ADVERTISEMENT

Take Edey & Clingan away

Yes they will be a top 3 team in the BIg
You don't even know who the other teams will have Nostradumbass ... but you can without any hesitation predict the order of finish before the other 17 teams have filled their rosters..... I call bullshit.

Last edited:
You don't even know who the other teams will have Nostradumbass ... but you can without any hesitation predict the order of finish before the other 17 teams have filled even their rosters..... I call bullshit.
Based off Paintet as the coach and returning a lot of veterans I would say it’s a safe wager. Asshole

Based off Paintet as the coach and returning a lot of veterans I would say it’s a safe wager. Asshole
You have no clue who they'll return either ...

Hilarious. Have you checked Painters horoscope?

Purdue gets beat by 30 plus points if yiu take the bigs away. Hugely exposed tonight. See what pork chop wins next season
I hear you. 100%.

It will be interesting to see how Smith and Loyer improve. I don't see how they keep Heidi (sp?) off the court next year. He appears to be very athletic and well-coached. This may put Painter (who doesn't appear to care much for the portal...in competition with the kind of kids we need here in Bloomington.

Anyway...tip of the cap to each of the coaches on a couple of really impressive teams.

I love UConn's defensive and offensive schemes...some of the offence reminded me a bit of Knights motion. Not often did I observe 2's and 3's standing around waiting for a ball reversal. Impressive.

It won't be the offensive end that's the worry ,... neither backcourt player can guard. I suppose he'll hide them somehow, but adjusting a defense for two bad perimeter defenders won't be easy.
CT got the shots they wanted all night because PU's guards couldn't control them.

Can't believe Painter didn't have any alternative to Loyer. I'll be surprised if he starts nex year, provided he doesn't transfer to Ball State.

It won't be the offensive end that's the worry ,... neither backcourt player can guard. I suppose he'll hide them somehow, but adjusting a defense for two bad perimeter defenders won't be easy.
Indeed. Neither is a legit defender. I just don’t see how Loyer fits. Painter may have no choice but man.

I think he’s got another of those seven thousand foot guys coming in next year. I could be wrong.

Painter coaching just got exposed. What adjustments did he make during the game? 8 total assists etc.
Not his coaching, his recruiting philosophy of high floor low ceiling players got exposed by better talent at the key positions .. Getting smart players, without much upward potential that are physical liabilities, makes for good teams in November.

Also, post play doesn't win championships..

The last 7/8 champions (30 sec era) have been led by 2 to 3 perimeter threats, with one being the primary scorer and post play from a 5 being secondary. UConn fit that dynamic to a T.

Purdue (and IU currently) play obsolete basketball .. defense + multiple triple threat guards and wings, not post play, wins championships. Only Houston could match UConn this year.

Last edited:
Take Alford away and IU gets beat by 20 by UNLV in the National Semi Final

Take Alford away and IU gets beat by 20 by UNLV in the National Semi Final
Correct, but not the point that was made. The poiint was...remove both big men and what happens with the balance of the matchups. Just a datapoint but one that is telling.

I'd say yes...But a super amount was Edey..
Furst got thrown in and was immediately torched..
And I wanted him as a Hoosier..
Still think Purdue loses 6 -9 games next yr.
Guess they could get hit the portal for a really good big center..

So we will be a Top 3 or 4 seed again. 6 losses and we are a 1 seed.

The horrors.

For the record I think 9 losses would be about right. Could be 11. Will depend on how tough are non con is.

We will take a step back next year but would still have a shot at a 2nd weekend in March.l depending on the draw.

2 years from now and I think we will be preseason Top 10 and competing for another FF.

Are you really this dense? So minus Edey you see next years pukes being good?

#6 - ESPN :: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...-way-too-early-top-25-rankings-2024-25-season
#2 - Yahoo :: https://sports.yahoo.com/2024-25-me...e-and-uconn-start-out-in-front-051242534.html
#12 - The Athletic :: https://theathletic.com/5396158/2024/04/08/college-basketball-season-duke-gonzaga-rankings/
#9 - USA Today :: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...etball-too-early-top-25-rankings/73246905007/
#9 - Fox Sports :: https://www.foxsports.com/stories/c...s-way-too-early-top-25-for-the-2024-25-season

Seems your assessment is in the minority ...

For the record I don't think Purdue is a Top 10 team next year. But the national media coverage seems to think so.

I'll take us as a Top 3 B1G finish, a 4 seed in March, and S16 appearance. Maybe that "sucks" to you. But that's a good reloading year in my mind after losing NPOY.

This is my concern as well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT