Gold Member
Aug 10, 2002
http://iuhoosiers.com/news/2018/4/5/football-2018-spring-game-details.aspx

2018 Cream & Crimson Game Details

Apr. 05, 2018 Football
Indiana University Football
2018 Cream & Crimson Spring Game
Saturday, April 14 • Memorial Stadium

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - The 2018 Indiana Football Cream & Crimson Game will take place on Saturday, April 14 at noon. This year's game will be broadcasted LIVE on BTN2Go and will be re-aired on the Big Ten Network at 10 a.m. the next day, April 15.

Due to the Hoosier Half Marathon and IU Dance Marathon FTK 5K Run,fans in attendance should primarily enter from Bypass (Gates 10 and 11), but can access stadium lots from Fee Lane (Gate 12) or Dunn St. (Gates 8 and 9) closer to kickoff.

Below is a breakdown of activities on April 14:

Hoosier Half Marathon and IU Dance Marathon FTK 5K Run - 8 a.m. - Noon
Start/Finish Line at DeVault Alumni Center, 1000 E. 17th Street

Youth Football Clinic - 10 a.m.
Memorial Stadium Field

Children ages 5-12 are invited to participate in a special one-hour youth football clinic on the Memorial Stadium Field. The non-contact clinic (no helmets or pads) will feature different stations. Children participating in the clinic must have a signed waiver. Parents and guardians should bring clinic participants to the east side of Memorial Stadium for check-in beginning at 9:30 a.m.

Spring Game Tailgate Party/Fan and Kids Zone - 10:30 a.m. - Noon
Free Hot Dogs, Brats, Chips & Drinks

Free hot dogs, brats, chips and drinks will be available in the east side tailgating lot of Memorial Stadium. Additionally, inflatable games, the Old Oaken Bucket Football Toss and Selfie Stations will be available to fans. IU Football schedule posters, team rosters, and schedule cards will be distributed as well. Memorial Stadium concessions stands will also be open that evening for the game. Special behind-the-scenes tours of Memorial Stadium will be available to fans from 10:30-11:45 a.m. Henke Hall of Champions will also be open for public tours and ticket information beginning at 11 a.m.

2018 Cream & Crimson Game - Noon
Memorial Stadium

Preview the 2018 Indiana Hoosiers. Admission to the Cream & Crimson Game is free. Players will warm-up starting at approximately 11 a.m. At halftime, Head Coach Tom Allen will speak and recognize players for spring practice awards. After the game, the team will sign autographs on the field. For seating, at the game, please enter through the East side stadium gates only.

http://iuhoosiers.com/news/2018/4/5/football-2018-spring-game-details.aspx

2018 Cream & Crimson Game Details

Apr. 05, 2018 Football
Indiana University Football
2018 Cream & Crimson Spring Game
Saturday, April 14 • Memorial Stadium

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - The 2018 Indiana Football Cream & Crimson Game will take place on Saturday, April 14 at noon. This year's game will be broadcasted LIVE on BTN2Go and will be re-aired on the Big Ten Network at 10 a.m. the next day, April 15.

Due to the Hoosier Half Marathon and IU Dance Marathon FTK 5K Run,fans in attendance should primarily enter from Bypass (Gates 10 and 11), but can access stadium lots from Fee Lane (Gate 12) or Dunn St. (Gates 8 and 9) closer to kickoff.

Below is a breakdown of activities on April 14:

Hoosier Half Marathon and IU Dance Marathon FTK 5K Run - 8 a.m. - Noon
Start/Finish Line at DeVault Alumni Center, 1000 E. 17th Street

Youth Football Clinic - 10 a.m.
Memorial Stadium Field

Children ages 5-12 are invited to participate in a special one-hour youth football clinic on the Memorial Stadium Field. The non-contact clinic (no helmets or pads) will feature different stations. Children participating in the clinic must have a signed waiver. Parents and guardians should bring clinic participants to the east side of Memorial Stadium for check-in beginning at 9:30 a.m.

Spring Game Tailgate Party/Fan and Kids Zone - 10:30 a.m. - Noon
Free Hot Dogs, Brats, Chips & Drinks

Free hot dogs, brats, chips and drinks will be available in the east side tailgating lot of Memorial Stadium. Additionally, inflatable games, the Old Oaken Bucket Football Toss and Selfie Stations will be available to fans. IU Football schedule posters, team rosters, and schedule cards will be distributed as well. Memorial Stadium concessions stands will also be open that evening for the game. Special behind-the-scenes tours of Memorial Stadium will be available to fans from 10:30-11:45 a.m. Henke Hall of Champions will also be open for public tours and ticket information beginning at 11 a.m.

2018 Cream & Crimson Game - Noon
Memorial Stadium

Preview the 2018 Indiana Hoosiers. Admission to the Cream & Crimson Game is free. Players will warm-up starting at approximately 11 a.m. At halftime, Head Coach Tom Allen will speak and recognize players for spring practice awards. After the game, the team will sign autographs on the field. For seating, at the game, please enter through the East side stadium gates only.

Thank You

"Never Daunted, We Cannot Falter"

Remember, those weather forecasts are put together by a bunch of purdue and p$u grads, with a smattering of O$U grads thrown in... They have a lifetime accuracy percentage of something like .200. ;)

My guess (which is very easily as good as theirs): we get a perfect window of just breezy & cloudy weather 9am-3pm and the rain shows up between 5 and 6 in the evening.

I'll bet on the 80% side of things and plan to drive down early and stay late.

I plan to bring an umbrella and a raincoat for the walk back to the vehicle after dinner on the square :D

Watched the Purdue spring game the other night on BTN. Shots of the crowd showed it didn’t look well attended by any stretch and the weather was nice but a bit chilly.

And, to the conversation in another thread, Purdue has 4 guys supposedly in an open QB competition and two of them are frosh competing against Blough and Sindelar. I think that is the correct way to go about these things and IU is doing the same....and many teams employ the same strategy. Incumbents need to feel some competition.

Reactions: 76-1 and snowling
Yeah the lightning and tornado threats don’t make for good football.
I was there a couple of years ago when lightning occurred within the 20 mile radius that requires suspension of an outdoor contest, and the game went to the Mellencamp, which didn't have seating for the crowd. I just put on my rain suit and hiked to my car. I really hope that the current weather forecast gets better and that we get to see this year's game in Memorial Stadium.

I was there a couple of years ago when lightning occurred within the 20 mile radius that requires suspension of an outdoor contest, and the game went to the Mellencamp, which didn't have seating for the crowd. I just put on my rain suit and hiked to my car. I really hope that the current weather forecast gets better and that we get to see this year's game in Memorial Stadium.

Trust me on this one... I have "inside" information. ;):D

Reactions: ESalum86
I was there for that one too. I went into Mellencamp with the team and watched the rest of practice. It was a lot of fun. You were pretty close to the action but on the sidelines. Reminded me of playing in HS. Makes you think about what the coaches on the sidelines can see vs. the ones up in the press box.

Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1
I was there for that one too. I went into Mellencamp with the team and watched the rest of practice. It was a lot of fun. You were pretty close to the action but on the sidelines. Reminded me of playing in HS. Makes you think about what the coaches on the sidelines can see vs. the ones up in the press box.

Well, I guess we have it over Michigan or Wisconsin....we expect so few fans that we can have it in M.P. if necessary.....apparently they didn't feel they could do the same in their facility.

I think they prefer not to schedule it during the middle of the baseball game.

true, but better than a washout or terrible weather.

some overlap may help attendance at both games. (baseball game friday at 6:05pm).

baseball game at 2:05pm saturday also, so some overlap regardless.

also don't know the possibility of tweaking the fri baseball game start time, but should be warm enough friday to play after dark some for either game.

We're going to get a cloudy, windy, but relatively dry window between 9am and 3pm.

Who you gonna believe, the guy with the 80% correct weather guess rate or the pros at 20%?;):D

Reactions: ESalum86
Game has been moved inside and is closed to the public. 90% chance of thunderstorms. There’s a chance of thunderstorms tonight too.

Game has been moved inside and is closed to the public. 90% chance of thunderstorms. There’s a chance of thunderstorms tonight too.

Rain Drops

Tell them to look outside from 10-3 and let us know what they see...

Reactions: iubud
I feel badly for the kids they screwed over who were looking forward to the skills training.

They could easily have set those stations up inside.

That was all supposed to be a couple of hours prior to the game.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the game will be broadcast on BTN still?

Side Note: The baseball team will play a double header today starting at 3pm. I presume this is in anticipation of being washed out tomorrow.

Our forecast is storms ending early morning and firing back up in the late afternoon or evening. Are they also cancelling the baseball game?

I am so pissed. We moved my wife's birthday party to Sunday so we would not miss the Spring Game. When it isn't raining at noon tomorrow, I hope the BTN and the IU Athletic department aren't near their phones.

Reactions: Chriselli and 76-1
Does anyone know if the game will be broadcast on BTN still?

Side Note: The baseball team will play a double header today starting at 3pm. I presume this is in anticipation of being washed out tomorrow.
I believe that is why it was moved. BTN would not be able to set up their cameras without sufficient notice. The moving of the game is good for those watching on TV, but bad for those who were planning to go. I am going to cut my grass instead and screw watching it on TV whenever it is broadcast. I hope people will report on how the competition for the backup QB spot went.

Our forecast is storms ending early morning and firing back up in the late afternoon or evening. Are they also cancelling the baseball game?

I am so pissed. We moved my wife's birthday party to Sunday so we would not miss the Spring Game. When it isn't raining at noon tomorrow, I hope the BTN and the IU Athletic department aren't near their phones.
What exactly are you calling them about? All that will do is have them laughing at the crazy old man calling in about the weather. Half of the conference has canceled their spring games at this point.

I believe that is why it was moved. BTN would not be able to set up their cameras without sufficient notice. The moving of the game is good for those watching on TV, but bad for those who were planning to go. I am going to cut my grass instead and screw watching it on TV whenever it is broadcast. I hope people will report on how the competition for the backup QB spot went.
I doubt it will even be recorded, but I’m not 100% sure on that.

What exactly are you calling them about? All that will do is have them laughing at the crazy old man calling in about the weather. Half of the conference has canceled their spring games at this point.
I don't care if they laugh. I want a current condition report. So, they are cancelling the half marathon or whatever is also going on?

Reactions: 76-1
They were clearly never serious about getting the public down there anyway (publicizing the event details just 8 days ahead of it) so this (the scary weather report from a bunch of pu grads) is probably considered great news by the Athletic Department. They can go back to their 6 month football hibernation now without having to be bothered with having to deal with those pesky fans...

Now THAT is totally ridiculous!

If they are going to air it on one, there's simply no reason not to follow thru on their original plan and air it on tape delay!

So they're gonna screw us twice!

Actually I'd be more for not airing it at all vs just BTNtogo. At least that way they opposition doesn't have any extra game tape on individuals or trick plays...

That (no opposition viewers) is the Only silver lining in all of this... (in my opinion)

The baseball game was moved to today, so that there is now a double header.

Well, that is very disappointing. I have watched spring games in the rain in the past and was willing to do so again.

Well, that is very disappointing. I have watched spring games in the rain in the past and was willing to do so again.

You and several others...

Like I've said before: they never were serious about this...

They at least could have followed thru with the kids activities...

Reactions: Chriselli
I don't care if they laugh. I want a current condition report. So, they are cancelling the half marathon or whatever is also going on?

Somebody ought to let them know that those "crazy old" men are the same ones who actually buy season tickets and stick around to support the football team when everyone else bails at halftime...

Somebody ought to let them know that those "crazy old" men are the same ones who actually buy season tickets and stick around to support the football team when everyone else bails at halftime...
Exactly! I could posted the same thoughts you have! We stayed at the game with the weather delay and our car was one of a dozen (I'm not kidding) left in the grass lot after the game. We were a little wet, but we didn't melt. We have sat in rainy 40 degree weather for the Spring game.

Obviously if it was dangerous, we would leave or make other plans to ride the storm out at Nick's. The INDY 500 doesn't postpone the race even when the forecast is dismal. Many times we have driven up there in a monsoon only to have it dry up and the race go on as usual. We have also ran from the track with the weather sirens going off. The point is, it is on the schedule, people have planned for it, let us decide if we want to see half a game.

I would have driven up God's highway just to see old friends, watch a half and see the stadium. If the game is so unimportant, I shouldn't plan to go next year. I guarantee it would be on as scheduled if they had sold tickets.

Exactly! I could posted the same thoughts you have! We stayed at the game with the weather delay and our car was one of a dozen (I'm not kidding) left in the grass lot after the game. We were a little wet, but we didn't melt. We have sat in rainy 40 degree weather for the Spring game.

Obviously if it was dangerous, we would leave or make other plans to ride the storm out at Nick's. The INDY 500 doesn't postpone the race even when the forecast is dismal. Many times we have driven up there in a monsoon only to have it dry up and the race go on as usual. We have also ran from the track with the weather sirens going off. The point is, it is on the schedule, people have planned for it, let us decide if we want to see half a game.

I would have driven up God's highway just to see old friends, watch a half and see the stadium. If the game is so unimportant, I shouldn't plan to go next year. I guarantee it would be on as scheduled if they had sold tickets.

For that matter if we had anybody down there who was serious about promoting IU Football they would have anticipated the possibility of inclement weather and actually "planned for it"...

They could have held the kids stuff in Mellencamp and served the food and even set up some games in Assembly Hall foyer then shown the game in Assembly Hall proper That's how you treat your fans...

And, if they were using half a brain, they could have solid discounted season tickets and Varsity Club memberships...

Instead we get some 40+ year old (who thinks he's still 18) paid internet monitor coming on here to insult us.

Thanks Fred! Tell us how you really feel about Football fans...

Reactions: bang63 and iubud
For that matter if we had anybody down there who was serious about promoting IU Football they would have anticipated the possibility of inclement weather and actually "planned for it"...

They could have held the kids stuff in Mellencamp and served the food and even set up some games in Assembly Hall foyer then shown the game in Assembly Hall proper That's how you treat your fans...

And, if they were using half a brain, they could have solid discounted season tickets and Varsity Club memberships...

Instead we get some 40+ year old (who thinks he's still 18) paid internet monitor coming on here to insult us.

Thanks Fred! Tell us how you really feel about Football fans...

Not a Fred basher generally, but this is total Amateur Hour.......to say it's going to be inside one day if necessary and cancel the next....and not to have it taped for BTN........very disappointed but not surprised.

Reactions: Chriselli and 76-1
Not a Fred basher generally, but this is total Amateur Hour.......to say it's going to be inside one day if necessary and cancel the next....and not to have it taped for BTN........very disappointed but not surprised.
Maybe FG can sell the game to Yankee Stadium.

My thoughts are pretty simple. You make the "go or no" call early in the week to give folks time to adjust (or cancel flight). This is not a little league baseball game. I believe that was done at Michigan (If I am wrong, please correct me). You can't wait to read the clouds and announce at noon on the day before. Makes it look like an amateur approach and fosters the perception that it is not viewed by IU as a significant event. I planned my weekend around the game and festivities. Luckily, the change is only inconvenient to me and not a dollar loss. I have a friend heading to NEB for the game with purchased tickets. How much you want to bet that game would go rain, snow or monsoon. Just different levels of attention. You want a program to be big time, treat it like it is big time. Again, I have watched games in hard-blowing, cold rain and would tomorrow as well, but cancellation is not as much of the issue as how it is handled (about 24 hours before the event).

Reactions: DANC and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT