poster and usually spot on. Everyone would be better off if we treated the message boards more like a bar atmosphere where some name calling, arguments, and etc. are par far the course and not taken that serious.

Rakkansan29 is good poster and usually spot on. Everyone would be better off if we treated the message boards more like a bar atmosphere where some name calling, arguments, and etc. are par far the course and not taken that serious.
He may usually be spot on but he missed the boat on this one. And there is no need to insult people who disagree with you.

No need to insult people who disagree with you? He apologized. Just a small listing of insults from someone else, just in this post alone..

"Nope just idiots like you who can’t accept reality."

"Not sure when I have ignored you and your stupidity although I should."

I have seen teams go from being run over one year to being very physical the next with just a coaching change. It was all about attitude. You can either sit back and take a hit, or be the aggressor. The aggressor rarely feels the pain. The aggressor rarely falls backwards and rolls up an ankle or a knee. The aggressor delivers a hit and is less likely to fall and get concussed by the turf.

Taking the fight to someone helps with a size and strength disadvantage. Force = Mass x Acceleration. If you are smaller or weaker, you don't sit back and take a hit. The equation is balanced by more acceleration or firing off the line You will wear down, but those with the most heart will fight through fatigue. I just wonder if our coaches teach this or even think this way.
Have you ever played the game? “The aggressor rarely feels the pain” you must have never played to come up with that. Let me tell you when you hit weather or not you are the aggressor you feel it! And when you are smaller you find a way to hit that does not allow the bigger guy to put the full brunt of his force into you. You do not take them head on even if you do have acceleration on your side. That would be a very good way to miss a lot of games.

Have you ever played the game? “The aggressor rarely feels the pain” you must have never played to come up with that. Let me tell you when you hit weather or not you are the aggressor you feel it! And when you are smaller you find a way to hit that does not allow the bigger guy to put the full brunt of his force into you. You do not take them head on even if you do have acceleration on your side. That would be a very good way to miss a lot of games.
I played a lot and often lighter than those I played against. You must not played football beyond 5th grade. When I was doing the hitting, I never felt pain or got hurt. I only got hurt when I either didn't expect a hit or didn't see the hit coming and not hitting with a blow of my own.

I can't imagine not hitting a bigger player as hard and fast as possible. I don't know how you play football avoiding being hit or thinking about how to avoid being hit. You square up and do your best. You are going to feel pain if you end up on your back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT