ADVERTISEMENT

Talk about canceling a culture...

What makes you think Baller is white?

I think that makes you a bigot. Or something.

(and most definitely a shitty speller)
You wanna know the best part, I literally took caps off and typed it out for the autocorrect. then looked at it. then hit post reply.

And let's face it, I really just wanted this to be true.

Capture-52.png

You wanna know the best part, I literally took caps off and typed it out for the autocorrect. then looked at it. then hit post reply.

Capture-52.png
Pizza head with tomato sauce.

Capture-52.png
Red Sox had a pitcher, think he played for the Reds as well. Really pale blonde white guy , Bronson Arroyo. He had braids for a while looked hideous.

I think its a hard policy for public schools but if I ran a pro sports team there would be rules. If you want to look foolish fine, do it someplace else. The Yankees have had strict policies forever. If you want the check? then here is how the team rules work. Some of these guys in the NBA just look like fools. I woke up and playoff game , western one and some guy had this crazyass thing going on and He looked like Carmen Miranda, There were 2 big Bright yellow parts that looked like bananas bouncing around. From just a distraction standpoint If I were paying the money they get , Elfred Payton used to have some crazy doo a few yrs ago too. Red Sox have a white guy with really long hair, I watched one game and he was messing with it between every pitch. You want to get pd millions ? Suck it up and get a haircut. I fully expect to catch hell.

Red Sox had a pitcher, think he played for the Reds as well. Really pale blonde white guy , Bronson Arroyo. He had braids for a while looked hideous.

I think its a hard policy for public schools but if I ran a pro sports team there would be rules. If you want to look foolish fine, do it someplace else. The Yankees have had strict policies forever. If you want the check? then here is how the team rules work. Some of these guys in the NBA just look like fools. I woke up and playoff game , western one and some guy had this crazyass thing going on and He looked like Carmen Miranda, There were 2 big Bright yellow parts that looked like bananas bouncing around. From just a distraction standpoint If I were paying the money they get , Elfred Payton used to have some crazy doo a few yrs ago too. Red Sox have a white guy with really long hair, I watched one game and he was messing with it between every pitch. You want to get pd millions ? Suck it up and get a haircut. I fully expect to catch hell.
Makes me respect someone like Phil jackson who could take a group of ego maniacs like the Bulls and focus them on winning. Sure he had help (Jordan) but still can you imagine dealing with Rodman on a daily basis.

Reactions: Crayfish57
You're just pissed about the mullet part.
:D
Back in the day of the real social conflict, high school boys were barred from having hair hanging over their eyebrows or their collars, because the real, impending absolutely-terrifying threat was allowing a student to look like Paul McCartney or Davy Jones.

ss-120229-davy-jones-01.jpg

It is really easy to tell who did not read any of the article.

"Boy's hair may not extend below the eyebrows, below the tops of the ears or below a conventional standup shirt collar, and must not be more than one-inch difference in the length of the hair on the side to the length of the hair on top."

Have you see white boy teen hairstyles lately? Heck kids in general. 2 of my 4 very white boys would fail that standard right now.
I fail it right now.

I don't consider myself a revolutionary, but a stupid hair rule inspires me to piss on this school's K-mart trophy case of rusty runner-up trophies from holiday tourneys in the 1980's.

After reading the article it’s clear that they have policies that would affect both black and white hairstyles. So CNN can spare me the racial angle - though they can’t help it.

But the bigger story is how on earth is a public school able to prescribe haircuts?

Yea, it basically only affects a majority of females and some black males.

The biggerer story is why? For what purpose?

Just to be dicks? That's what the new Trumpian GOP is all about.

Yea, it basically only affects a majority of females and some black males.

The biggerer story is why? For what purpose?

Just to be dicks? That's what the new Trumpian GOP is all about.
I am sure being the hilljack you are the mullet thing must pose a huge problem for you.

Hard to tell if your argument supports the racist thesis or not. We know Kim K blackfishes but do Texans?

The rest of your argument definitely supports The racist thesis. Texans undoubtedly have their panties up in a bunch seeing their white daughters idolize black hairstyles. What they really wanna do is outlaw hip-hop altogether.
Huh?

There's little doubt that cute white Protestant high school girls with Anglican names and Bo Derek similarities will get to have their braids under this rule (and their abortions under the new Texas law).

Many of us remember the Vietnam war days, when someone driving back to campus in the fall with long hair or a peace sticker or anti-war sticker on the rear window risked having a smalltown Gomer issue a bogus "speeding" ticket to generate an excuse to call auxiliary deputies to wrestle the defendant to the ground for a brutal shave and haircut to make him "presentable" for a court appearance. Hair length has been a political statement for a long time. It's is silly to deny this, if that's what you're doing.

This sort of thing is/was always worse if skin color is/was darker. But hair itself has been political for a long time.

I’m all FOR banning mullets. If they have to ban braids too to be fair and non-discriminatory, so be it. Hell, if they have to close the school to end mullets, I’m OK with it.

PS - dumb rule.
PSS - the mom’s claim that a haircut is a vital link to one’s ancestors is manufactured angst. Turns out black guys have all kinds of hair styles and they change over time. It ain’t one size fits all.
From your other posts, I doubt we are really very far apart on the issue of stupid hair rules.

The issue is never whether there is a facially-neutral/scientifically-conducted hair measurement to determine compliance with a facially-neutral scientifically-precise rule as to hair length.

The whole point is whether there is a needed, useful rule about hair length that will be neutrally enforced, even in Kentucky or Indiana or any other backwards state.

All kidding aside, what non-political reason could there possibly be for a government agency or school to claim it has the right to regulate the hairlength of a person who is in the government building for a few minutes at most?

In Kentucky terms, the length of Secretariat's mane did not detract from his kicking butt at Belmont.

I am sure being the hilljack you are the mullet thing must pose a huge problem for you.
How does a hair-length rule of whatsoever any kind help a school teach better?

The question shouldn't be whether a rich tax-supported government entity with almost unlimited power has the raw power to bully a family of average means by imposing a useless hair-length rule and make it sound like those with different hair length or style are undesirables or even criminals. Schools have no reason to create such rules.

Such rules, of course, aren't usually applied to a cute, nubile adolescent girl with bangs over her eyebrows and hair hanging down her back over her bare shoulder blades.

School systems have been pathetic at enforcing hair length rules fairly.

How does a hair-length rule of whatsoever any kind help a school teach better?

The question shouldn't be whether a rich tax-supported government entity with almost unlimited power has the raw power to bully a family of average means by imposing a useless hair-length rule and make it sound like those with different hair length or style are undesirables or even criminals. Schools have no reason to create such rules.

Such rules, of course, aren't usually applied to a cute, nubile adolescent girl with bangs over her eyebrows and hair hanging down her back over her bare shoulder blades.

School systems have been pathetic at enforcing hair length rules fairly.
You are so lost in yourself and taking everything way too serious. I swear some of you people really need to look in to some suppositories or cut out eating cheese. TMP posts on here like a total prick all the time . My post was satire . My god some of you are so caught up in believing the crap you post on here makes one GD bit of difference in the world. Seriously some of you need to consider some mental help and that isn't satire.

The middle school is just down the street from my workplace, so when school lets out and I'm on the road I see a lot of the kids walking home to the several apartment complexes close by. There's this one kid, appears to be white, who has the most bodacious combout/Fro I have ever seen. Puts Kaepernick to shame. He flaunts it too. I get a kick out of it every time I see him. If I was a teacher I'd have to put him in the back or no one behind him would be able to see the blackboard (or whatever it's called nowadays).

The middle school is just down the street from my workplace, so when school lets out and I'm on the road I see a lot of the kids walking home to the several apartment complexes close by. There's this one kid, appears to be white, who has the most bodacious combout/Fro I have ever seen. Puts Kaepernick to shame. He flaunts it too. I get a kick out of it every time I see him. If I was a teacher I'd have to put him in the back or no one behind him would be able to see the blackboard (or whatever it's called nowadays).
Chalkboard is more politically correct. In old days it was a slateboard.

What?

It’s clearly a no mullet policy too.
Well, I'm all for that.

What about fros? If they ban braids and rows, the fros are going to be huge.

Still, this is stupid shit. Great way to alienate the kids even further. For what? Optics .. backwoods cred?

Well, I'm all for that.

Still, this is stupid shit. Great way to alienate the kids even further. For what? Optics .. backwoods cred?
Probably some illusion of discipline. Not sure why everything jumps to redneck bashing with you.

Well, I'm all for that.

DUMB

Probably some illusion of discipline. Not sure why everything jumps to redneck bashing with you.
Because we don't have an all encompassing word like "woke" to use and a majority of the most radical are exactly that. Would you prefer bumpkin, rube, peasant, provincial, oaf or yokel? Ah, how about deplorables?

Reactions: UncleMark
Because we don't have an all encompassing word like "woke" to use and a majority of the most radical are exactly that. Would you prefer bumpkin, rube, peasant, provincial, oaf or yokel? Ah, how about deplorables?
We can just call you an a**hole and cover it all . WTF is your problem anyway? You actually post a few intelligent posts about basketball but 90% of what you post is just total ignorant BS. What word should we use for you? Maybe we should take a poll. For starters tell us what job you do that gives your your issues? My picture is a guy in a hazmat suit with a rag working for a crappy town cleaning sewer pipes out with old rags.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
I love ironic mullets. Hate the ones that the guy actually thinks looks good.

But that article exhibits why CNN sucks. Take a non racial issue and make it Racist!
Well, the article is about sexism, not racism. The ACLU rep even mentioned how these banned hairstyles were only for boys. Seems you were the one who made it a race issue by mischaracterising CNN by saying they were making it about race. Ultimately, the article is just pointing out how absurd these hairstyle rules are.

Well, the article is about sexism, not racism. The ACLU rep even mentioned how these banned hairstyles were only for boys. Seems you were the one who made it a race issue by mischaracterising CNN by saying they were making it about race. Ultimately, the article is just pointing out how absurd these hairstyle rules are.
Ummmm ok. Except no. Are you serious?

"I feel really sick to my stomach," she said. "I feel like (the district's hair policy) needs to change, I feel like it's horrible and I feel like it's only toward African American children or people."
Only 6.1% of the students in the district are Black, according to the Texas Education Agency. “

Hair discrimination in schools stretches across the country​

Last month, the US House of Representatives passed the CROWN Act, which stands for "Creating a Respectful and Open World for Natural Hair" and seeks to protect against bias based on hair texture and protective styles, including locks, cornrows, twists, braids, Bantu knots, and Afros.”

You must’ve read a different article.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT