ADVERTISEMENT

Step away from the ledge...

Indiana_1993

Redshirt
Nov 23, 2015
I've been reading a lot about assessments of this team and projections based on the first three games. Let’s step away from the ledge and breathe for a second…

This team is basically a brand new team from top to bottom. They are made of winners. They are athletes that have proven their worth at all levels before arriving in Indiana. Let’s let the coach do his thing and give this team time to gel. The defense that they are trying to learn is not trivial. This team is athletic, so they will learn the defense in due time. The offense, as we saw in the last game, is there, so we have less worries from that standpoint.

I’m a believer that some kids have the ability to adapt faster than others. I think the best thing that can happen to us is that we get trounced by UCONN. Getting hammered by a superior team will be an incredible learning experience and motivator.

I like what we’re doing, and I like our ceiling. Let’s give it time to develop.

Woody/TJD have done a commendable job with keeping the IU Trolls at bay over the last two years. But, the Trolls are coming.... The next month is going to be a rough one...

origin.png

I've been reading a lot about assessments of this team and projections based on the first three games. Let’s step away from the ledge and breathe for a second…

This team is basically a brand new team from top to bottom. They are made of winners. They are athletes that have proven their worth at all levels before arriving in Indiana. Let’s let the coach do his thing and give this team time to gel. The defense that they are trying to learn is not trivial. This team is athletic, so they will learn the defense in due time. The offense, as we saw in the last game, is there, so we have less worries from that standpoint.

I’m a believer that some kids have the ability to adapt faster than others. I think the best thing that can happen to us is that we get trounced by UCONN. Getting hammered by a superior team will be an incredible learning experience and motivator.

Getting Trounced by UConn is not a good thing after looking terrible against very bad competition. We need to go out and play well and compete and build off of that.

Getting Trounced by UConn is not a good thing after looking terrible against very bad competition. We need to go out and play well and compete and build off of that.
Saying anything at all after repeatedly making a fool of oneself is a terrible look and disqualifies you from use of the word "we" as it relates to IU. I could repost the litany of your WoodsonsucksIUisadumpsterfire drivel from last Season or you could just STFU long enough to allow some oxygen to get to what passes for a brain.

This place is now 60%+ crybabies and trolls. Just know that before coming here. Even with the wins and noticeable improvement, many are calling for Woody’s head. That is typically the same idiots over and over again.

Sure, this team has a long way to go, but I’d say most all of the reasonable posters expected some real challenges the first half of this year. I have felt like we could still hit 20 wins, but we better improve quite a bit to get there. I also agree that an ass whooping might be what this team needs. It also seems Woody is still trying to get many of his players significant time to adjust before he cuts down any type of rotation.

End of the day, I’m a wait and see kinda guy and I’m going to root this team on for wins every game and stay as positive as I can. Glad to see another rational poster here.

Saying anything at all after repeatedly making a fool of oneself is a terrible look and disqualifies you from use of the word "we" as it relates to IU. I could repost the litany of your WoodsonsucksIUisadumpsterfire drivel from last Season or you could just STFU long enough to allow some oxygen to get to what passes for a brain.
Just f**k off douche

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a team suddenly flourish because they got hammered. And I’m pretty sure Woody has plenty of tape from the first 3 games to teach from. I’d much prefer we show some grit and keep it close. If UConn is who we think they are, a close loss won’t hurt much on Selection Sunday. A blowout will. And it has a good chance of damaging a young team’s psyche.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a team suddenly flourish because they got hammered. And I’m pretty sure Woody has plenty of tape from the first 3 games to teach from. I’d much prefer we show some grit and keep it close. If UConn is who we think they are, a close loss won’t hurt much on Selection Sunday. A blowout will. And it has a good chance of damaging a young team’s psyche.
Learning to block out would be nice. I realize that the other team will brick some 3s so bad that the rebound comes out long and blocking out won’t do much, but we give up so many boards under the basket. You give any D1 team 2-3 shots on a possession, they’re gonna make one of them. We cut down on the TOs last game but we gave up 13 offensive boards. You might be able to beat Wright State doing that, but that’s a recipe to get absolutely embarrassed by a UConn or Kansas. We give up 13 offensive boards to UConn and we’ll lose by 30. And it won’t even seem like it was that close.

this is his pattern... he starts a
slow troll then ramps it up after each loss then disappears after wins...

Newly formed teams during their development phase typically play to the level of their opponents so we shall see tomorrow how this notion plays out.

But back to BS Mitty he is always the same... you will see him start his troll tomorrow if there are three missed 3s

this is his pattern... he starts a
slow troll then ramps it up after each loss then disappears after wins...

Newly formed teams during their development phase typically play to the level of their opponents so we shall see tomorrow how this notion plays out.

But back to BS Mitty he is always the same... you will see him start his troll tomorrow if there are three missed 3s
And we will see you tell us that another crappy performance is ok and all about is building a program. We have looked awful, why are you defending it?

And we will see you tell us that another crappy performance is ok and all about is building a program. We have looked awful, why are you defending it?
troll get real to what is happening... your pessimistic glasses are skewing your perception... you never went to IU... you are a ND football fan... and you were all in on Archie lol

What I figured. Just a fan boy without a clue. I don’t have an agenda other than wanting IU to be a powerhouse again
you can figure... you cant see what is happening... clear you have never built a team. not true about your agenda ... your pattern is apparent.. lol

you can figure... you cant see what is happening... clear you have never built a team. not true about your agenda ... your pattern is apparent.. lol
So let’s get this straight. You think Woody is building a team? Or is he building a program? If it’s a team he is building then he has failed this year. He has way too many holes in this roster to look at this team as a building block team. If he is building a program, he needs to recruit a roster that will be able to sustain success. I hate PU but painter has done great at this. Chasing transfers like Ware and recruits that are looking to be here a year and move on will create a culture of roster turnover and he cannot build a program. Either he recruits like UK/Duke and can just get nba talent every year and his challenge is to get them to play together or he has to develop a roster. I’m passionate about IU basketball and winning. If you don’t like my expectations of IU being a powerhouse than so be it and move on brother

It's great to have so many on here to point out what they see as not perfect basketball.

It must make the coaching staff's and players lives much easier to give them the roadmap to great basketball.

You take pride in doing their off the court jobs for them, I'm sure they appreciate that.

It's like you're rooting more for your takes/prognostications to be perceived as correct moreso than rooting for the team we have representing Hoosiers basketball to win basketball games.

Reactions: Imsowyctcwuzbetta
It's great to have so many on here to point out what they see as not perfect basketball.

It must make the coaching staff's and players lives much easier to give them the roadmap to great basketball.

You take pride in doing their off the court jobs for them, I'm sure they appreciate that.

It's like you're rooting more for your takes/prognostications to be perceived as correct moreso than rooting for the team we have representing Hoosiers basketball to win basketball games.
Texas A&M is paying a guy $77 million because he isn’t winning titles. Just win!

Reactions: Hatchets7times

you have him pegged!

This place is now 60%+ crybabies and trolls. Just know that before coming here. Even with the wins and noticeable improvement, many are calling for Woody’s head. That is typically the same idiots over and over again.

Sure, this team has a long way to go, but I’d say most all of the reasonable posters expected some real challenges the first half of this year. I have felt like we could still hit 20 wins, but we better improve quite a bit to get there. I also agree that an ass whooping might be what this team needs. It also seems Woody is still trying to get many of his players significant time to adjust before he cuts down any type of rotation.

End of the day, I’m a wait and see kinda guy and I’m going to root this team on for wins every game and stay as positive as I can. Glad to see another rational poster here.
Well said

So let’s get this straight. You think Woody is building a team? Or is he building a program? If it’s a team he is building then he has failed this year. He has way too many holes in this roster to look at this team as a building block team. If he is building a program, he needs to recruit a roster that will be able to sustain success. I hate PU but painter has done great at this. Chasing transfers like Ware and recruits that are looking to be here a year and move on will create a culture of roster turnover and he cannot build a program. Either he recruits like UK/Duke and can just get nba talent every year and his challenge is to get them to play together or he has to develop a roster. I’m passionate about IU basketball and winning. If you don’t like my expectations of IU being a powerhouse than so be it and move on brother
I like your comments about recruiting. Agree 100%.

Umm, you do realize Painter has taken at least 1 transfer for the last several years that I recall, including this year with starter Lance Jones. So, is your argument that CMW is getting recruits and transfers that are too highly rated? You want recruits that are lower rated so they stay longer; is that right? You mean "program" guys like Cupps and Newton? But, wait, they're here too. I do think you got one sentiment right:

move on brother

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Umm, you do realize Painter has taken at least 1 transfer for the last several years that I recall, including this year with starter Lance Jones. So, is your argument that CMW is getting recruits and transfers that are too highly rated? You want recruits that are lower rated so they stay longer; is that right? You mean "program" guys like Cupps and Newton? But, wait, they're here too. I do think you got one sentiment right:
Are they core of the roster? He adds a transfer to plug a hole while building around guys. Gillis, Edey, Smith, Loyer, Furst, Kauffman types is what I’m saying or is it that Painter has a system and recruits to fit his system? Do you know what system or what type of roster Woody is trying to build for the future?

He tries to squeeze whatever he can to fit his agenda... the program is in good hands and the team is building... while the program is as well.

Last edited:
What is my agenda?? Lol. If it wanting Iu to be good and a powerhouse again than yes I’m guilty
it's your agenda... it shows on your posts... if you truly have the agenda you mentioned above then you can sit back and learn. your pattern is apparent; your agenda is clear... read your own diatribes.

Check out the great '81 IU champs. As I recall, they absolutely sucked during the pre-B1G Great Alaska Shootout. After that, they took it to the highest level. There are too many examples to recite of teams turning it around after bad loses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT