ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks

1truthteller

Benchwarmer
Jun 13, 2010
First, I want to thank the moderators for having the self esteem to let me post here. I'm a life-long UK fan and I enjoy reading, and occasionally posting, on the sites of other basketball schools. Louisville, North Carolina, and here, are the free sites I've found with the most activity.

As my user name indicates, I speak the truth as I perceive it, and that has gotten me banned by Louisville and North Carolina, so thanks moderators of the Hoosier.com IU Hoop Forum, and here is some truth.

UK doesn't pay players to come here. From the time Cal got here in 2010 and recruited the Wall/Cousins class, through the 2012 Davis/Kidd-Gilchrist class to possibly the greatest of all time, the 2015 Towns/Booker class, the best of the best have wanted to come here. Because Cal got players drafted that might not have been drafted, and got players that would have been drafted high, drafted even higher, UK was headed toward domination of college basketball.

It was at this time that the other blue bloods, and wannabe blue bloods, panicked, and with the help of the shoe companies, started paying the best players to come, and promised them easy fake classes once they were there. UK didn't participate in the payment schemes and the fake degrees, and the result was that for the last five years we haven't gotten all the best players, just a lot of them.

Once the cheaters have been identified and punished, UK will once again dominate in recruiting, and this will undoubtedly result in several more championships.

So, even though you hate to hear it, that is the truth of the history of college basketball in the last ten years, and how it will unfold the next decade. IU is not one of the cheaters, but neither does it embrace the strategy of getting players ready for the NBA, so you will have to be satisfied with feeling morally superior and looking back on your historic achievements. That wouldn't be enough for me, but each to his own.

First, I want to thank the moderators for having the self esteem to let me post here. I'm a life-long UK fan and I enjoy reading, and occasionally posting, on the sites of other basketball schools. Louisville, North Carolina, and here, are the free sites I've found with the most activity.

As my user name indicates, I speak the truth as I perceive it, and that has gotten me banned by Louisville and North Carolina, so thanks moderators of the Hoosier.com IU Hoop Forum, and here is some truth.

UK doesn't pay players to come here. From the time Cal got here in 2010 and recruited the Wall/Cousins class, through the 2012 Davis/Kidd-Gilchrist class to possibly the greatest of all time, the 2015 Towns/Booker class, the best of the best have wanted to come here. Because Cal got players drafted that might not have been drafted, and got players that would have been drafted high, drafted even higher, UK was headed toward domination of college basketball.

It was at this time that the other blue bloods, and wannabe blue bloods, panicked, and with the help of the shoe companies, started paying the best players to come, and promised them easy fake classes once they were there. UK didn't participate in the payment schemes and the fake degrees, and the result was that for the last five years we haven't gotten all the best players, just a lot of them.

Once the cheaters have been identified and punished, UK will once again dominate in recruiting, and this will undoubtedly result in several more championships.

So, even though you hate to hear it, that is the truth of the history of college basketball in the last ten years, and how it will unfold the next decade. IU is not one of the cheaters, but neither does it embrace the strategy of getting players ready for the NBA, so you will have to be satisfied with feeling morally superior and looking back on your historic achievements. That wouldn't be enough for me, but each to his own.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

UK doesn't have to directly pay players. The business owners and alumni in Lexington has done that for access and a feeling of importance in the community for decades.

I lived south of Lexington in the 80's. I witnessed 2 violations. One was Kenny Walker landing in a field next to a restaurant near my home and stepping out of a helicopter with a group of men to eat dinner.

The other was freshman Richard Madison in the Fizz nightclub being supplied drinks, food, and what looked to be hookers by a group of 50 year old men.

A co worker bragged that he was a friend of Jim Masters at UK and how a booster would leave him a roll of $20 bills in his locker after every game. They went out after the game and had a good time with that money.

The culture is still there. Cal has been at 2 programs that had major violations that he claimed ignorance about. With what I witnessed and first hand reporting of other cheating, I thought Cal was in the perfect place to continue his way of getting help without lifting a finger. Do UK players still "work" at the Lexington Ford dealer?

WGAFF

Thanks for telling truth.

Everybody cheats except for you.

Okay got it thanks.

I have often said that Cal doesn't have to cheat while at UK. The system as it currently exists helps him in getting a lot of good one year players. UK has the commitment to winning with great facilities and fan base. Now a question I have is if they get rid of the existing rule and players can go directly to the NBA would Calipari then have to cheat like he did at two previous schools?

I have often said that Cal doesn't have to cheat while at UK. The system as it currently exists helps him in getting a lot of good one year players. UK has the commitment to winning with great facilities and fan base. Now a question I have is if they get rid of the existing rule and players can go directly to the NBA would Calipari then have to cheat like he did at two previous schools?
You call Rupp a great facility? Place is a dump.

Go listen to the Peegs Podcast with Steve Green, RMK's 1st recruit at IU. He goes on the record, go to UK and there's a car in for you. Shaving points during Rupp's leadership, remember Chris Mills? Sorry pal, it's a Kentucky tradition.

Thanks for setting the record straight, here's some truth for you. Your coach chickened out of playing IU at home because he knew IU would spank your team of professionals and end the winning streak UK had going at the time.

And yes, this site does let people from other schools post, not like dumpster site UK and PU have who ban people just because the have the word Hoosier in their handle.

I agree with what you’re saying but you’re not going to find many other realistic people here.

UK cares about winning. They do what it takes to win. And they mostly do it the right way. By putting players first and putting the kids above the program. It breeds trust and recruits itself. Most coaches and programs are selfish. Calipari is not. That’s the key.

Meanwhile most IU fans sit over here on their perceived moral high horse and make excuses for our decades of mediocre results.

I agree with what you’re saying but you’re not going to find many other realistic people here.

UK cares about winning. They do what it takes to win. And they mostly do it the right way. By putting players first and putting the kids above the program. It breeds trust and recruits itself. Most coaches and programs are selfish. Calipari is not. That’s the key.

Meanwhile most IU fans sit over here on their perceived moral high horse and make excuses for our decades of mediocre results.
Of course you would agree with him. You just wasted air and people’s time with this post. Just go away already.

Right, just like Duke, I suppose?

It better be about $60MM and move it from that shitty strip mall. Ruppy would be in the bottom three gyms in the BIG.
And clearly that has very little to do with on court success. Specifically success away from your home court.

lol

UK doesn't have to directly pay players. The business owners and alumni in Lexington has done that for access and a feeling of importance in the community for decades.

I lived south of Lexington in the 80's. I witnessed 2 violations. One was Kenny Walker landing in a field next to a restaurant near my home and stepping out of a helicopter with a group of men to eat dinner.

The other was freshman Richard Madison in the Fizz nightclub being supplied drinks, food, and what looked to be hookers by a group of 50 year old men.

A co worker bragged that he was a friend of Jim Masters at UK and how a booster would leave him a roll of $20 bills in his locker after every game. They went out after the game and had a good time with that money.

The culture is still there. Cal has been at 2 programs that had major violations that he claimed ignorance about. With what I witnessed and first hand reporting of other cheating, I thought Cal was in the perfect place to continue his way of getting help without lifting a finger. Do UK players still "work" at the Lexington Ford dealer?

Correct... This has been going on for decades...

Reactions: mattn7

I never claimed UK has never cheated. I do maintain, though, they haven't cheated since Cal has been here. Back in the day, UK, like most other major programs, found ways to get money to recruits and players. Whether or not IU was one of those programs, I can't say, because I don't know. Saying a program cheats because you believe it and want it to be true doesn't make it true.

I think “Truth teller” set the hook pretty deep. I have to admit that my urge to respond to his nonsense was very strong. Well done!

Last edited:
Thanks for telling truth.

Everybody cheats except for you.

Okay got it thanks.
Not what I said. Duke, Kansas, Arizona, LSU, Auburn, and the others that have been outed recently do cheat and have been caught doing it. I believe there are several major programs, like IU, that do not cheat. I believe this because if IU cheated, your basketball program would have been more successful.

I can't say if UK might cheat in the future, just as I can't say if Cal has cheated in the past. The incidents at UMass and Memphis did occur, but Cal was not directly implicated in either.

Thanks for setting the record straight, here's some truth for you. Your coach chickened out of playing IU at home because he knew IU would spank your team of professionals and end the winning streak UK had going at the time.

And yes, this site does let people from other schools post, not like dumpster site UK and PU have who ban people just because the have the word Hoosier in their handle.
Saying something is true, and really wanting to believe something is true, doesn't make it true.

Truth: Thanks for coming over. UK does what it does. I work with a guy from Memphis who played D1 and was recruited by UK. Per his comments, they (UK) showered him with money on every trip to Lexington along with the others on the recruiting visits. To be fair Chris got money from other schools too so it wasn't just UK. The highest ranked guys got the big $$$. My friend Chris got thousands from UK as a high school recruit. This is first hand knowledge from a real person who got real money from UK. Also since we were tied at 5 each you guys have smoked us. And for us it sucks. Come back any time and good luck this season.
Go Hoosiers!

I want the facilities, real student athletes, unsoiled reputation and the results.

You are willing to settle for compromised programs...I have higher expectations than you.
Saying that you have higher expectations while achieving much less is just a way to feel superior with no justification.

Reactions: fpeaugh

Just as someone on the outside looking in, it seems to me that there is a sizable contingent of IU fans who would rather look back on past glories and criticize the current state of college basketball, rather than effectively compete for the best players. It seems to me their thinking is that it is better not to compete at all, rather than chance competing and losing.

Reactions: fpeaugh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT