ADVERTISEMENT

TE Decommit

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
Never looks good at first blush, but some word I had heard was that he wasn't necessarily "that good" but certainly you can't teach 6'7 height.

Everything seen from Hendershot (and someone who saw him play this year) is that he's an excellent athlete was catching everything thrown at him.

Maybe Rafdel was going to be encouraged to move to Tackle & didn't want to? Maybe he started counting the TE's on roster and worried when he'd be playing?

Definitely don't wish him any ill will and only good luck. But when guys decommit, rather it be now than on signing day or 1 year into IU. IU should have all fired up, all in commits and I see this as an opportunity to create a spot for a possible 4-star or simply another great recruit who is fired up to be in Indiana continuing to make them into a top tier team.

Never looks good at first blush, but some word I had heard was that he wasn't necessarily "that good" but certainly you can't teach 6'7 height.

Everything seen from Hendershot (and someone who saw him play this year) is that he's an excellent athlete was catching everything thrown at him.

Maybe Rafdel was going to be encouraged to move to Tackle & didn't want to? Maybe he started counting the TE's on roster and worried when he'd be playing?

Definitely don't wish him any ill will and only good luck. But when guys decommit, rather it be now than on signing day or 1 year into IU. IU should have all fired up, all in commits and I see this as an opportunity to create a spot for a possible 4-star or simply another great recruit who is fired up to be in Indiana continuing to make them into a top tier team.
Maybe it's because the TE coach who was recruiting him at IU was let go.

It was about Patton being let go

I thought he'd be a tackle in the mold of Spriggs. He may simply not have wanted to do that, not to ignore Patton's release as a big part of it.

One problem with these sites is anonymous people who say they heard negatives from unnamed sources. If one reads on w/o buying the intro folks usually reveal that they thought he might do this or didn't want to do that maybe. In other words they don't really know but feel compelled to speak.
Here is some information we can gather from Rivals who invest considerable $ to provide information that projects a prospect's relative ranking. It's an educated guess, no one really knows until they hit campus and begin to compete. Kurt is the 8th rated prospect in Indiana has offers from 12 Power 5 conference schools including a September visit to Auburn.
There was a coaching change, his position coach and primary recruiter has left.
He said IU is not out he wanted to take visits and didn't think it proper to do so while committed. I commend him.

I have seen him play and he looks like a prototype modern TE to me. I have no idea how fast he is but he appeared to get seperation with ease against high school DB's and if the ball came near him he caught it.

Good hands and good size and if NE wants him as a TE I'm thinking he has decent speed for the position too.

My impression is and was that he's being recruited specifically as a TE.

Anyone saying he's "not that good" has not seen him play(IMO). Sounds like sour grapes.

I wish the young man well wherever he decides to play.

I think he's done things exactly the right way: he notified IU that he was decommiting so he could take visits elsewhere.

That's a much better approach than a kid who strings us along up thru signing day, goes elsewhere and leaves us with a hole in the class.

Hendershot is looking around too.

The Love Eachother stuff is nice, but these kids had relationships with the people who are gone

The "heard from" was from knowledgeable Carmel parents who watched all games b/c of son, but not intended to "trash him" as I was certainly not calling for IU to drop him and again don't wish him any ill. My bigger thing is anyone not all in - rather have them determine that now than later and would think any school would want eager recruits, not reluctant ones.

I did forget the Patton coach connection and that is a "legit" reason for any recruit if their guy is no longer there. If IU still is interested and he is checking other schools but may be too, great.

But I think our TE talent/depth right now is good (and I stand by hoping Pendershot stays a commit!) and believe if he goes elsewhere, it will simply mean a spot opens up for IU to land a great recruit who is eager to play at IU!

Could there be a Judge in our future ? TE from Plant High School that is very solid.

Last edited:

He had a lot of upside....it'll be a much bigger loss if we loose Henderson when all is said and done.

Normal for coaching changes, both are just reevaluating. Debord will have his chance at recruiting them. I would think that it would be a better offense for TE's. If they are wanting them to switch positions and they don't want to then that is understandable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT