ADVERTISEMENT

The Nation is championing a direct attack on the legitimacy of the federal judiciary

BradStevens

All-American
Sep 7, 2023

This is pretty amazing. The podcast/article author behind this is Elie Mystal, who I find an unserious thinker, to put it mildly. But he has some academics on here to advance this idea.

The prof interviewed here thinks the check on unconstitutional federal legislation is voting the reps out of office and repealing the laws. Not sure how federalism would survive or that his interpretation squares with the structure of the US Constitution, most notably the 10th Amendment. I also think this is a very dangerous idea in an era of Presidential overreach (from both sides) of power. This seems of a piece with "The first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers."

This is pretty amazing. The podcast/article author behind this is Elie Mystal, who I find an unserious thinker, to put it mildly. But he has some academics on here to advance this idea.

The prof interviewed here thinks the check on unconstitutional federal legislation is voting the reps out of office and repealing the laws. Not sure how federalism would survive or that his interpretation squares with the structure of the US Constitution, most notably the 10th Amendment. I also think this is a very dangerous idea in an era of Presidential overreach (from both sides) of power. This seems of a piece with "The first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers."
Remember the good old days, when leftists loved the Supreme Court?

Has the balance of three branches failed us somehow? Was there some form of “kryptonite”?

Reactions: BradStevens

when money is allowed to buy govt, there is literally a 100% chance it does so.

which it did.

it wasn't personal. just business.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT