ADVERTISEMENT

The Douchebag fantasy golf thread.

Yeah, i should have read the scoring rules.

Picking the best shitty golfers is the magic.
Not necessarily. Your squad looks OK. Multiple schools of thought on how to pick your team. You don't have anyone drafted by more than 12% of all players, so all you need is a couple of strong performances and you'll be fine. Your only guy on the course right now is the leader and he's a 6% draft.

Dumping Koepka to meet the salary cap was a mistake
Playing Koepka would have been a pretty contrarian move. He’s been awful lately. With that said playing top players in bad form is one of my favorite strategies when trying to gain leverage over the field in contests that allow multiple lineups. The great players can pop at anytime. I’m playing in a high stakes contest with 900 entries and Koepka is only owned by like 6.5% of the field. I have 8 lineups and placed him in 50% of my lineups. I mixed him with higher owned players like Rahm, Thomas, Cantlay and Xander. It’s an easy and best way to differentiate yourself in a field especially when you don’t want to fade either of the top owned players.

So I don’t think you should beat yourself up for not taking Koepka in a single lineup field. I think the right play is to take some chalk and mix in someone who isn’t expected to be owned highly. Our league is a bit different because I can never predict who will be owned highly.
Hope your enjoying this so far?

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I was there in 99 and 02. Quiet for the most part until each shot and explosion after. From what I understand now all manners are out the window and it's pretty noisy especially as the consumption goes on throughout the day. Seats I think 20,000 so tough to keep everyone in check.
I was there on Wednesday for the pro-am. Going again tomorrow for final round. 16th is the only way to go. 20,000 in corporate suites, open bar, open buffet with terrific food. Bartenders are outstanding. People watching is unreal. The golf is pretty good too.

Not paying attention to find out Webb Simpson dropped out was a very good move for me.
He was still listed this morning on the daily, single round games and I didn't see a designation on him. Maybe I wasn't paying much attention.

Hey boys, I went ahead and created the contest for the Genesis Open. Apparently I'm a bit rusty. I made a duplicate contest. Make sure you enter the contest that has my name entered. Thank you @hookyIU1990 for keeping these going when I just didn't give a shit. This is a pretty stacked tournament this week with many of the top players. Should make for lots of interesting lineups.

Still some spots open and we're only 1 away from the top 5 spot payout.

Lineups lock at 5:00am EST Thursday.

Last edited:
In, with strategery

giphy.gif

• Haha
Hope nobody is playing Fitzpatrick, he’s a WD. Had some kinda non Covid stomach bug.

Hope nobody is playing Fitzpatrick, he’s a WD. Had some kinda non Covid stomach bug.
Looks like 3 of us had him in our lineups. I got the notification at 9:31 that he wasn't playing and didn't see it until after the 9:40 lock. Whoever is getting my $5 this week, you're welcome.

I want to thank Harry Higgs for my victory last week. He shot 5 under Friday on the back nine with two eagles (one was a chip in from the sand on 17) to make the cut on the number.

Last edited:
I want to thank Harry Higgs or my victory last week. He shot 5 under Friday on the back nine with two eagles (one was a chip in from the sand on 17) to make the cut on the number.
Nieman was lights out too! I strategically liked my approach fading the top 5 salaries. I tend to do this on stacked fields as the middle salaries are such strong players.
Almost worked out, just didn’t go heavy enough with the right mid tier salaries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT