ADVERTISEMENT

Swept by

Penn State, Nebraska and Northwestern in the same year. Who would have forecast that? Sad.
I’d hope we have hit rock bottom. If we don’t win all our remaining game and the B1G tourney, Dolson better fire his ass or he should be gone himself

Reactions: IUgradman
This all started with Davis taking the team to the national championship game. IU was stuck with him and it went from second place to Davis skipping game(s) for whatever reason. Then IU flubbed every hire since then.
Has any other school gone through what IU has the past 20+ years?

This all started with Davis taking the team to the national championship game. IU was stuck with him and it went from second place to Davis skipping game(s) for whatever reason. Then IU flubbed every hire since then.
Should have stayed with Cream.

• Sad
Reactions: whosyourholydaddy
If we stayed with Sampson, we’d have 3 more National Championships by now. Maybe another 6 FFs. But, hey, at least we have the moral high ground.
Nah. If we hadn’t stabbed him in the back over a few 3/way calls and texts, someone/somewhere would’ve found some other reason to fire him.

Reactions: bIhawk
Somebody other than Dolson needs to be making the next coaching hire.

Or maybe ONLY Dolson should make the next hire if rumors of others influencing the last hire are true.
We don't know yet but if I was a betting man, Dolson got the football hire right.
No reason he couldn't do the same with Bball.

If IU had stayed with Sampson after he got the show cause, you would have been looking at a 5 year tv ban and 6 year post season ban.
It seems like you’re forgetting something. IU was dumb enough to self report. Where did we put that moral high ground banner? Seems like something should be hanging for courageous, honorable and selfless actions. Oh, wait, no one gives a shit. Jesus Christ, UNC had a goddamn fake class for athletes. Guess how many people still give a shit about that.

It seems like you’re forgetting something. IU was dumb enough to self report. Where did we put that moral high ground banner? Seems like something should be hanging for courageous, honorable and selfless actions. Oh, wait, no one gives a shit. Jesus Christ, UNC had a goddamn fake class for athletes. Guess how many people still give a shit about that.
IU hired a known cheater that got fired form his last job over it and was on the NCAA's radar. IU self reported because the NCAA had already been tipped off. You cannot possibly be dumb enough to think IU could have hidden Sampson's blatant cheating once the NCAA came investigating can you????????????????

I believe Mike Davis missed only one game and the reasons for that are understandable. His five year record was pretty much the same as Knights last five years. Look it up.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
I believe Mike Davis missed only one game and the reasons for that are understandable. His five year record was pretty much the same as Knights last five years. Look it up.
That’s right. Good to keep the record straight on MD, who is a good guy.

I guess some here are too young to remember how that all actually went down.

The players rallied around Davis in what was an insane circumstance.

Name me one other college who had such an unamicable split w its legend?

Again.....Texas Tech gear was sold on Stop 11 and 135 out of sheer spite. It was never about "Indiana" for Knight. I know that's blasphemy to some. But it's truth. So long as Indiana bowed down to him, he was OK with it. Once the 1 way loyalty was breached, he went scorched Earth.

All of our problems now can be laid at the feet of Bob Knight and how IU dealt with him, good and bad. We created a monster then unleashed it on ourselves.

Sound familiar?

I looked it up. I’m not arguing any of that. Frankly, I think it started the year IU lost to Cleveland State. RMK’s last six years including five +10 loss seasons while all Davis’s seasons were +10 loss seasons. I guess one could say that Knight was no better than Mike Davis.

IU hired a known cheater that got fired form his last job over it and was on the NCAA's radar. IU self reported because the NCAA had already been tipped off. You cannot possibly be dumb enough to think IU could have hidden Sampson's blatant cheating once the NCAA came investigating can you????????????????
ucla, uk, kan. unc.

I looked it up. I’m not arguing any of that. Frankly, I think it started the year IU lost to Cleveland State. RMK’s last six years including five +10 loss seasons while all Davis’s seasons were +10 loss seasons. I guess one could say that Knight was no better than Mike Davis.
it started with the hiring of myles brand

Somebody other than Dolson needs to be making the next coaching hire.
Are we sure he made the first hire? I get the picture that he had “help”. Anyway, he will be a major driver for the hire, and I hope he doesn’t go it alone. But he needs to listen to people actually in the know about how good these coaches really are before making a decision.

Are we sure he made the first hire? I get the picture that he had “help”. Anyway, he will be a major driver for the hire, and I hope he doesn’t go it alone. But he needs to listen to people actually in the know about how good these coaches really are before making a decision.
I know it’s way early but his Cig hire was much more logical. Proven system all moved over to IU: staff, recruiting connections, some xfers to jump start things. Gives me some hope for Dull Son.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT