ADVERTISEMENT

Thank You Fred Glass...

I gave Fred a lot of crap but he is gone and there is no point in picking at that scab. Let’s just hope Dolson does a good job.

Reactions: UncleMark
Yes.. Some

The North endzone project was underway under greenspan. Fred took things to the next three levels in multiple venues. Hell, he even redid the purple lots. Th baseball and softball complex is stunning as is the Wrestling/volleyball site, and TAH upgrades make the icon even more elite.
Oh yes, trees in the parking lot, less parking.

Oh yes, trees in the parking lot, less parking.
Only there’s MORE parking spaces as they are permanently laid out and not relying on a painted line on gravel with lot attendants trying to get drivers to park closer to the last car. I’ve not tailgated in the new lots that were converted from gravel, but I’d have to imagine it’s a much better experience. No gravel dust, a grass area to tailgate in and in a few years there will be shade.

Fred did a very good job overall and improved facilities and worked hard to bring in very good coaches. You don't hit on all of your choices at any job so criticizing him wasn't fair. Fred Glass is a good man, yes I knew him, and did his best.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Sorry, I really don’t give a damn about the hires in baseball, soccer, bowling, pickle ball, etc. Neither does anyone else, btw. I find it ironic that your boy’s best hire was from the inside instead of the result of a national search, recommendation of a 12 person committee or any of that other BS that he was always so fond of.

If you want to campaign on here to retroactively rehabilitate the SOB’s image that’s your prerogative. I won’t participate and I’m sure I’m not alone.
It’s a pretty damn short sighted image. He’s responsible for getting our facilities up to par. He did make great hires in a lot of sports just not the one you are interested in. Pretty petty and lame.

Fred gets an A in my book. As a diehard IU Football man, how can I not give him an A? I don't follow iu bball, not really concerned about what he did over there.

I don’t know I do remember some people defending the hire but I remember an awful lot condemning the hire, condemning Fred Glass and saying how we would never catch Purdue which was not a real lofty goal and seems even less now but that’s another topic for another time.
I actually don’t remember people condemning the actual hire, but a lot of people were upset there was no search. I remember seeing a lot of, “I’m more than willing to give TA a chance, but I would’ve liked to at least tried to search for who is available,” and I still agree somewhat with that statement. Could we have gotten better than TA? Probably not, but at the time we didn’t really know that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT