ADVERTISEMENT

The Fred Glass “retirement”

Wow, you are enraged Ordy. Please don't hurt anyone, it is just a basketball game.

Not “Ordy” nor am I enraged, but I am curious as to why you would’ve willingly frequented and presumably supported a racist internet site, as you’ve acknowledged you did. Even more disturbing is that engaged in an activity that you admit was purposed to harass Mike Davis. That’s really offensive and disgusting behavior on your part, though hardly surprising.

Not “Ordy” nor am I enraged, but I am curious as to why you would’ve willingly frequented and presumably supported a racist internet site, as you’ve acknowledged you did. Even more disturbing is that engaged in an activity that you admit was purposed to harass Mike Davis. That’s really offensive and disgusting behavior on your part, though hardly surprising.

You fool no one.

You fool no one.

I’m not trying to fool anyone.

But I’m also not desperately stalking another poster. And I didn’t admit to frequenting and apparently supporting what you termed a racist internet site in an effort to harass an IU coach. And I’m not suffering from feelings of inferiority or massive insecurity. All of these apply to you. And, like the rent you charge, it’s all free. Please stop ruining threads and chasing me around.

I’m not trying to fool anyone.

But I’m also not desperately stalking another poster. And I didn’t admit to frequenting and apparently supporting what you termed a racist internet site in an effort to harass an IU coach. And I’m not suffering from feelings of inferiority or massive insecurity. All of these apply to you. And, like the rent you charge, it’s all free. Please stop ruining threads and chasing me around.

Classic Projection

Classic Projection

Classic stalking. Classic desperation. Classic inferiority. Classic insecurity. And, by your own admission, you’re apparently a classic racist.

please stop stalking. You’ve ruined yet another thread with your garbage. Just stop.

Classic stalking. Classic desperation. Classic inferiority. Classic insecurity. And, by your own admission, you’re apparently a classic racist.

please stop stalking. You’ve ruined yet another thread with your garbage. Just stop.

Classic Projection

All while fighting McRobbie taking athletics funds. Fred gets bashed by narrow minded gimps. The guy did a pretty good job.

This is such a dumb, narrow view. There are plenty of examples of athletics/tv money being used to support the academic side of things, including Purdue, Texas A&M, Clemson, and a long list of others that you can find if you do your homework. Athletics departments exist to serve the university, not the other way around. Athletics at IU sucked money away from the university for about 185 years until it could finally stand on its own.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
This is such a dumb, narrow view. There are plenty of examples of athletics/tv money being used to support the academic side of things, including Purdue, Texas A&M, Clemson, and a long list of others that you can find if you do your homework. Athletics departments exist to serve the university, not the other way around. Athletics at IU sucked money away from the university for about 185 years until it could finally stand on its own.
The Athletic Department has contributed to the University financially for years, but it’s not really accurate to say the “Athletics at IU sucked money away from the university for about 185 years until it could finally stand on its own.” There have certainly been lean years from both a top and bottom line standpoint throughout IU’s history of athletics, but your broad statement isn’t accurate, either.

The Athletic Department has contributed to the University financially for years, but it’s not really accurate to say the “Athletics at IU sucked money away from the university for about 185 years until it could finally stand on its own.” There have certainly been lean years from both a top and bottom line standpoint throughout IU’s history of athletics, but your broad statement isn’t accurate, either.

it is 100% accurate. The first true profitable, revenue black, financially independent and not taking university resources years were in the mid to late 2000s. It’s a statement of fact.

the folks on here crying foul about McRobbie and the exchange of resources have next to zero knowledge about the history of college athletics finances at IU or anywhere else. It is not at all unique to IU and is common practice among athletic departments that are financially profitable on their own.

Last edited:
it is 100% accurate. The first true profitable, revenue black, financially independent and not taking university resources years were in the mid to late 2000s. It’s a statement of fact.

the folks on here crying foul about McRobbie and the exchange of resources have next to zero knowledge about the history of college athletics finances at IU or anywhere else. It is not at all unique to IU and is common practice among athletic departments that are financially profitable on their own.
It’s absolutely not a statement of fact, but I’m sure my experience in this goes back a bit farther than does yours. No worries.

Except he has been using a higher percentage of funds. He took 25 million plus in 2015 alone. If you look at other universities it’s 5-8 million a year. One of those is Ohio state. I’m not arguing it doesn’t happen but McRobbie would take every bit of it if he could.

Except he has been using a higher percentage of funds. He took 25 million plus in 2015 alone. If you look at other universities it’s 5-8 million a year. One of those is Ohio state. I’m not arguing it doesn’t happen but McRobbie would take every bit of it if he could.

No, this is a complete mischaracterization. The 2015 money you’re referring to was for the new Global Studies building. That was a commitment over multiple years and is not indicative of an annual transfer of funds. If you average multiple years of funds transfers over multiple years, you get a fairly modest number.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy

You are correct here. Profitability and rev sharing is a relatively new concept. Sometimes the facts are better understood by experience on campus as opposed to doing a quick google search hoping to sound informed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT