ADVERTISEMENT

The Energy Crisis

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
We have a world wide energy crisis. There is not enough of it. This crisis is a human-caused looming disaster. That is the point of the linked article. I know, it’s written by a tradional energy advocate. He is also a full on climate change advocate, albeit, he denies the climate is in crisis. But the energy supply is in crisis.

Some take aways.

• There is no statistically meaningful change in severe weather events to support drastic climate action
  • Energy shortages are causing inflation and is about to cause food shortages.
  • Energy development faces enormous regulatory obstacles throughout the world limiting financing, development and production.
  • Cement, steel, food, and petrochemicals are all heavily fossil fuel dependent and are vital for the modern world.
  • Transition should be achieved with efficiencies, carbon capture, and nuclear.
Long but read the whole thing.

We have a world wide energy crisis. There is not enough of it. This crisis is a human-caused looming disaster. That is the point of the linked article. I know, it’s written by a tradional energy advocate. He is also a full on climate change advocate, albeit, he denies the climate is in crisis. But the energy supply is in crisis.

Some take aways.

• There is no statistically meaningful change in severe weather events to support drastic climate action
  • Energy shortages are causing inflation and is about to cause food shortages.
  • Energy development faces enormous regulatory obstacles throughout the world limiting financing, development and production.
  • Cement, steel, food, and petrochemicals are all heavily fossil fuel dependent and are vital for the modern world.
  • Transition should be achieved with efficiencies, carbon capture, and nuclear.
Long but read the whole thing.

When reality smacks ideology in the face. Hopefully, politicians change their stances on nuclear, natural gas, and etc. I think there will be more pain before they get it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT