ADVERTISEMENT

Spring game info...

Most unfortunate. Was looking forward to it. Not sure why it is closed off to the public now, unless they are concerned with overcrowding in Mellencamp. Personally, I wish they could move it to between 2 pm and 5 pm when the lightening is supposed to be gone.

Reactions: 76-1
are there a bunch of recruiting visits sched for sat?

they moved the baseball game with another B10 school on a moments notice.

they've known for a few days what the forecast was.

it was very nice today. how is it that the baseball game which involved 2 rather than just 1 school could be moved from sat to fri, and the spring game can be moved from the stadium to inside, but the football game couldn't be moved from sat to fri.

yes, moving it from sat to fri would be a bummer for those that made plans to attend sat, but not near as much of a bummer as closing it to the public altogether.

and the whole tv thing is beyond even wtf level bizarre.

UofL and UK moved their games to Friday night. I don't see why IU couldn't have done the same. If you are going to close it to the public or move it to another time you at least need to make sure it can be watched. If BTN won't play ball then IU needs to film it and make it available to stream.

Reactions: Chriselli and 76-1
My thoughts are pretty simple. You make the "go or no" call early in the week to give folks time to adjust (or cancel flight). This is not a little league baseball game. I believe that was done at Michigan (If I am wrong, please correct me). You can't wait to read the clouds and announce at noon on the day before. Makes it look like an amateur approach and fosters the perception that it is not viewed by IU as a significant event. I planned my weekend around the game and festivities. Luckily, the change is only inconvenient to me and not a dollar loss. I have a friend heading to NEB for the game with purchased tickets. How much you want to bet that game would go rain, snow or monsoon. Just different levels of attention. You want a program to be big time, treat it like it is big time. Again, I have watched games in hard-blowing, cold rain and would tomorrow as well, but cancellation is not as much of the issue as how it is handled (about 24 hours before the event).
Bummer for sure my son and I were planning on coming up this morning. Glad I checked this board 1st. I had no idea. I wonder how many will still show up not even knowing.

I wouldn't hire whoever is running this to run a garage sale for me... Absolutely Pathetic...

It’s funny you mention that. I heard that Fred is actulally taking the time away from the events today to coordinate his neighborhood garage sale. He was able to get all of the food from the Spring Game moved into his garage and they will be selling those to buyers as they wander up to the sale.

I’m just kidding....but my only gripe is I wish they had not waited until mid afternoon on Friday to call it off. They should have just cancelled on Monday or Tuesday like the rest of the conference teams.

I doubt it will even be recorded, but I’m not 100% sure on that.
You CAN watch the spring game online, live, on BTN2Go. It will not be reaired as was originally planned.

You CAN watch the spring game online, live, on BTN2Go. It will not be reaired as was originally planned.

I’m watching the OSU game right now on BTN2GO. Being played outdoors. No issues there at all. It’s a packed house and everyone is having a great time. As a side note, their weather and the forecast is identical to Bloomington’s from 11 am to 3 pm.

LOL Yeah, try watching it. It doesn't work half the time. It's a joke.

I think that the feed from Monroe County Library’s BCAT ( Bloomington Cable Access) would be more professional.

The limited things I’ve seen in all of this is that both Defensive Lines in the scrimmage look pretty bad. Offenses moving the ball virtually at will.

I think that the feed from Monroe County Library’s BCAT ( Bloomington Cable Access) would be more professional.

The limited things I’ve seen in all of this is that both Defensive Lines in the scrimmage look pretty bad. Offenses moving the ball virtually at will.
Probably why they didn't want to show it on TV and are screwing with the BTN2Go stream.

Didn’t turn out to be a bad weather day at all. A little damp but nothing like predicted. I need to get into this meteorology field. Their crap is correct about half the time and they get to keep their jobs. We’d have a better predictor of weather just flipping a coin. That’s a great gig to have.
We're going to get a cloudy, windy, but relatively dry window between 9am and 3pm.

Who you gonna believe, the guy with the 80% correct weather guess rate or the pros at 20%?;):D
And that was exactly what happened. Very little rain.

Didn’t turn out to be a bad weather day at all. A little damp but nothing like predicted. I need to get into this meteorology field. Their crap is correct about half the time and they get to keep their jobs. We’d have a better predictor of weather just flipping a coin. That’s a great gig to have.

And that was exactly what happened. Very little rain.

Missed on mine by about an hour and a half but it should not have mattered; the kids stuff could have been run in Mellencamp, the food under the West stands or elsewhere, and the game in the stadium or on closed circuit inside Assembly Hall...

They really didn't want the public down there from the start. If that's how they want to run it, fine, just be up front about it and don't jerk the fans planning on bringing kids and grandkids down around...

Once again: a truly pathetic effort by all hands in the Athletic Department.

Great to see their families had a good day though...

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
Missed on mine by about an hour and a half but it should not have mattered; the kids stuff could have been run in Mellencamp, the food under the West stands or elsewhere, and the game in the stadium or on closed circuit inside Assembly Hall...

They really didn't want the public down there from the start. If that's how they want to run it, fine, just be up front about it and don't jerk the fans planning on bringing kids and grandkids down around...

Once again: a truly pathetic effort by all hands in the Athletic Department.

Great to see their families had a good day though...

I am glad that at least a few kids were able to have some fun down there...

ADVERTISEMENT