ADVERTISEMENT

Ted Valentines Big Ten contract not renewed for 2018

Several decades late, however ........
I was at the game in Minneapolis. I am CERTAIN that Ted Valentine made a concerted effort to impact that game negatively for IU. Banner 6, what might have been...

Sadly, he actually was one of the better in the league this year and has gotten better with maturity. B10 officials are the worst, and I fear this is an effort to make them even worse. Officiating in basketball and football need changes from the top down in conference and that isn't just complaining about the rules that are ruining the game. The B10, in major sports, just sucks. It hurts teams in the tourney, imo, cause officiating is so much more consistent with other refs and the rules (at least other than for certain teams like the one to the south).

Watch "Bob Knight ejected by Ted Valentine" on YouTube

The Ejection and "Fly-By" by RMK past TV Ted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82hoosier
still amazed that Ted was part of the crew that called the Wat shot game...that game was so big and intense, and Ted must have taken his meds that day, because for once he didn't make himself a big part of a big game.

I have a theory that Ted took offense to RKM's little leather whip controversy during the 92 tourney and had it out for him during the Duke game...and every game afterwards.

still amazed that Ted was part of the crew that called the Wat shot game...that game was so big and intense, and Ted must have taken his meds that day, because for once he didn't make himself a big part of a big game.

I have a theory that Ted took offense to RKM's little leather whip controversy during the 92 tourney and had it out for him during the Duke game...and every game afterwards.

Do you really consider that a "theory?" It's pretty much given fact by everyone else.

Watch "Bob Knight ejected by Ted Valentine" on YouTube

The Ejection and "Fly-By" by RMK past TV Ted.

Still one of the most disgusting acts by a Ref that I have ever seen.

I was at that game. What really infuriates me about this was... Before any of this went down, I commented to my friend that TV Teddy was squatting down with his hands on his face during every timeout (Just like at the 3:44 mark, but also squatting). He didn't huddle or chat with the other refs. He didn't talk to the players. He didn't talk to coaches. He was despondent. I said as a Ref, you can't show that attitude. As my dad would say to me when acting that way, "you're showing your ass."

Then this happened. Absolutely no excuse. He should have never refereed again.

Do you really consider that a "theory?" It's pretty much given fact by everyone else.
in today's climate...it's a touchy subject, and I'm getting older and forgetting things at times. Actually doesn't Ted's hatred for RMK/IU go all the way back to the triple OT game in Madison during the 87 season? I remember reading about that years ago.

Still one of the most disgusting acts by a Ref that I have ever seen.

I was at that game. What really infuriates me about this was... Before any of this went down, I commented to my friend that TV Teddy was squatting down with his hands on his face during every timeout (Just like at the 3:44 mark, but also squatting). He didn't huddle or chat with the other refs. He didn't talk to the players. He didn't talk to coaches. He was despondent. I said as a Ref, you can't show that attitude. As my dad would say to me when acting that way, "you're showing your ass."

Then this happened. Absolutely no excuse. He should have never refereed again.
I thought we were going to lose our coach that day as RMK st,ormed toward TV Ted on his fly-by on the way to the locker room.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT