ADVERTISEMENT

The NFL's Conundrum......

Children are going to throw fits when you first put rules on them. So what? Who really complained?

stoll went and cried to Jim. That got handled -- Jim was fine once he was shown what was actually happening, but I really resented having to explain myself. But that also coincided with McM and Noodle and shortly thereafter Ranger all bailing, with the first two specifically blamng it on the moderation. Cray and DANC and stoll I can put up with, but when good people like McM and Noodle and Ranger tell me I'm doing a shitty job then I have to reassess.

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU and DANC
let mark handle the morning shift since he seems to be an early riser. late night seems like goat is around. late afternoon and evening seems to be where the vacancy exists. where i am looking? @DANC
If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve.

Aw, who am I kidding - I'LL DO IT!

Damn, I don't know how I missed this thread. twentyIQ leaving the board and posting tits.... I always miss out on the fun.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve.

Aw, who am I kidding - I'LL DO IT!

Damn, I don't know how I missed this thread. twentIQ leaving the board and posting tits.... I always miss out on the fun.
It’s the quickest way for this board to get some wins

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
stoll went and cried to Jim. That got handled -- Jim was fine once he was shown what was actually happening, but I really resented having to explain myself. But that also coincided with McM and Noodle and shortly thereafter Ranger all bailing, with the first two specifically blamng it on the moderation. Cray and DANC and stoll I can put up with, but when good people like McM and Noodle and Ranger tell me I'm doing a shitty job then I have to reassess.
I thought McM was just pulling your leg. Noodle and Ranger didn't like anyone opposing them. They only wanted posts or posters deleted for certain posters only.

I've gotten used to shitty moderation since I started posting. I expect it and I'm not disappointed, but it didn't start with you (however much I'd like that to be true).

But seriously, you and Goat are not good examples of moderators because of your personal style of posting. You don't want others to be rude or vacuous, yet many of both your posts are like that.

You wanted to be moderator and you got it. So lead by example. I believe you can, but it's way beyond Goat's ability.

Reactions: jet812
I thought McM was just pulling your leg. Noodle and Ranger didn't like anyone opposing them. They only wanted posts or posters deleted for certain posters only.

I've gotten used to shitty moderation since I started posting. I expect it and I'm not disappointed, but it didn't start with you (however much I'd like that to be true).

But seriously, you and Goat are not good examples of moderators because of your personal style of posting. You don't want others to be rude or vacuous, yet many of both your posts are like that.

You wanted to be moderator and you got it. So lead by example. I believe you can, but it's way beyond Goat's ability.
I’m challenging to moderate because I mix high end content with verbal attacks

Reactions: DANC
You guys were stone cold silent when I was trying to keep a lid on the shitposting and was taking all the grief for it. Now you're whining about there being no moderation. Make up your minds. You want me to mod this place? Fine. Then back me up when I do.
I think what people were looking for was fair & objective moderation, which you & Goat showed no reason to believe possessed a willingness or ability to provide.

Same for me, except without the high end content. lol

When I first came on the board, I knew it was a sewer, but was determined not to fall into personal attacks. I thought it was obvious and those attacks would stop. They didn't. So, I quickly succumbed to the temptation to respond in kind.

I think boards like this are impossible to moderate on a voluntary basis. To be fair and even-handed, you need to read every post on every thread every day. No one with a life has time to do that. But the least the mods could do would be to set an example, which NPT seems to do.

High end content? I don't know, man. Your reaction score is only marginally above water.

Just kidding. Please don't respond by telling me no one likes me and I have no friends. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I think you're doing a decent job under difficult circumstances. You're dealing with a handful of prolific shitposters, some of whom are paying customers.

Hasn't been carted off but CTA appears to have several seizures per game.

antonio-banderas.gif

You guys were stone cold silent when I was trying to keep a lid on the shitposting and was taking all the grief for it. Now you're whining about there being no moderation. Make up your minds. You want me to mod this place? Fine. Then back me up when I do.

Wtf are you talking about? There is shitposting and there is posting shit. This falls in the latter.

You linked me to this on accident

I know Hamlin had exactly the same attitude as you.

Until he died twice.

Matt had good advice for you.

You should take it.
It’s idiotic to claim his issue has anything at all to do with COVID vaccinations. Absolutely idiotic. Sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing
Stolls a shmuck.

I ran into him the other day and he acted like he didn’t know me.

That could be because he doesn’t know me but still…..

I don't know you need to worry too much about the opinion of the guy who ranked CO.H #1 all season.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Does it say anywhere in that Mother Jones article that Florida is the least compliant state? Not saying I don’t believe you, I couldn’t find it.

Big pharma, politicians and our medical establishment really muddied the waters with their mischaraterization of the Covid vaccines both in how they operate and the effects. It will take years to undo the mess they’ve made. And the spillover effect into real vaccines that are actually important for children is a regrettable but predictable consequence.
The Mother Jones article is just the article I found when I googled, trying to find the original article I saw that I thought I had saved. Here are a couple of other articles (local FL media) discussing the situation which were in my history when I searched.

However neither specifically says that FL is last, so I guess I need to concede that claim as unverified, and I'm not sure how you can research it any more in depth at this point. I thought I remembered reading it and being struck by the negative effect of having a quack like Ladapo as the state Surgeon General...

DeSantis is going to try and use the vaccine as a weapon against Trump in a GOP Primary, but I doubt trying to out Trump Trump is a recipe for winning the people he'd need to win a general election. I think he's the latest Scott Walker who was loved by Pubs but disliked intensely by others.

The Mother Jones article is just the article I found when I googled, trying to find the original article I saw that I thought I had saved. Here are a couple of other articles (local FL media) discussing the situation which were in my history when I searched.

However neither specifically says that FL is last, so I guess I need to concede that claim as unverified, and I'm not sure how you can research it any more in depth at this point. I thought I remembered reading it and being struck by the negative effect of having a quack like Ladapo as the state Surgeon General...

DeSantis is going to try and use the vaccine as a weapon against Trump in a GOP Primary, but I doubt trying to out Trump Trump is a recipe for winning the people he'd need to win a general election. I think he's the latest Scott Walker who was loved by Pubs but disliked intensely by others.
So what you’re saying is you completely made up the very specific fact that Florida was trailing the rest of the nation in measles and mumps vaccinations

What the hell is wrong with you weirdo? Do you have a life outside of politics.

1976 Swine Flu vaccine: 1 serious event per 100,000 vaccines: Vaccine withdrawn

Rotavirus Vaccine/ Rotasheild : 2 serious events per 10,000 vaccines. Vaccine withdrawn.

Covid mRNA Vaccines: 1 serious event per 800 vaccines. Vaccine promoted like none other.

It's reasonable to understand why one, or very many are "anti vax" or extra cautious.
Personally, I havent been vaxed and never tested for it once. It's my personal decision. I've lost what I considered my #2 homeboy growing up to "Covid 19".. But he was also 428 lbs, diabetes and had heart failure for 3 years before this "virus" caught him. 39 years old at time of death. He made those decisions to keep his weight as high as he always did. So I have experienced a death closed to me from "covid 19".

I support everyone who had the vaccine and boosters etc. I just cant for the life of me figure out why I am shamed for not putting something in me that no one knows the long term effects of? 8-10 years of testing and results would be fine. 6-12 months? I'll never understand it. And why are people like me shamed on saying no, when even if I/we did have the vaccine, I still could pass Covid 19. Zero sense to me.

Reactions: DANC and jet812

Rotavirus Vaccine/ Rotasheild : 2 serious events per 10,000 vaccines. Vaccine withdrawn.

Covid mRNA Vaccines: 1 serious event per 800 vaccines. Vaccine promoted like none other.

Please provide a source/citation.

It's reasonable to understand why one, or very many are "anti vax" or extra cautious.
Personally, I havent been vaxed and never tested for it once. It's my personal decision. I've lost what I considered my #2 homeboy growing up to "Covid 19".. But he was also 428 lbs, diabetes and had heart failure for 3 years before this "virus" caught him. 39 years old at time of death. He made those decisions to keep his weight as high as he always did. So I have experienced a death closed to me from "covid 19".

I support everyone who had the vaccine and boosters etc. I just cant for the life of me figure out why I am shamed for not putting something in me that no one knows the long term effects of? 8-10 years of testing and results would be fine. 6-12 months? I'll never understand it. And why are people like me shamed on saying no, when even if I/we did have the vaccine, I still could pass Covid 19. Zero sense to me.
Why do you have virus in quotations? You need to do some more research. They were working on the Covid vaccine for decades, to be prepared for this. Just like they have to change it a bit each year for the variations, as they do with the flu shot. Michael Lewis’ book on the pandemic explains exactly how long they have been working on it and why it’s wrong to call it experimental. You’ve been lucky so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT