ADVERTISEMENT

The Montverde Recruiting Weekend

Getting Flagg would crown CMW.
But that's not happening..
Flagg at Indiana would have the fan base out of their minds...You probably couldn't get a seat..
I'm a little worried none of these 3 are coming..
We'll see...
I don’t know, I’m concerned none of the recruits were sporting big Hoosiers smiles in those candy stripe photos and such. They appeared a bit reticent, a tad reserved if you prefer. It could be just my imagination, figment-ed from the paranoia that comes, not knowing. It was a big weekend in Bloomington. Let’s hope the best for IU basketball. In Woodson we trust ‘cause he’s one of us. He knows the culture that got us there.

I don’t know, I’m concerned none of the recruits were sporting big Hoosiers smiles in those candy stripe photos and such. They appeared a bit reticent, a tad reserved if you prefer. It could be just my imagination, figment-ed from the paranoia that comes, not knowing. It was a big weekend in Bloomington. Let’s hope the best for IU basketball. In Woodson we trust ‘cause he’s one of us. He knows the culture that got us there.
I think IU is in very good shape

Not really. Strength yes. Explosiveness is more the player's genetic athletic ability and it can't really be improved very much by training.
Maybe not explosiveness, but guys have increased their vertical a good bit and I know that can be improved. But what I'm talking about is just agility and flexibility and both those can be improved. He doesn't have to be a ballerina, just quicker on his feet where he's not so prone to grab with his hands on D. I saw a lot to work with last year and I'll bet he'll be both better defensively and less foul-prone. I'd guess it's exactly what they worked on since he didn't put on much weight in the off season. I swear I thought I saw that they were listing him like 5 lbs lighter, but it may have been in a story, not a roster listing.

Maybe not explosiveness, but guys have increased their vertical a good bit and I know that can be improved. But what I'm talking about is just agility and flexibility and both those can be improved. He doesn't have to be a ballerina, just quicker on his feet where he's not so prone to grab with his hands on D. I saw a lot to work with last year and I'll bet he'll be both better defensively and less foul-prone. I'd guess it's exactly what they worked on since he didn't put on much weight in the off season. I swear I thought I saw that they were listing him like 5 lbs lighter, but it may have been in a story, not a roster listing.
One way to improve quickness without being quicker is to be in the right position or follow a good scouting report and know what the other player likes to do. Sometimes upperclassmen will look quicker than they are but it’s just being around the system and learning how to play your position

Staff did a great job. This isn’t over but the doom and gloom is premature.
Only one measure if the staff did a great job, although NIL clouds things a little.

7VD4.gif

Hope they earned their coffee!

That's not what his GF says.
She could just as easily been referring to his morning bout of diarrhea, explosive in nature that it was. That’s why those porcelain throne brushes are kept so handy…for that and the equally ill-fated projectile vomitus of ancient lore we all abhor.

She could just as easily been referring to his morning bout of diarrhea, explosive in nature that it was. That’s why those porcelain throne brushes are kept so handy…for that and the equally ill-fated projectile vomitus of ancient lore we all abhor.
Why? Always why?

Is this like the Reneau breakfast and Bedrak???
What’s this one all about?

My wife and I ate at Bedrak about a year ago only because I was intrigued by the name, assuming it meant as a play on words, not only being located in the heart of limestone country, but also Fred and Wilma Flintstone’s hometown of Bedrock. That said, we left unimpressed but I can’t remember why… maybe it was the undercooked potatoes after having added the word “crispy” to my order of hash browns when the kitchen couldn’t have been very busy. What I do recall with certainty is a painted “Black Lives Matter” on their front window and their location in the skid row section of B-town, South Walnut, ironically home to a wide variety of non-edible nuts. I left muttering, “Well, we won’t need to do that again” and that we haven’t.

• Haha
Reactions: Bucket Getter
What’s this one all about?

My wife and I ate at Bedrak about a year ago only because I was intrigued by the name, assuming it meant as a play on words, not only being located in the heart of limestone country, but also Fred and Wilma Flintstone’s hometown of Bedrock. That said, we left unimpressed but I can’t remember why… maybe it was the undercooked potatoes after having added the word “crispy” to my order of hash browns when the kitchen couldn’t have been very busy. What I do recall with certainty is a painted “Black Lives Matter” on their front window and their location in the skid row section of B-town, South Walnut, ironically home to a wide variety of non-edible nuts. I left muttering, “Well, we won’t need to do that again” and that we haven’t.
We go to Bedrak pretty consistently and always have had a good experience. When Reneau was in town in his visit, he was in there with coaching staff and told Woody he was committing. A cheer went up from the table. Of course some basketball fans were in and reported immediately, even though official reports were a little later.

We go to Bedrak pretty consistently and always have had a good experience. When Reneau was in town in his visit, he was in there with coaching staff and told Woody he was committing. A cheer went up from the table. Of course some basketball fans were in and reported immediately, even though official reports were a little later.
Cool story, Bro! I had not heard that one. Bedrak should offer a menu item in honor of his declaration here, much like Triple XXX in West Laffy has burger concoctions named after their (in)famous athletes of the past. I ate the “Duane Purvis All-American” burger there once with its silly slather of peanut butter in such dominance of flavor profile.

Anyway, I believe it might be time to give Bedrak another try, thinking the cook was maybe high. I’ll ask for “extra crispy” next time to see if he’s awake and not just Woke.

Cool story, Bro! I had not heard that one. Bedrak should offer a menu item in honor of his declaration here, much like Triple XXX in West Laffy has burger concoctions named after their (in)famous athletes of the past. I ate the “Duane Purvis All-American” burger there once with its silly slather of peanut butter in such dominance of flavor profile.

Anyway, I believe it might be time to give Bedrak another try, thinking the cook was maybe high. I’ll ask for “extra crispy” next time to see if he’s awake and not just Woke.
Good grief.

XXX is nasty, but there are so few choices around there. Good root beer though.

XXX is nasty, but there are so few choices around there. Good root beer though.
It’s the best PU has to offer, that and Harry’s Chocolate Shop, I believe it’s called. Never been there but I imagine it their “Nick’s”albeit a poorer man’s version with less vision, less nostalgia. I’m not into peanut butter on my hamburger. I ordered it once at XXX upon invite, just trying to be polite. I tasted no reason to make the experience happen again. Everything’s better with Cheddar!

Every thang!

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
It’s the best PU has to offer, that and Harry’s Chocolate Shop, I believe it’s called. Never been there but I imagine it their “Nick’s”albeit a poorer man’s version with less vision, less nostalgia. I’m not into peanut butter on my hamburger. I ordered it once at XXX upon invite, just trying to be polite. I tasted no reason to make the experience happen again. Everything’s better with Cheddar!

Every thang!
Harry’s is the only good bar at Purdue

Reactions: paige3
So this being a recruiting thread, anything on how the visits went?! Anybody hearing anything?
Someone made the comment, “good breakfast” but it remains unclear if this pertained to the Monteverde kid’s visit to Village Deli this past weekend or in reference to JHS’s much earlier announcement for IU at Bedrak (umlaut over the “a”) on S Walnut, across the street from Bloomington’s homeless encampment, Seminary “Park”.

Harry’s is the only good bar at Purdue
was on the rental car shuttle in Frankfurt Germany many yrs ago, half sleep walking with jet lag after an overnight flight, and a guy sat down in front of me with a "Go Ugly Early/ Harry's Chocolate Shop " sweatshirt on. Small world. Guy kinda looked like that PU doughboy cheerleader that Sheehey flexed in front of...so felt the sweatshirt was appropriate.

Reactions: bsmitty08
was on the rental car shuttle in Frankfurt Germany many yrs ago, half sleep walking with jet lag after an overnight flight, and a guy sat down in front of me with a "Go Ugly Early/ Harry's Chocolate Shop " sweatshirt on. Small world. Guy kinda looked like that PU doughboy cheerleader that Sheehey flexed in front of...so felt the sweatshirt was appropriate.
I remember “Doughboy” and Sheehey’s mounded muscle of mayhem quite well, that having been my last time invited to attend a game in Mackey by a PU alumnus. The game proved so satisfying I’ll never feel the need to attend one there again. My ticket was punched for all time, literally and figuratively. Purdue pricks started heading for the exits with 8 minutes left…just imagine the IU dominance precipitating that kind of outburst.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT