ADVERTISEMENT

Conference predictions out.

So nobody but IU is buying a roster. What about Arkansas? UK? UNC? Duke? They not paying anyone? This is really the first year they have. Kansas and Illinois actually spent more from reports. Are they bad coaches?
Lifelong was trying to bring in excuses for Woody. No excuses when you choose to build your roster this way. Just win baby.

And those fanbases you mentioned will never give their coach a pass because he has a few new players each year. We have fallen so much it's just sad. No other top 25 program in the country would've even answered the phone had Woody called asking to interview for the job when we hired him.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Woody can't recruit and therefore has to have the billionaire donors buy him a roster each Spring. Constant roster turnover is not a valid excuse.
So first it was "he can't coach" and now it's "he can't recruit"....lol...you have a basketball iq of -6 and it's obvious. It's hard to watch someone be so stupid...please stop

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
So first it was "he can't coach" and now it's "he can't recruit"....lol...you have a basketball iq of -6 and it's obvious. It's hard to watch someone be so stupid...please stop
He can't do either clearly. What he can do is befriend 2 very influential donors who are willing to buy him a roster of hired mercenaries each year.

He can't do either clearly. What he can do is befriend 2 very influential donors who are willing to buy him a roster of hired mercenaries each year.
Please work on new material. Your take is old and boorish. I don't recall anyone on here giving Woody a grade of better than a C, and continue to whine as long as you have. Is DBM an acronym for dumb?

Ha. And he wanted to play right away, but Matt says you gotta earn it and the kid ran away lol sure.
Sleepers has a segment on this. Are the Boilers here panicking yet over their NC recruiting bump? Lose Catchings (who it sounds like is looking good at BYU), get a 2 star and a 3 star and then lose a kid to NW? As I said, Painter's painted himself into a corner with NIL and it's going to be very hard to reverse course and start hitting donors up. Big year for Matty P, but not sure anyone would have foreseen recruiting being this bumpy in WL.

• Haha
Reactions: HumbleHoosier
Sleepers has a segment on this. Are the Boilers here panicking yet over their NC recruiting bump? Lose Catchings (who it sounds like is looking good at BYU), get a 2 star and a 3 star and then lose a kid to NW? As I said, Painter's painted himself into a corner with NIL and it's going to be very hard to reverse course and start hitting donors up. Big year for Matty P, but not sure anyone would have foreseen recruiting being this bumpy in WL.
Yep. More like NC recruiting slump. Zing.

Their future ceiling is coming down. Their fans seem mostly oblivious or they just rationalize/ignore it. It will take time, we won’t see much impact this year, but a coach can only do so much with the level of player they’re getting.

• Haha
Lifelong was trying to bring in excuses for Woody. No excuses when you choose to build your roster this way. Just win baby.

And those fanbases you mentioned will never give their coach a pass because he has a few new players each year. We have fallen so much it's just sad. No other top 25 program in the country would've even answered the phone had Woody called asking to interview for the job when we hired him.
🥱

Yep. More like NC recruiting slump. Zing.

Their future ceiling is coming down. Their fans seem mostly oblivious or they just rationalize/ignore it. It will take time, we won’t see much impact this year, but a coach can only do so much with the level of player they’re getting.
In all fairness sometimes it takes 2 cycles to see results in recruiting butttttt….he has been negative on nil and such. That will hurt him.

• Haha
In the NIL era, it's difficult to predict how (or if) a team will jell with all the departures/new players. Moreover, with four new teams in the conference, it further imbalances the schedules.

Anyhow, on paper, I think IU has the strongest roster in the B18--maybe Top 10 in the nation. That said, PU has more program cohesion and a solid coach. Will the Boilers miss Edey? Of course. But it wouldn't surprise me if they finished at or near the top of the B18.

MW has no excuses now. If IU finishes outside the Top 3 in the conference and/or fails to make the second weekend of the NCAAT (at least), it should be considered a program L.
Indiana will be on the bubble again..

Describe "bubble". I might be interested in a wager for charity thing here. Nothing to extravagant. Say $200.00?
Bubble is 10 seed or lower. Daffy Duck could be coaching this team and there ain't no way they'd be on the bubble. 6 seed at worst in my opinion and that would be very disappointing.

Hard to see a bubble scenario. I get being a skeptic, but we obviously cranked up the NIL and recruiting. This team is pretty experienced too.

Bubble is 10 seed or lower. Daffy Duck could be coaching this team and there ain't no way they'd be on the bubble. 6 seed at worst in my opinion and that would be very disappointing.
That's fair. I was thinking a "last four in" would be in the bubble. Seems like with power 4 teams, you'd end up in the first four, playing for a 12 seed. I believe that's what IU did in '22. But I'd be willing to wager IU is better than a 10 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT