ADVERTISEMENT

Olympics Thread

Multiview has US v serbia hoops, slalom kayaking, gymnastics and the bummer of the 4, women's soccer replacing judo.

I love Tom Crean
Ew Pass GIF

Strange decision by Kerr to keep both Haliburton and Tatum on the bench the entire game, especially in a game that wasn’t close in the 4th. Injuries maybe?

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Strange decision by Kerr to keep both Haliburton and Tatum on the bench the entire game, especially in a game that wasn’t close in the 4th. Injuries maybe?
If they want to run it like a team and win gold, instead of a collection of all stars then the rotation should probably be 8 to 9 players getting most of the minutes.

Running players in and out, playing short stints and not letting them get into a rhythm will cost you games.

Signed,
Mike Woodson

Cosigned,
Tom Crean

If they want to run it like a team and win gold, instead of a collection of all stars then the rotation should probably be 8 to 9 players getting most of the minutes.

Running players in and out, playing short stints and not letting them get into a rhythm will cost you games.

Signed,
Mike Woodson

Cosigned,
Tom Crean

Hm. Is it a “team” now? Right now? No. It’s just just a bunch of players thrown together.
But I guess Kerr is trying to do exactly what you say here.
He’s inviting unecessary criticism here, not playing both Hali and Tatum. Especially Tatum. I get that he has an idea he’s working with, but it’s a dumb idea to stick it out through cleanup time. He’s making some weird point, and we can only guess what it is, when all he had to do was put in Hali and Tatum at the start of the 4th Q when the game was over, and let them get some minutes. Instead, he comes across as some kind of doctrinaire tactician who is playing with his food. It seems short sighted to me.

Hm. Is it a “team” now? Right now? No. It’s just just a bunch of players thrown together.
But I guess Kerr is trying to do exactly what you say here.
He’s inviting unecessary criticism here, not playing both Hali and Tatum. Especially Tatum. I get that he has an idea he’s working with, but it’s a dumb idea to stick it out through cleanup time. He’s making some weird point, and we can only guess what it is, when all he had to do was put in Hali and Tatum at the start of the 4th Q when the game was over, and let them get some minutes. Instead, he comes across as some kind of doctrinaire tactician who is playing with his food. It seems short sighted to me.
They really need to build a team instead of a group of all stars.

Everyone is mad at rotations because they want their guys in there. Not saying you are just sayin. Not a Tatum fan reminds me of Paul George in too many ways. So, I'm good with that ..

They really need to build a team instead of a group of all stars.

Everyone is mad at rotations because they want their guys in there. Not saying you are just sayin. Not a Tatum fan reminds me of Paul George in too many ways. So, I'm good with that ..

I’m not a Tatum fan either, but he got asked to join this team, and he is very good. Hali too. It seems very silly to me that he’s not getting any minutes at all. Why did they ask him to come out if he doesn’t play? If I’m him, or Hali, I’m wondering wtf.

I’m not a Tatum fan either, but he got asked to join this team, and he is very good. Hali too. It seems very silly to me that he’s not getting any minutes at all. Why did they ask him to come out if he doesn’t play? If I’m him, or Hali, I’m wondering wtf.
I don't disagree with you or with TMP. It's just frustrating to see all this. Hopefully, Hali stays healthy, learns from the experience and maybe picks up some fire about playing D. If the Pacers could buckle down on D, they'd at that next level. They need a dude that decides to get after it on that end and Hali would be the guy to bring everyone along.

Watched 20 minutes of the uswnt after they popped up on instagram. Out on the town. Modeling their outfits. Just having fun. The 20 minutes I watched they were fast and athletic pounding Germany on counters. I hope they win it all. First time I’ve hoped that in a long time.

I don't disagree with you or with TMP. It's just frustrating to see all this. Hopefully, Hali stays healthy, learns from the experience and maybe picks up some fire about playing D. If the Pacers could buckle down on D, they'd at that next level. They need a dude that decides to get after it on that end and Hali would be the guy to bring everyone along.

Too many all stars. Pick 8 fill the bench with 4 younger players. Every player on the team with the exception of one is a 1 or 2 option normally and trying to play eleven 1 or 2 options in a game is foolish. Players need run to get rhythm. No coach in any league except the gimmicky coaches do that. The younger players gain international experience and get to practice against the best and maybe even play a little.

Too many all stars. Pick 8 fill the bench with 4 younger players. Every player on the team with the exception of one is a 1 or 2 option normally and trying to play eleven 1 or 2 options in a game is foolish. Players need run to get rhythm. No coach in any league except the gimmicky coaches do that. The younger players gain international experience and get to practice against the best and maybe even play a little.
💯
I was hoping that's what Haliburton would be, the bridge to '28 with some younger guys. Wasn't expecting him to start, but some minutes would be good. Even in the run up, he was riding the pine.

How many of these guys are at the end and won't see the next one? Kerr is doing a disservice to his successor and the organization. I don’t think Grant Hill understands that, or maybe he doesn't care as long as they win big under his watch?

Reactions: T.M.P.
Street skateboarding was amazing.

I got some tips on pulling off a nollie on the hubba.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT