ADVERTISEMENT

The Presidential Coin

The company I work for was asked to bid on making this. (Commemorative coins and medallions are one of our specialties, and we do a ton of military challenge coins. The other coins shown lower down the page look like our work, but I can't tell for sure) We were given a photo of a very obvious Chinese produced piece and asked to match it. When we informed them that what they had was Chinese, they vehemently denied it. (In our industry it's not unusual for US suppliers to import stuff and lie about the origin.) We didn't get the bid.

The photos don't show it well, but the "gold" on the Trump coin is gold flash plating over base metal (probably brass). To the eye that finish treatment looks cheap. But it's very Trump.

The company I work for was asked to bid on making this. (Commemorative coins and medallions are one of our specialties, and we do a ton of military challenge coins. The other coins shown lower down the page look like our work, but I can't tell for sure) We were given a photo of a very obvious Chinese produced piece and asked to match it. When we informed them that what they had was Chinese, they vehemently denied it. (In our industry it's not unusual for US suppliers to import stuff and lie about the origin.) We didn't get the bid.

The photos don't show it well, but the "gold" on the Trump coin is gold flash plating over base metal (probably brass). To the eye that finish treatment looks cheap. But it's very Trump.
I have a lot of challenge coins and always carry one with me. Currently, I have a Navy veteran challenge coin that I carry and I've given the same to all my friends that are Navy vets. I don't care for that Presidential coin at all. It's way to garish looking and it shouldn't be about him - a good challenge coin is about the organization it represents. Of course I'd take one - could be worth money some day. ;)

COIN007.JPG

Looks more like some cereal box token.

Reactions: MrBing
Notice there seem to be 3 font sizes?

1. The largest being "Donald J Trump" on the bottom.

2. Next largest "Donald J Trump" along the top.

3. Smallest being "45th President of the United States of America".

I find that oddly fitting in a sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT