ADVERTISEMENT

The key games on peacock

Good! worth my money then. Might as well get used to it. Cable companies are well aware that live sporting events are the only thing left to bargain for.

It won't just be the IU games, there will be a lot of marquee games for other teams as well.

And then there's all the NBC stuff on top of that...The Office, Olympics, some of the golf tournaments...Peacock is actually one of the ones I think might approach being well worth the money.

My only issue with Peacock is that once you're in the app, you can't bounce around between different games. By the time you exit the app and get hulu going to see one of the other half dozen games I want to check in on, the timeout is over on the Peacock game I'm watching. If Hulu or YTTV figure out a way to bundle peacock like they do ESPN+, I'd switch because of that.

Reactions: asindc
My only issue with Peacock is that once you're in the app, you can't bounce around between different games. By the time you exit the app and get hulu going to see one of the other half dozen games I want to check in on, the timeout is over on the Peacock game I'm watching. If Hulu or YTTV figure out a way to bundle peacock like they do ESPN+, I'd switch because of that.
agree. can't pause it or start at the beginning of the game if the game is still on. You either watch it live like old school OR you have to wait until the game is completely over before the recorded version is available. And if you watch the recorded version you'll have to watch the commercials as you can't fast forward. You are basically paying extra for a less friendly product. PRO TIP: I cancelled Peacock last month as i think i was paying $7.99/mth and wasn't watching it anymore after the Olympics. When I went to cancel, the system offered me 6 month deal for $1.99/mth so I took it. Should get me thru the bball season. On principal I hate paying for it but I guess that's the way things are headed.

agree. can't pause it or start at the beginning of the game if the game is still on. You either watch it live like old school OR you have to wait until the game is completely over before the recorded version is available. And if you watch the recorded version you'll have to watch the commercials as you can't fast forward. You are basically paying extra for a less friendly product. PRO TIP: I cancelled Peacock last month as i think i was paying $7.99/mth and wasn't watching it anymore after the Olympics. When I went to cancel, the system offered me 6 month deal for $1.99/mth so I took it. Should get me thru the bball season. On principal I hate paying for it but I guess that's the way things are headed.
I did the Black Friday deal for $1.99/month or whatever it was last year. I may try the cancel thing and see what happens. I do that every year with SiriusXM and have had the introductory rate for 4 years. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT