ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse

ericrossiu

Junior
Dec 1, 2009
Huge game, a mountain IU has to climb tomorrow night.
I truly despise Syracuse and it’s Coach.
Syracuse will be well prepared for IU tomorrow night and the Boeheims will be gunning for a personal rematch.
IU has to win this game

Syracuse will be well prepared for IU tomorrow night and the Boeheims will be gunning for a personal rematch.
IU has to win this game
I share your disdain for this program and daddy Boeheim.

IU has to win this game
Attempting to beat a 3-3 team with losses by 21 to Auburn and 15 at home to Colgate is a “mountain”? More proof this isn’t your father’s iu program. For those still on the fence, it’s quite clear that Knight was a blue blood coach at an otherwise very average basketball school.

Syracuse is terrible! They recently lost 100-85 to Colgate. Colgate broke a 54-game losing streak to Syracuse with that victory.
Vegas opened with Syracuse as a 1 point favorite over IU. Early money has moved it to IU by 1.5. I would probably bet IU, but given what 'Cuse has done so far, the bookmakers haven't been all that impressed with IU either apparently. First roadie is often tricky.

Attempting to beat a 3-3 team with losses by 21 to Auburn and 15 at home to Colgate is a “mountain”? More proof this isn’t your father’s iu program. For those still on the fence, it’s quite clear that Knight was a blue blood coach at an otherwise very average basketball school.
very average, lol. IU won 2 national championships before Knight and made the championship game after Knight left. Pair those with Knight's 5 FFs and 3 Titles, and you have a blueblood. Very Average is the broilees of purdoo, no championships in school history and no FFs in over 40 years!

I didn't think we could afford any slip ups in the non conference part of the schedule (because of how weak it is overall) before the season, but didn't think a potential loss to Syracuse would be considered a "bad loss" until seeing them so far this year. I think the game will be closer than we'd like, or think it should be, but we get the win and go to 7-0 before opening the Big 10 season against Nebraska on Saturday.

Reactions: TomEric4756
very average, lol. IU won 2 national championships before Knight and made the championship game after Knight left. Pair those with Knight's 5 FFs and 3 Titles, and you have a blueblood. Very Average is the broilees of purdoo, no championships in school history and no FFs in over 40 years!
NCAA championships in those days were the equivalent of winning the NIT. Look at wins and losses minus the Knight era. VERY average.

Weird. And another coach at this otherwise overage basketball school won two titles, and a third went to the final game. Purdue has never done the former and only once in 82 years of the NCAA tournament has Purdue done the latter. Now, explain to us again who the average program is? Also, as many here ask of all of you Boiler trolls, strangely in the midst of the most unprecedented season in your history, you're still over here obsessing over what we're doing and saying. With every troll visit and post, all of you clowns continue to confirm your Little Brother Syndrome.

Mostly concerned about shooting away from Assembly Hall for the first time and the amount of touch fouls called. How will the team handle an opposing crowd and the inevitable run that the home team will go on?

Syracuse is terrible! They recently lost 100-85 to Colgate. Colgate broke a 54-game losing streak to Syracuse with that victory.
Reasons to not be over confident:
Our schedule has been very soft so far. We’ve barely been challenged.
This is our first road game, in a tough place to play, against a team really needing a big win. Our young guys will need to grow up in a hurry.
We’re playing a team that traditionally plays a tough zone, something we haven't faced yet.
IMO the offense is still a work in progress. And the D has to play much better against ball screens.
Turnovers have been a real problem and need fixing pronto.

Not saying that if we are playing our best against them playing their best, we don’t win. But we better play a lot better than we did the other day.

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984
That seems so last century

• Haha
Reactions: jimmygoiu
NCAA championships in those days were the equivalent of winning the NIT. Look at wins and losses minus the Knight era. VERY average.
Yep, just as average as Purdue without Keady

IU record minus Knight years (Final 4 era 1939-present):
W-869
L-572
Winning %: 60.30

Purdue record minus Keady years:
W-931
L-598
Winning %: 60.88

Diffrence between our "VERY average" program and Purdue's "VERY average" program when you take away their winningest coaches? National Championships. And hell, one of our worst coaches could do something that Purdue's 2nd best coach can't; take a team to the National Championship game, in the days where making it to the Final 4 means a little more than the equivalent of winning the NIT

Last edited:
Syracuse always seems to start out slow, turns it around, and next thing you know they are in Sweet 16. They are at home, it’s our first road game, and Syracuse is in desperate need of a big win - and though IU is not ranked, we are 6-0 and beating us sounds better than beating lesser named teams currently ranked. Cuse down not recruit marginal talent, and they do play a zone that causes fits for many. This game should scare everyone (excluding the trolls).

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
You would care about wins and losses only. I would expect nothing less from a fanbase with no March success. Purdue actually is an average team historically.

Syracuse always seems to start out slow, turns it around, and next thing you know they are in Sweet 16. They are at home, it’s our first road game, and Syracuse is in desperate need of a big win - and though IU is not ranked, we are 6-0 and beating us sounds better than beating lesser named teams currently ranked. Cuse down not recruit marginal talent, and they do play a zone that causes fits for many. This game should scare everyone (excluding the trolls).
That 2-3 gets them past a lower seeded team and then a good team on a quick turn without any prep time. That's why they generally make the second week of the tournament.

lol Heeeer we go. Appears that the PUkes are getting a bit nervous about what is happening in Btown. Trotting out the old NIT mantra... "IU only has three real banners" is printed on their diplomas. You have a very good team at the moment and yet you post here trying to build your self esteem by knocking what IU did in the 1940s. That is as bitterly obsessed as it gets. I don't post on GBI...GTFOOH dweeb.

Say hi to Ordy for us...he is in full sobbing meltdown mode over there these days.

Reactions: SoccerSammy
Weird. And another coach at this otherwise overage basketball school won two titles, and a third went to the final game. Purdue has never done the former and only once in 82 years of the NCAA tournament has Purdue done the latter. Now, explain to us again who the average program is? Also, as many here ask of all of you Boiler trolls, strangely in the midst of the most unprecedented season in your history, you're still over here obsessing over what we're doing and saying. With every troll visit and post, all of you clowns continue to confirm your Little Brother Syndrome.
Ouch...that is gonna leave a mark.

I don’t understand the premise of the argument. Why are we excluding Knight from IU? Coach K built Duke into a blue blood by himself.

Poor Boiler. Should be your greatest season ever yet your are here to round down IU. Boiler mentality.

Colgate hung 100 points on Syracuse at Syracuse less than two weeks ago.
Colgate also hit 18 3-pointers against that zone. And, they were 85% from the line. IU won’t do either. Both teams had over 40 points at half. IU will struggle to get over 30 at the midpoint. We better keep the defensive intensity for 40 mins or they will run IU out of the gym.

Colgate also hit 18 3-pointers against that zone. And, they were 85% from the line. IU won’t do either. Both teams had over 40 points at half. IU will struggle to get over 30 at the midpoint. We better keep the defensive intensity for 40 mins or they will run IU out of the gym.
if you try to pump the brakes on some of these people then you're a troll, the defense against Marshall was shit and that really concerns me. I like what I'm seeing so far and really like Woodson's leadership but I want to see this team in a tough environment and how they perform.

Indiana has won only once vs Syracuse in basketball. Granted, a very important one.
But against a team that Indiana is 1-5 against all-time, I'd say it is anything but a given.

Last edited:
Which has nothing to do with when IU comes to town and espn in the house. Indiana will be very lucky if it comes away with a win. Two weeks ago has nothing to do with what happens tomorrow night.
It has a lot to do with it - same arena and players/team that gave up 100 pts. to a Patriot League opponent at home. Grant there's a nationally televised grudge-match aspect, but luck won't have much to do with an IU win - they play better than the Orange or they don't.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Vegas opened with Syracuse as a 1 point favorite over IU. Early money has moved it to IU by 1.5. I would probably bet IU, but given what 'Cuse has done so far, the bookmakers haven't been all that impressed with IU either apparently. First roadie is often tricky.
Good to see you here, thanks.

will be interesting to see how much of a home court advantage this affords the team in orange. Hoosier fans travel well. I suspect this will be more like playing a NY team at MSG.

Reactions: Paterfamilias
if you try to pump the brakes on some of these people then you're a troll, the defense against Marshall was shit and that really concerns me. I like what I'm seeing so far and really like Woodson's leadership but I want to see this team in a tough environment and how they perform.

You forgot to add "how they perform on a easily noticeable CONSISTENT basis"
Even Miller pulled some tricks winning games against good teams at times.
And Crean.....Crean was the. master at that game.
Beating just enough good teams to keep false hope alive.
Iu is known for being inconsistent around the modern era basketball world.
Counting on IU to do anything at this point would be very foolish

Very Average is the broilees of purdoo, no championships in school history and no FFs in over 40 years!
That's all about to change, unfortunately for everyone but Purdue fans. This is their year. The stars are in proper alignment, as they were for the IU football team in '67, the year we finally made it to the Rose Bowl.

Indiana has won only once vs Syracuse in basketball. Granted, a very important one.
But against a team that Indiana is 1-5 against all-time, I'd say it is anything but a given.
Not sure who will win, but history has exactly zero to do with this game.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Good to see you here, thanks.

will be interesting to see how much of a home court advantage this affords the team in orange. Hoosier fans travel well. I suspect this will be more like playing a NY team at MSG.
It's hard to believe, but I'm pretty sure that Syracuse hasn't lost as a Dog in the Carrier Dome to a non-conference opponent since #1 UNC in 1984. They aren't playing well this year, but the role of home dog might well inspire a different type of effort than Colgate saw from them.

It may not still be this way, but I always heard that the Carrier Dome was an awful place to play because of ridiculous humidity levels in that place. When you couple the conditions with the 22k fanatics in the stands, it's really tough on teams that don't experience it annually.

I think this IU team might be pretty good and on paper I think they beat Syracuse tonight. That said, if this game gets wonky and IU loses, I doubt that I'll be too disheartened given the venue and likely supercharged opponent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT