ADVERTISEMENT

The left could loose this election.

How many Democrats spoke at the RNC?

Pretty telling given how many Republicans spoke at the DNC and are outspoken against Trump.

Can you link that- the claim he was attacked by someone with a firearm? Not exactly what video or eyewitness accounts say. I mean you know the video that shows him running is after he's already shot and killed the first guy, right?

The 3rd guy who was shot (in the arm) was carrying, and had drawn a handgun.

This is on the scale of Trump hitting the links during the Pandemic. Both are bad looks but I’m not going to bunch up my shorts over either one.
Where would you rather Trump be, on the links or in the Oval Office?

I've not begrudged the man any time on the golf course . . . out of concern for the country. ;)

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Hillz I lost where we were in this so I apologize for the hanging response. Here’s how I see it. Guy has a license and keeps a handgun in his car. Attacker attempts to carjack the guy. The guy shoots the attacker. That guy reacted to outside forces and was in no way an instigator.

I equate the Rittenhouse situation with the guy who hears that a huge fight has broken out at the local bar. He grabs his AR and drives down to the bar and ends up killing someone. This guy is much different than the guy who was car jacked IMO.

Reactions: Sope Creek
That doesn't justify a self-defense defense to the fatal shootings of others.
It's hard to discern the actual facts of the case, or even a straight news story. I defer to you because IANAL. However, I would not think the depiction or the videos I linked support a charge of premeditated murder.

Matthew 7:5: "First, remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye."

I don't know why y'all expect Democrats to be perfect and don't expect anything of your own party.
My own party....lol. I said the far left, not Democrats. Pay attention dummy. And you can stick the Bible right up your ass...

The 3rd guy who was shot (in the arm) was carrying, and had drawn a handgun.

I'm not sure this video and the accompanying statements from both a WAPO reporter as well as a Daily Caller reporter who was interviewing him at the time back up the claim of self defense...

And if he was being attacked by someone armed, then why after he shoots and kills the 2nd man (Huber) does he calmly shoulder his weapon and walk towards police? Wouldn't he still be in danger if he was being threatened by some mysterious gunman in the shadows?

He kills Rosenbaum (who was unarmed) and then is chased by others including Grosskreutz, who you describe as having "drawn" his weapon. So when he killed Rosenbaum, who exactly was threatening him?

What element of "self-defense" applies here? Because no one tried to claim that the guy who killed the other guy in Portland was exercising self-defense, even though the man he killed was also armed? But yet a guy who shoots and kills 2 unarmed men is claiming "self-defense"?

"It isn't clear what happened right before Rittenhouse shot Rosenbaum dead in a parking lot. Police charging documents say Rosenbaum appeared to be unarmed but threw a plastic bag toward Rittenhouse. A Daily Caller reporter who was interviewing Rittenhouse told police he thought Rosenbaum was reaching for Rittenhouse's AR-15. A gunshot can be heard somewhere in the vicinity before Rittenhouse opens fire.

Rittenhouse then called someone and said, "I just killed somebody." It was clear "he knew he messed up," a protester named Jeremiah told the Journal Sentinel. "He panicked. Even his people knew what he did was wrong. They were all shouting at him, 'What are you doing?'"

At that point, several people started chasing Rittenhouse. He tripped and fell before shooting and missing a protester who jumped over him. Huber tried to grab his gun, hitting him with his skateboard. Rittenhouse shot him in the chest, then rose to a sitting position and shot 26-year-old paramedic Gaige Grosskreutz — who was holding a handgun but didn't appear to point it at Rittenhouse — in the arm. Rittenhouse got up, made sure the protesters weren't following him, and walked past the police with his hands up."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/witnesses-police-reporters-piece-together-071000881.html

In reading that, my thought is a distant gunshot (or maybe fireworks) spooked him prior to him shooting Rosenbaum. He even made a call, so the idea of imminent threat seems ludicrous. We know Rosenbaum wasn't armed, so why did Rittenhouse feel threatened enough to kill someone? Seems to me if the people "chasing him" were armed, they would have shot him? If that was their goal?

The people chasing him were chasing a murderer. He was a scared kid who should have been home...

Just trying to understand how "self-defense" plays into the sequence of events BEFORE anyone gets shot. What are you basing that on?

Last edited:
I'm not sure this video and the accompanying statements from both a WAPO reporter as well as a Daily Caller reporter who was interviewing him at the time back up the claim of self defense...

And if he was being attacked by someone armed, then why after he shoots and kills the 2nd man (Huber) does he calmly shoulder his weapon and walk towards police? Wouldn't he still be in danger if he was being threatened by some mysterious gunman in the shadows?

He kills Rosenbaum (who was unarmed) and then is chased by others including Grosskreutz, who you describe as having "drawn" his weapon. So when he killed Rosenbaum, who exactly was threatening him?

What element of "self-defense" applies here? Because no one tried to claim that the guy who killed the other guy in Portland was exercising self-defense, even though the man he killed was also armed? But yet a guy who shoots and kills 2 unarmed men is claiming "self-defense"?

"It isn't clear what happened right before Rittenhouse shot Rosenbaum dead in a parking lot. Police charging documents say Rosenbaum appeared to be unarmed but threw a plastic bag toward Rittenhouse. A Daily Caller reporter who was interviewing Rittenhouse told police he thought Rosenbaum was reaching for Rittenhouse's AR-15. A gunshot can be heard somewhere in the vicinity before Rittenhouse opens fire.

Rittenhouse then called someone and said, "I just killed somebody." It was clear "he knew he messed up," a protester named Jeremiah told the Journal Sentinel. "He panicked. Even his people knew what he did was wrong. They were all shouting at him, 'What are you doing?'"

At that point, several people started chasing Rittenhouse. He tripped and fell before shooting and missing a protester who jumped over him. Huber tried to grab his gun, hitting him with his skateboard. Rittenhouse shot him in the chest, then rose to a sitting position and shot 26-year-old paramedic Gaige Grosskreutz — who was holding a handgun but didn't appear to point it at Rittenhouse — in the arm. Rittenhouse got up, made sure the protesters weren't following him, and walked past the police with his hands up."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/witnesses-police-reporters-piece-together-071000881.html

In reading that, my thought is a distant gunshot (or maybe fireworks) spooked him prior to him shooting Rosenbaum. He even made a call, so the idea of imminent threat seems ludicrous. We know Rosenbaum wasn't armed, so why did Rittenhouse feel threatened enough to kill someone? Seems to me if the people "chasing him" were armed, they would have shot him? If that was their goal?

The people chasing him were chasing a murderer. He was a scared kid who should have been home...

Just trying to understand how "self-defense" plays into the sequence of events BEFORE anyone gets shot. What are you basing that on?
I don't know enough facts pertaining to the events leading up to where first person he's accused of shooting is shot. The deceased was filmed daring those guys to shoot. I can only consider Kyle's story of self-defense in that circumstance.

There's video footage of Kyle falling and the second person is shot after hitting or attempting to hit him with a skateboard and grabbing Kyle's gun. The last person shot by Kyle was carrying a handgun and in that circumstance, could have easily been perceived as a threat.

I think criminal charges may be appropriate. I dont think murder one is appropriate.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
I don't know enough facts pertaining to the events leading up to where first person he's accused of shooting is shot. The deceased was filmed daring those guys to shoot. I can only consider Kyle's story of self-defense in that circumstance.

There's video footage of Kyle falling and the second person is shot after hitting or attempting to hit him with a skateboard and grabbing Kyle's gun. The last person shot by Kyle was carrying a handgun and in that circumstance, could have easily been perceived as a threat.

I think criminal charges may be appropriate. I dont think murder one is appropriate.

Im still not clear on what led up to the first killing. That seems important here.

Reactions: HillzHoozier
The deceased was filmed daring those guys to shoot. I can only consider Kyle's story of self-defense in that circumstance.
Do you think that daring someone to shoot justifies a self-defense defense?

BTW, based on what little I know of Oregon's murder laws, Murder 1 might be appropriate . . . but it's not the crime that carries with it the death penalty. For the death penalty in Oregon, the charge would have to be aggravated murder. see: https://www.opb.org/news/article/oregon-death-penalty-aggravated-murder/

I think he is basing it on "because Trump said so".

Hey Hickory-

Don't you know we're leftists? In my case, I supported both Clinton and Biden over Sanders and any actual leftists, so I'm wondering where the term "leftist" fits for people who support candidates generally acknowledged as "centrist"...

I probably would have supported "Medicare for all" as a youngster, if I voted based on what benefits me personally. I never really have- I'm on Social Security and Medicare so I no longer need to have it universally applied.

Some of Trump's economic policies might benefit me personally, but I'm more inclined to base my vote/support on who embodies what I believe is best for the country and right vs wrong than on what benefits me personally. I guess I lean left, but I'm mainly embarrassed by Trump and what electing him says as the US as a nation.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Do you think that daring someone to shoot justifies a self-defense defense?
No. IIRC, Kyle said the first victim attacked and tried to take his gun. He was previously recorded shouting, "shoot me, n-word!" at the people on the car lot with the guns. It doesn't justify his death, but speaks to his motives/status on the scene as someone who likely was looking for a fight.

*Also, this shooting happened in Wisconsin.

What, you don't have a party? You're not a Republican?
[/QUOT

I am a Democrat, have been a Republican as well, just not a fool with blinders on who is incapable of seeing more than one side of every issue...

No. IIRC, Kyle said the first victim attacked and tried to take his gun. He was previously recorded shouting, "shoot me, n-word!" at the people on the car lot with the guns. It doesn't justify his death, but speaks to his motives/status on the scene as someone who likely was looking for a fight.

*Also, this shooting happened in Wisconsin.

I disagree, if anyone pushes the envelope by screaming "shoot me n-word" to a group of people with guns, protecting a business, in that climate, they should infact be eliminated post haste. I bet the rest of the crowed will quickly go back to their Biden Welfare quietly and be good little Dem's grateful for their monthly subsidies, that I pay.

What you say might make sense, except for the fact that any people chasing/ or even brandishing a gun at this point, are chasing someone who just killed an unarmed man. The kid overreacted and killed a guy who was "taunting" him. How does that begin to equate to self defense?

If the shooting of Rosenbaum was a criminal act, then the subsequent actions he undertakes don't appear to be self defense.There is no doubt the kid had been bullied and it's likely that caused him to overeact. I don't think he should be imprisoned for life, but based on the various charges it appears to me he's guilty of some very serious charges...
He had no reason being on the street, much less carrying an AR-15...

https://conandaily.com/2020/09/01/k...g9jEAT-lYDoxefspqeESHGSjTuf-XLs3sSzynzYZiMsxg

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...osha-protest-shooting-17-year-old/3444231001/

The polling is not showing that to be the case.

"According to the FiveThirtyEight polling average, Biden led Trump by 8 points on Aug. 16, the day before the conventions began. That dipped slightly to 7.4 percent as of Sept. 2 with the first wave of high-quality surveys after the convention.

If that held, it would match the scale of President Barack Obama's landslide victory in the 2008 election popular vote.

Trump also faces challenges in battleground states.

Fox News surveys found Biden leading Trump by 8 points in Wisconsin, by 9 points in Arizona and by 4 points in North Carolina. One bright spot for Trump was that he narrowed his deficit with Biden to 4 points in a Pennsylvania poll by Monmouth University, which tightened to 1 point in a low-turnout model."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-strategy-faces-signs-trouble-122400355.html

"One major theme of the Republican convention was to pitch Trump as a caring man in private, despite his brash and combative public persona, with family members and close advisers telling stories of his sensitivity and concern behind the scenes.

But it didn't close the gap.

Biden led Trump by 11 points in the new CNN poll when respondents were asked to pick the candidate who "cares about people like you" — a margin unchanged from CNN's poll just before the conventions.

The YouGov poll found 39 percent of Americans saying Trump cares "a lot" or "some" about people like them — nearly unchanged from the 40 percent who said that in the same poll before either convention.

Biden led Trump by 17 points in a CNN poll on the question of who is more "honest and trustworthy." By contrast, a CNN poll four years ago showed Trump leading Clinton by 15 points on that question.

Trump benefited in 2016 from the baggage that Clinton carried as a polarizing public figure for three decades, which was fueled by an FBI investigation involving a private email server she used as secretary of state. Biden has been in public life for even longer but without attracting the same antagonism.

Trump has struggled to find a scandal that similarly damages perceptions of Biden's character."

Not only is Trump still losing by a bigger margin than Obama's 2008 landslide, but Senate polls are showing a lot of problems for GOP Senators. Fox just showed McSally down nearly 19% to Mark Kelly- how does Trump back that kind of trend?

"Senate Republicans facing tough reelection fights this November aren’t echoing President Donald Trump’s dark warnings about crime-infested cities and violent mobs wreaking havoc across the country. In fact, they’re barely mentioning that topic ― or Trump ― at all.

In key races that may decide who controls the upper chamber next year, GOP incumbents in Maine, Colorado, Arizona, Iowa, and North Carolina are instead playing up key coronavirus relief measures Congress passed into law earlier this year. In light-hearted, positive television ads, these Republicans also are emphasizing mask-wearing and social distancing to stem the pandemic, as well as popular issues like preserving the environment, lowering prescription drug costs, and insurance protections for those with pre-existing medical conditions.

The messaging effectively portrays an alternate world where Trump and his incendiary Twitter account barely exists, the administration’s response to the pandemic has been largely successful, and the more than 185,000 deaths in the U.S. due to COVID-19 don’t get mentioned."

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-2020-senate-185844382.html

Reactions: Morrison
I disagree, if anyone pushes the envelope by screaming "shoot me n-word" to a group of people with guns, protecting a business, in that climate, they should infact be eliminated post haste. I bet the rest of the crowed will quickly go back to their Biden Welfare quietly and be good little Dem's grateful for their monthly subsidies, that I pay.

You should take some time and reflect on what you posted here. This is pretty awful. I hope you are not this person.

You should take some time and reflect on what you posted here. This is pretty awful. I hope you are not this person.

This is pretty interesting- how two longtime Kenosha neighbors see the situation. I thought it was pretty interesting that the Trump supporter asks why so many white people support BLM. She also doesn't seem to understand what systemic racism actually means...

"The Morgans and the Hanneses fly their political colors — one for President Trump, the other for Joe Biden — on adjoining front yards that have remained a neighborly, if intense, battlefield in the nation's culture wars.

At the Morgan home on Third Avenue in Kenosha's historic Harbor Side district, a Trump flag waved in the breeze Friday next to a “Women for Trump” sign and a carved wooden bear wearing a homemade plastic “Make America Great Again” hat. Mary Morgan keeps close watch on things, as people have stolen her signs and shouted epithets toward her.

On the other side of the yard, where former flower child-turned painter and grandmother Susan Hannes lives, the breeze stirred “Biden 2020” flags near a sign that said “Black lives matter, women’s rights are human rights, no human is illegal, science is real, love is love, no matter your faith or ability kindness is everything.”

After protests and violence erupted in Kenosha, the competing messages on the front lawns have forced the longtime neighbors — who avoided talking politics for years — to confront political and ideological divisions roiling this crucial swing state and the country. At one point recently they, too, inevitably, clashed."

https://news.yahoo.com/two-kenosha-neighbors-two-views-003724136.html

This is pretty interesting- how two longtime Kenosha neighbors see the situation. I thought it was pretty interesting that the Trump supporter asks why so many white people support BLM. She also doesn't seem to understand what systemic racism actually means...

"The Morgans and the Hanneses fly their political colors — one for President Trump, the other for Joe Biden — on adjoining front yards that have remained a neighborly, if intense, battlefield in the nation's culture wars.

At the Morgan home on Third Avenue in Kenosha's historic Harbor Side district, a Trump flag waved in the breeze Friday next to a “Women for Trump” sign and a carved wooden bear wearing a homemade plastic “Make America Great Again” hat. Mary Morgan keeps close watch on things, as people have stolen her signs and shouted epithets toward her.

On the other side of the yard, where former flower child-turned painter and grandmother Susan Hannes lives, the breeze stirred “Biden 2020” flags near a sign that said “Black lives matter, women’s rights are human rights, no human is illegal, science is real, love is love, no matter your faith or ability kindness is everything.”

After protests and violence erupted in Kenosha, the competing messages on the front lawns have forced the longtime neighbors — who avoided talking politics for years — to confront political and ideological divisions roiling this crucial swing state and the country. At one point recently they, too, inevitably, clashed."

https://news.yahoo.com/two-kenosha-neighbors-two-views-003724136.html

"After protests and violence erupted in Kenosha, the competing messages on the front lawns have forced the longtime neighbors — who avoided talking politics for years — to confront political and ideological divisions roiling this crucial swing state and the country. At one point recently they, too, inevitably, clashed."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

perhaps people not talking politics among themselves enough, and deferring to letting others with who knows what agenda talk it for them, is the big problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT