ADVERTISEMENT

Texas v. United States

Sorry, Brad, but the 2024 version of the Democratic Party needs to be eradicated. Their policies are that dangerous. This is the most incompetent Presidency since Carter. Thankfully, we have Reagan knocking on the door to right the ships……oh **** we don’t. It’s Trump 🤣

Also, the real economy is shit. The amount of debt we are accruing is unsustainable and the greatest threat to national security.

Last edited:
Gov. Abbott says he will defy SCt ruling and Biden administration. Constitutional crisis coming?

The Guardian? Really?

Anyway, had to love the quote from the Texas A&M law professor - “the federal government to continue its control of the border area” - about the Supreme Court ruling.

What fvcking control? Bizarro World.

Sorry, Brad, but the 2024 version of the Democratic Party needs to be eradicated. Their policies are that dangerous. This is the most incompetent Presidency since Carter. Thankfully, we have Reagan knocking on the door to right the ships……oh **** we don’t. It’s Trump 🤣

Also, the real economy is shit. The amount of debt we are accruing is unsustainable and the greatest threat to national security.

At least Carter was a nice guy. There isn’t a single thing redeeming about Biden. Worthless.

Tough to take a guy seriously when he's wearing a shirt like that.

Reactions: BradStevens
Build a giant wall but leave Texas open so we can funnel and process all immigrants there lol

Let’s not absolve Trump in all this. I get that he’s not president, but he’s pressuring the Pubs NOT to do anything about the border because he wants to use it to campaign against Biden.

Biden may be the worst president of all time but neither he nor Trump gives a good god damn about anything but power.

Let’s not absolve Trump in all this. I get that he’s not president, but he’s pressuring the Pubs NOT to do anything about the border because he wants to use it to campaign against Biden.

Biden may be the worst president of all time but neither he nor Trump gives a good god damn about anything but power.
Oh yes trump sucks for sure

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
George Wallace redux.
I don't know enough about the strain the illegal border crossings are causing Texas. It'd be nice if we could get some top-notch reporting on that. But seeing what just a few thousand bussed immigrants did to Chicago, I have to believe it's substantial.

So what is Texas to do? If there is a law about having border security on your border, and the President won't enforce it (that's the argument--not sure if that is true, either), I understand Abbott's frustration.

That said, we have a federal system and a Constitution and that needs to be followed. I know you're skeptical of the courts and judges, Marv, but I still believe--as did Lincoln--that that is the most sober and non-political venue (i.e. least affected by emotion and popular fervor) to resolve these questions.

I don't know enough about the strain the illegal border crossings are causing Texas. It'd be nice if we could get some top-notch reporting on that. But seeing what just a few thousand bussed immigrants did to Chicago, I have to believe it's substantial.

So what is Texas to do? If there is a law about having border security on your border, and the President won't enforce it (that's the argument--not sure if that is true, either), I understand Abbott's frustration.

That said, we have a federal system and a Constitution and that needs to be followed. I know you're skeptical of the courts and judges, Marv, but I still believe--as did Lincoln--that that is the most sober and non-political venue (i.e. least affected by emotion and popular fervor) to resolve these questions.

I am not skeptical of courts deciding the law. I have said from the beginning I trust the court in deciding Trump's eligibility. I have no issue with courts deciding exactly what the law is here. My wild guess, we aren't going to get case results that please the far left or far right. That is probably good.

I don't trust the courts to know more than 7th grade science. To be fair, I am not sure the House can spell science so maybe the courts would be better.

I wasn’t absolving Trump of anything. I was inferring we’re screwed because we don’t have a Reagan waiting to take over. The closest to him dropped out a week ago. I will push back some. If Republicans get a good offer and they don’t accept, that’s on them, not Trump. They’re adults and responsible for their own votes.

Last edited:
423224618_3657823904459900_5914389125859689530_n.jpg

I wasn’t absolving Trump of anything. I was inferring we’re screwed because we don’t have a Reagan waiting to take over. The closest to him dropped out a week ago. I will push back some. If Republicans get a good offer and they don’t accept, that’s on them, not Trump. They’re adults and responsible for their own votes.
Reagan started exponential federal debt with Supply Side Trickle Down- if you don’t get social security please place blame where it best goes #teamelephant lost our way

Reactions: UncleMark
Just to stir the pot a little, it looks like bad things move both ways across the border.

They're using military grade in the proper way, not the Everytown/Giffords way.
mexico's president should say he needs a wall and the us should pay for it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT