ADVERTISEMENT

Sure, why not?

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
I'm getting really sick of politicians.

If Gaetz is telling the truth heads at the Civil Rights Division of DOJ need to roll, but if he is lying he only made things much worse for himself

I’ll even give a person like Gaetz the innocent until proven guilty presumption. But this is very weird. Sounds like he leaked that he was being investigated. Claims the DOJ is essentially planting evidence to blackmail him and demanding $25M. That’s some wild shit.

I’ll even give a person like Gaetz the innocent until proven guilty presumption. But this is very weird. Sounds like he leaked that he was being investigated. Claims the DOJ is essentially planting evidence to blackmail him and demanding $25M. That’s some wild shit.
The convoluted cloak and dagger makes my head hurt. It sounds like even Tucker couldn't make sense of it.

I'm gonna enjoy watching this one unfold.

Gaetz is exactly the kind of 38 year-old to be tangled up in a story involving the phrase "of legal age". He was still living with his parents in 2018.

If I'm reading things correctly this was started under the Barr DOJ? Maybe everbody hates this guy.

I'm getting really sick of politicians.

Traditional republicans will be thrilled to see this turd go.

"I have a suspicion that someone is trying to recategorize my generosity to ex-girlfriends as something more untoward."

The idiot wants to get his ex- girlfriends involved. Clueless.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I watched the interview with Carlson...Tucker said it was "one of the weirdest interviews I've ever conducted".
Not good when your damage control effort fails to persuade even the sympathetic partisan host

I watched the interview with Carlson...Tucker said it was "one of the weirdest interviews I've ever conducted".
Not good when your damage control effort fails to persuade even the sympathetic partisan host
Well he tried to drag Carlson's allegations into the mix. If I were Carlson I would have been like "dude don't pull me into this".

Reactions: Spartans9312
tenor.gif

Obviously after all of the qanon conspiracy allegations there is more of a 'hypocrite busted' reaction.

It just once again goes to show that moral majority politics is a very tough game to play especially at the party level.

Feels like we spend more time and energy framing guys into a moral light which is why if you're a new politician, being aware that every single sentence fragment can be used against you in a clip and every appeal to a moral basis will likely blow up in your face.

What's next....MTG having an affair with a priest?

Now if they could just get Cruz in a package deal they'd be golden.
I was going to suggest that they add Nunes for the perfect trifecta. Then I realized if you limit it to those 3 you're letting lying slime-like Gym Jordan, and the man who could easily be the stupidest, most hypocritical moron in Congress (Louie Gohmert) off the hook...

Obviously after all of the qanon conspiracy allegations there is more of a 'hypocrite busted' reaction.

It just once again goes to show that moral majority politics is a very tough game to play especially at the party level.

Feels like we spend more time and energy framing guys into a moral light which is why if you're a new politician, being aware that every single sentence fragment can be used against you in a clip and every appeal to a moral basis will likely blow up in your face.

What's next....MTG having an affair with a priest?
Speaking of MTG, turns out that She (and the aforementioned Gym Jordan) were the only GOP colleagues that leaped to Gaetz's defense. Jordan's tepid defense "I believe Matt Gaetz" was fairly muted compared to MTG's denouncement of the investigation as a "witch hunt" and inspired by (get this) "conspiracy theories and lies like Trump/Russia collusion"...

MTG is being unintentionally ironic there, since she is an adherent of QAnon and they thrive on "Conspiracy theories". Turns out they are currently convinced that the ship that was stuck in the Suez was full of children being sex trafficked, and of course, it was the "Obama-Clinton" nexus that was to blame. The reasoning- HRC's Secret Service code name "EVERGREEN" and the recently freed ship (Ever Given) is owned by Evergreen Maritime Management out of Taiwan.

Of course beyond the lunacy of the Qtips trying to make that connection is the fact that Evergreen Management was established in 1968, and I'm pretty sure HRC was still a Rodham studying at Wellesley College. But you know the Qtip motto- never let FACTS derail a potentially useful conspiracy theory...

Btw, turns out many in the GOP viewed Gaetz as a scandal waiting to happen...

"Gaetz—the Trump-loving, Fox News-grinning, 38-year-old Florida Republican—has a less-than-sterling reputation among his congressional colleagues. More than a half-dozen lawmakers have spoken to these reporters about his love of alcohol and illegal drugs, as well as his proclivity for younger women. It’s well-known among Republican lawmakers that Gaetz was dating a college student—one over the age of consent—in 2018. She came to Washington as an intern. "

Reactions: TommyCracker
I was going to suggest that they add Nunes for the perfect trifecta. Then I realized if you limit it to those 3 you're letting lying slime-like Gym Jordan, and the man who could easily be the stupidest, most hypocritical moron in Congress (Louie Gohmert) off the hook...
It really is a confederacy of dunces when you think about it.

I need to reread it. I picked it up when it came out because it was compared to Catch-22 and I could not get into it. Never finished it.
Do. It’s a treasure. The letter he writes on behalf of the Levy pants company to a retailer who returned their defective pants is one of my favorite letters ever written.

Yours in anger,

Seriously. Does he even have the emotional maturity of a 19 year old frat boy? He represents 700k people. Hahahahaha

It really is a confederacy of dunces when you think about it.

Actually not.

You don't hear about nonsense from 350 of the 435 reps. Most are actually good people that put their head down and do their jobs

There are the flamethrowers that are either out totally for themselves, or others that are just carrying party water. Most aren't idiots.... but we're a very cynical people

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT