ADVERTISEMENT

the pipe line

Just because it’s a union doesn’t mean that it miraculously has jobs lined up. If there’s no work there’s no work. Union is meaningless. When Chrysler left Stl those union workers weren’t just divined new work by virtue of being organized. Many moved on to other careers. That paid far less.
It's amazing that folks that claim to be pro-Union do not know how they work

With the green energy initiatives that are coming. There was a report that came out a few months ago that compared trump's plan with biden's plan and the latter created more jobs and was better for the economy.

So seeing people whine about loss of jobs don't have a clue.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Just because it’s a union doesn’t mean that it miraculously has jobs lined up. If there’s no work there’s no work. Union is meaningless. When Chrysler left Stl those union workers weren’t just divined new work by virtue of being organized. Many moved on to other careers. That paid far less.
You know the union employs people not those crooked corporations!

With the green energy initiatives that are coming. There was a report that came out a few months ago that compared trump's plan with biden's plan and the latter created more jobs and was better for the economy.

So seeing people whine about loss of jobs don't have a clue.
When are these jobs coming?
Where are they?
Who wrote the report?

Reactions: Crayfish57
Didn't the union people already know Biden's position on the pipeline before the election? Who got the union vote this time?
And maybe it’s short term pain for long term gain. I don’t know enough about energy stuff to know. In the meantime it’s a lot of pain and I trust litigation will follow. The contracts predate Biden’s platform. Feds may be immune under the torts act for interference etc but there still will be estoppel type claims I suspect

Didn't the union people already know Biden's position on the pipeline before the election? Who got the union vote this time?
Union leaders,like Trump, don't always have their members best interests in mind.
We will see. Hopefully it works out well for them. At this point, they've traded known contracts for hopefully future contracts.

Union leaders,like Trump, don't always have their members best interests in mind.
We will see. Hopefully it works out well for them. At this point, they've traded known contracts for hopefully future contracts.
Thanks for saying that.

My thought was that union guys certainly knew Biden's pipeline position before the election, and (I think) mostly voted for him anyway. With that in mind, I don't see any valid reason for these alarmists to come to this board, act like they've uncovered some secret new Biden position on pipelines and then claim to be coming to the rescue of union jobs.

Union guys I've known are as smart as the rest of us and are well-informed on economic stuff that affects them. They'd probably be insulted at the idea that they need rescuing.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Thanks for saying that.

My thought was that union guys certainly knew Biden's pipeline position before the election, and (I think) mostly voted for him anyway. With that in mind, I don't see any valid reason for these alarmists to come to this board, act like they've uncovered some secret new Biden position on pipelines and then claim to be coming to the rescue of union jobs.

Union guys I've known are as smart as the rest of us and are well-informed on economic stuff that affects them. They'd probably be insulted at the idea that they need rescuing.
Union guys I know and we’re a big union town would love rescuing. Unions are only a little more 6 percent of the private sector

Union guys I know and we’re a big union town would love rescuing. Unions are only a little more 6 percent of the private sector
You're talking about getting rescued by employers' hiring more of them. That's a different matter.

I was talking about posters on this board acting like union rescuers by claiming to have superior knowledge as to Biden's policy and then attacking it.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Why was it necessary to eliminate jobs at this time?

From the twitter verse cause my only expertise is from online discussions and Buttigieg's confirmation hearing so I'm not coming from an area of confidence....right now it's around 100 jobs that have been effected.

The discourse is all on speculation of future jobs, which is where you're going to get the speculation differences.

Since it's all speculation, the real question is do you want to put in a pipeline for an energy that the Biden administration wants to move past?

Again if it's 1920 do you want to make more horse and buggy paths or build flat roads for the automobile?

From the twitter verse cause my only expertise is from online discussions and Buttigieg's confirmation hearing so I'm not coming from an area of confidence....right now it's around 100 jobs that have been effected.

The discourse is all on speculation of future jobs, which is where you're going to get the speculation differences.

Since it's all speculation, the real question is do you want to put in a pipeline for an energy that the Biden administration wants to move past?

Again if it's 1920 do you want to make more horse and buggy paths or build flat roads for the automobile?
It shouldn’t be speculation. They either have contracts or they don’t.

Reactions: Crayfish57
"We care about poor people..." mmhmm...sure you do.

Again there's an interesting pivot the right is trying to make, the working class.

There's already a guy who has made his whole life defending the working class that the right has labeled as a communist in Bernie, but lately you've been trying to rebrand the Trump conservative as a working class party.

It's all Ted Cruz spouts off about lately....liberals rich elites who are out of touch with the working class. The Republicans are the party of the unions!!!

Wait, what??

Not coming at this as snide, just pointing out the pivot.

It makes sense, Trump struck a chord there.

Are Trumpicans and Bernie going to unite?

You make a living by leaching off the working poor, while providing no tangible benefit. So until you decide to get a job you might want to keep your head down, mouth shut so no one notices you're bleeding them dry.
How do you know how much money my folks make? What you are doing is attacking the defender of the poor which is me. Plus, they know what I do and why I do it. You don't know a thing. Why don't you spend time with a pastor who truly loves God and His people.

How do you know how much money my folks make? What you are doing is attacking the defender of the poor which is me. Plus, they know what I do and why I do it. You don't know a thing. Why don't you spend time with a pastor who truly loves God and His people.

The defender of the poor....are you a Bernie Bro now?

In 2016, Bernie ranked 519th in wealth among all congressmen. 19th poorest.

He then wrote 3 very popular books that made him suddenly well-off.

Good for him. He has a reputation for generosity that is also very commendable.

Did they shoot all the horses in 1920 because the car was coming?

Reactions: 76-1

Yet you attack democrats for defending the poor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT