ADVERTISEMENT

Olympics Thread

It looked like he was trying to kick earlier and the other runner bumped him which set him back then he turned on the jets. Here's some different views and the Cathedral watch party.

He wasn't really bumped, as much as Ingebresten blocked him briefly as he reached the last apex of the turn. Ingebresten ran the curve like a race car takes turns rather than holding a constant line within the lane. Nothing really wrong with that, and you can tell Hocker was ready for it. (The commentator even mentions that it's how Ingebresten runs turns.) If anything, it may have actually helped Hocker as he was then able to pass the Brit on the inside just before the line. Had Hocker got by Ingebresten on the curve, he would have taken the lead early and the Brit may have been able to catch him.

It's why the 1500 is the coolest race to watch - especially when you have 3 guys sprinting to the end. Any one of those three could have won that race. It played out perfectly for Hocker, as he did catch the Brit by surprise, and Nuguse ran out of track. What made that race even greater, however, is that they did all of this at world record pace. The top three vaulted themselves into the #7, #8, and #9 fastest performers of all time (and Ingebresten was already #4). That is unheard of in an Olympic 1500, as it is always a tactical race rather than balls to the walls for the entirety. Look at it this way - the top 4 yesterday ran the four fastest 1500s in the history of the Olympics.

Has to go down as the best Olympic track race in history.

Leigh Diffey on the call. 😄

Someone needs to cut that call into Newgarden's pass at Indy this year...might fit perfectly.

If you start the Indy 500 clip right when they come out of T2 (right AFTER the "5 back, 6 back") at the same time as DDE's clip, it almost synch's up perfectly. Other than Newgarden going "outside" vs Hocker's "inside".

Funny.

Leigh Diffey on the call. 😄

Someone needs to cut that call into Newgarden's pass at Indy this year...might fit perfectly.

He climbed his way to the top calling Supercross races so I've had the pleasure of listening to him for years. Very knowledgable, and makes Supercross that much more fun to watch.

He wasn't really bumped, as much as Ingebresten blocked him briefly as he reached the last apex of the turn. Ingebresten ran the curve like a race car takes turns rather than holding a constant line within the lane. Nothing really wrong with that, and you can tell Hocker was ready for it. (The commentator even mentions that it's how Ingebresten runs turns.) If anything, it may have actually helped Hocker as he was then able to pass the Brit on the inside just before the line. Had Hocker got by Ingebresten on the curve, he would have taken the lead early and the Brit may have been able to catch him.

It's why the 1500 is the coolest race to watch - especially when you have 3 guys sprinting to the end. Any one of those three could have won that race. It played out perfectly for Hocker, as he did catch the Brit by surprise, and Nuguse ran out of track. What made that race even greater, however, is that they did all of this at world record pace. The top three vaulted themselves into the #7, #8, and #9 fastest performers of all time (and Ingebresten was already #4). That is unheard of in an Olympic 1500, as it is always a tactical race rather than balls to the walls for the entirety. Look at it this way - the top 4 yesterday ran the four fastest 1500s in the history of the Olympics.

Has to go down as the best Olympic track race in history.
The finish of the men's 400 wasn't too shabby.

It is strangely interesting every 4 years to pay attention to minor or sometimes even silly sports in the Olympics,
Like field hockey, handball, badminton, table tennis, horse prancing, and soccer.
I would add archery to that list, I can't believe how amazing the archers, men and women, are. They have to get rid of break dancing. Dear lord. Water polo is fun, and some of the track and field sports that you never see like javelin and steeple chase.

I've really enjoyed the Olympics. Gabby Thomas is amazing. Harvard degrees in both neurobiology and global health and a masters degree from U of Texas in public health. All while training for the Olympics,

And look at that body! A true role model.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I would add archery to that list, I can't believe how amazing the archers, men and women, are. They have to get rid of break dancing. Dear lord. Water polo is fun, and some of the track and field sports that you never see like javelin and steeple chase.

I've really enjoyed the Olympics. Gabby Thomas is amazing. Harvard degrees in both neurobiology and global health and a masters degree from U of Texas in public health. All while training for the Olympics,

And look at that body! A true role model.
Mike Tirico said today that this is probably the only shot at medaling in break dancing because it’s not going to be in the LA games in 2028. It’s an exhibition or art form, not a sport.

Mike Tirico said today that this is probably the only shot at medaling in break dancing because it’s not going to be in the LA games in 2028. It’s an exhibition or art form, not a sport.
Thank God.

Because he had COVID and still won bronze?

Got it!!

No because he was out dancing around and trying to hype people up and then literally asked for a wheelchair after the 200 and played dead after he got smoked.

Instead of giving credit to where it was due, he proceeded to have a shitty press conference and told everyone he was the reason they tuned it, so it was his success story.

The Botswana gold medalist was so humble and refreshing and called out Lyles for being an egomaniac.

How about we praise performance rather than looks? This one is an extraordinary accomplishment

I like performance AND looks. That was a great accomplishment for her.

Is anyone else thinking of going In 28? If LA offers a bus service so I don't have to drive everywhere I think we will. Knowing my luck, the only tickets I would get will be for rhythmic gymnastics.

I guess we could cheat, go to OKC for canoeing and softball. Those Olympic venues probably will be much easier to get and get to.

Is anyone else thinking of going In 28? If LA offers a bus service so I don't have to drive everywhere I think we will. Knowing my luck, the only tickets I would get will be for rhythmic gymnastics.

I guess we could cheat, go to OKC for canoeing and softball. Those Olympic venues probably will be much easier to get and get to.
I would love to go to LA.

I was in South Korea for part of 1988 Olympics. Saw a soccer game in Pusan and a day of boxing in Seoul.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT