ADVERTISEMENT

The next stop on the Jaquan Lyle tour is ....

Re: Buckeyes reload*

Yes reload. You must be familiar with the the high school he attended.

Louisville now Oregon now Ohio St...

wish them and him good luck. Kind of interesting that Ohio St doesn't have the same academic portion as the other two.

Lyle has been to campus since the fall

I don't know if CTC was interested, but Lyle came to a game and I believe he was supposed to come to Hoosier Hysteria. I don't know how interested CTC would be with a kid that has had issues with attitude after the locker room issues we had last year and off-court issues this year.

Lyle has a habit of disappointing teammates and fans. He might be fine at OSU. Just glad we don't have to worry about him being an issue here. I watched his act for 3 years in Evansville.

Re: Lyle has been to campus since the fall

what locker room issues?
Originally posted by iubud:
I don't know if CTC was interested, but Lyle came to a game and I believe he was supposed to come to Hoosier Hysteria. I don't know how interested CTC would be with a kid that has had issues with attitude after the locker room issues we had last year and off-court issues this year.

Lyle has a habit of disappointing teammates and fans. He might be fine at OSU. Just glad we don't have to worry about him being an issue here. I watched his act for 3 years in Evansville.

there's always a continuum but it seems to me there are too many question

marks surrounding this guy to roll the dice on him for IU. I still think we need a PG (and a post... or 2), and I don't like the oversigns, so I think this was a good outcome for all.

He let his team and school down so many times.

The biggest issue was the fight with a teammate in the lunchroom at school before his team was going to play for a share of the Evansville city title against a big rival. The game was so big that they moved it to a bigger gym. We were on the way to the game as he was playing our Warriors, when Lyle tweeted a story that he had missed the bus and wouldn't be playing. My son texted him back that it was a nice try, but they were looking forward to a good game with him. On a day that Crean, Matta, Pitino, Belein, an Illinois assistant and others were coming to town, Lyle got in a fight, got suspended, and his team lost by 25!

There is the game in another year that he got mad at a call at the end of the game. He walked of the court and sat at the end of the bench. His team was in the lead and he just walked off and would not go back in. His team lost the lead with Castle, and Castle went on to win the SIAC championship by one game over Bosse.

There was the game against Evansville Central that after already getting a technical foul for taunting (a regular occurrence), he clearly threw a punch at another player. One ref gave him his second technical foul. After a conference at the scorers bench that included his coach and AD Andy Elkins, it was changed to a common foul so he wouldn't get ejected and suspended.

His antics on the court, suspension, directly cost Bosse two titles. His teammates never knew when he was going to get in a fight or do something to draw a technical foul.

I saw him play a minimum of 10 times over his 3 years. The only time I saw him play with good sportsmanship was the game Dane Fife attended and the game Pitino attended. Pitino sat next to his family and Lyle tried to be a one man show. At the time Jalen Pendleton was a senior and you could see him visibly frustrated at Lyle continually taking bad shots and refusing to pass the ball.

Maybe he has changed, but I saw his attitude get worse over his 3 years here. I can only imagine how he will act when he becomes the BMOC. There are non-basketball things I know that only reinforce my opinion.

This post was edited on 1/30 7:20 AM by iubud

Isn't he now eligible for the NBA draft because it seems he is more suited for the NBADL than college. Even if he doesn't get drafted he could a year in the DL to prove his talent.

Basically what he is doing at OSU. Go there for a year and take some slapdick classes, have a good year and go pro

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT