ADVERTISEMENT

Systemic racism in the media

• Thread starter anon_6hv78pr714xta
  • Start date
It's worse than that, though.

Cute little missing/murdered blonde girls undeniably get more news coverage than cute little missing/murdered black girls.

Your political-bias-taints-news-coverage theory doesn't explain this one.
That’s because it gets more clicks and we have become desensitized to black crime. We shouldn’t be desensitized. We shouldn’t excuse it. We should work to fix it while also demanding accountability. Your party doesn’t like the latter. Isn’t good for votes

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
Media is destroying us.
I agree, and I keep saying we need to drastically tone down the immunity of Section 230 to create some accountability for crazy bullshit internet postings by idiots and profiteering, intentional liars.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to bring back the old "equal time" rules of the FCC to reduce the crazy bullshit ranting on talk shows. I know this wouldn't be a total solution because it would only affect output on actual AM/FM broadcasts (not internet/streaming podcasts) but surely this would help create accountability.

"Free speech" means only that the government can't bar you in advance from saying/ broadcasting stupid or false shit (with only a few exceptions). It never has never and shouldn't mean now there won't be consequences for your mouth (libel, slander, invasion of privacy, incitement, fighting words etc.) for you once you take advantage of your right to be stupid.

Local news. Can you read? Think? Infer? Comprehend?
Sure, I comprehend just fine (once you actually say it).

What you actually said was, "Doesn’t fit the liberal tv narrative."

Until I called you out, you hadn't limited your post in any way whatsoever. You hadn't said anything about limiting your post to "local news."

So, knock it off.

Sure, I comprehend just fine (once you actually say it).

What you actually said was, "Doesn’t fit the liberal tv narrative."

Until I called you out, you hadn't limited your post in any way whatsoever. You hadn't said anything about limiting your post to "local news."

So, knock it off.
Read the original post in the thread and the link. If you can’t follow along don’t post. We have enough clutter

That’s because it gets more clicks and we have become desensitized to black crime. We shouldn’t be desensitized. We shouldn’t excuse it. We should work to fix it while also demanding accountability. Your party doesn’t like the latter. Isn’t good for votes
Your party (1) actually lives in places like Idaho and sends people to Washington on Jan. 6 and/or (2) romanticizes that we all still live in the 1950's and that anyone that disagrees is a Red. That's all the Republicans have -- nothing else.

This was never a fair picture of America:
5759650a9e1ac_378161b.jpg

But your Republican friends think this caricature is what "America" means. That's on you Republicans not on the rest of us.

But I agree we should not be desensitized to crime victims that are black. Now, start working immediately on your Republican friends to join reality.

Read the original post in the thread and the link. If you can’t follow along don’t post. We have enough clutter
Then please avoid clutter by being expressive when you post.

Your post was ambiguous. Don't tell me to rely on someone else's "original post" to understand what you failed to say.

That's ridiculous.

Your party (1) actually lives in places like Idaho and sends people to Washington on Jan. 6 and/or (2) romanticizes that we all still live in the 1950's and that anyone that disagrees is a Red. That's all the Republicans have -- nothing else.

This was never a fair picture of America:
5759650a9e1ac_378161b.jpg

But your Republican friends think this caricature is what "America" means. That's on you Republicans not on the rest of us.

But I agree we should not be desensitized to crime victims that are black. Now, start working immediately on your Republican friends to join reality.
Please stop posting. You bring nothing of substance. Just caricatures. Now you are cluttering another thread with your bs. Stop posting. It was an interesting discussion and you bring your far left buzzword bs. Go away.

Please stop posting. You bring nothing of substance. Just caricatures. Now you are cluttering another thread with your bs. Stop posting. It was an interesting discussion and you bring your far left buzzword bs. Go away.
Thank you for proving the truth of what I said.

Republicans have nothing else but incessantly blaring, "I'm not a Democrat so everybody else but Republicans should just shut up."

For your purposes, you should focus instead on persuading voters that DeSantis is just another, "sane", "regular" Republican (but not a mini-me Trump). I think you're correct that Desantis will run, but you are wrong about claiming that Desantis differs from Trump in anything that matters.

Good luck with all that.

Thank you for proving the truth of what I said.

Republicans have nothing else but incessantly blaring, "I'm not a Democrat so everybody else but Republicans should just shut up."

For your purposes, you should focus instead on persuading voters that DeSantis is just another, "sane", "regular" Republican (but not a mini-me Trump). I think you're correct that Desantis will run, but you are wrong about claiming that Desantis differs from Trump in anything that matters.

Good luck with all that.
So what are you stuffed with ?

Exactly. It has mostly to do with poverty than it does anything else. 66 just likes the narrative that Dems are to blame for all the bad in the world. He has DDS - Democrat Derangement Syndrome.

there’s a huge gap in the violent crime rate between urban and rural areas. Let's not try and pretend they are equivalent.

In 2021, however, the violent-crime rate in urban areas was 121 percent higher, more than doubling the rate in rural areas (24.5 victimizations in urban areas, versus 11.1 in rural areas, per 1,000 persons)

wKdwIW9.png

Reactions: IUCrazy2
there’s a huge gap in the violent crime rate between urban and rural areas. Let's not try and pretend they are equivalent.

In 2021, however, the violent-crime rate in urban areas was 121 percent higher, more than doubling the rate in rural areas (24.5 victimizations in urban areas, versus 11.1 in rural areas, per 1,000 persons)

wKdwIW9.png
As I said and Marvin echoed up above, it isn't just a poverty issue. Poverty, urbanization, and yes cultural issues come into play.

This is where the issue also lies in dealing with the problem. One side doesn't want to acknowledge the poverty component and even moreso than that, the other side is terrified to bring up the other two components because it glaringly points a finger at their most important and loyal voting constituency as having a problem that cannot be solved by throwing money at it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT