ADVERTISEMENT

Spoiler Prediction: GOT Tonight which happens first

My guess is that while she mounted a flying lizard, she is not yet able to control said flying lizard. Hence, enter Tyrion to do what a lot of people think he is capable of doing...
we're named Dragon Trainer, while previous books had his chapters named Tyrion. It's obviously his destiny. One of the first scenes has him reading a book on dragons by the camp fire. The saddle he made for Bran, was from that book.

I don't get why Dany's fleeing. She just mounted a flying lizard that breathes fire. Seems like a pretty easy opportunity to take out your enemies. Or after the pits and all the other issues, is she just saying eff Meereen, I'm done being Queen here?
I'm also thinking that may be the last we see of her this season. Leaving people wondering where she is.

I don't get why Dany's fleeing. She just mounted a flying lizard that breathes fire. Seems like a pretty easy opportunity to take out your enemies. Or after the pits and all the other issues, is she just saying eff Meereen, I'm done being Queen here?

While my thinking is that her dragon is injured. She needs all of her dragons. She can't risk it to fry a few golden immortals.

Take it to heal in safety.

Dany took a quick liking to the Imp when most are repulsed by the little man.

While my thinking is that her dragon is injured. She needs all of her dragons. She can't risk it to fry a few golden immortals.

My understanding from the books was they're still vulnerable while young... either way I doubt it's hurt.

I've been going super nerd online the past few days reading on GOT Theory about who is Azor Ahia, Why the Whytes are marching, Who are the 3 heads of the dragon, and whether or not there is a dragon INSIDE the wall

Lots of downtime on the road

That wasn't her doing. it came on it's own.

That wasn't her doing. it came on it's own.

It sensed its mother's desperation. Or did the Imp call it subconsciously?

She can't become the greatest ruler that ever was or ever will be if she dies in the arena.

I'm guessing Brandon Stark won't reemerge until next season.

She can't become the greatest ruler that ever was or ever will be if she dies in the arena.

Good point, it truly could be either ..
If it were Tyrion, though it was most likely Dany, it would prove he has Targ blood. Targs have huge affinity with their dragons

Good point, it truly could be either ..
If it were Tyrion, though it was most likely Dany, it would prove he has Targ blood. Targs have huge affinity with their dragons
I don't think Tyrion will be part of that story line... I think he will just continue to be the guy that does it with his intelligence. The forgotten member who though being very small impacted greatly

I don't think Tyrion will be part of that story line... I think he will just continue to be the guy that does it with his intelligence. The forgotten member who though being very small impacted greatly

without any doubt the Dragon Trainer. now if the trainer needs Targ blood to train the dragons, that's the question.

Tywin: " ... and since I couldn't prove that you weren't mine ..."

Was Tywin's wife a Targareon by any chance? Could the Imp be a result of incest and not really a Lanister at all? Have these questions been answered in previous spoilers?

Tywin: " ... and since I couldn't prove that you weren't mine ..."

Was Tywin's wife a Targareon by any chance? Could the Imp be a result of incest and not really a Lanister at all? Have these questions been answered in previous spoilers?
No, it's just suspected by a few that Rheagar, who was basically a rock star, got around. A lot.

No, it's just suspected by a few that Rheagar, who was basically a rock star, got around. A lot.

Thought the theory was that the Mad King raped Tywin's wife to prove his power...or something. The kid was Tyrion and on top of it being a slap in the face of Tywin, the little imp killed his darling wife in childbirth.

Therefore Tywin hates Tyrion.

I agree Tyrion is the dragon trainer. Obviously he observed the power and connection, now he'll throw some intellect and confidence at her in regards to taming them or AVATARING them (making that personal connection so the rider and the dragon becomes one).

I bet Tyrion gets the craziest dragon for his. I also wonder if there will be an accident during training (the dragon gets pissed and spits fire at him) that he'll be unscathed and wonder 'well that is very interesting'.

Could be something like that but it wasn't alluded to in the book.

I agree Tyrion is the dragon trainer.
Yea, there's no doubt.
I mean, GRRM named Tyrion's chapters in the last book "The Dragon train.... wait is wasn't trainer. It was "The Dragontamer"... it couldn't be more obvious.

Last edited:
Yea, there's no doubt.
I mean, GRRM named Tyrion's chapters in the last book "The Dragon train.... wait is wasn't trainer. It was "The Dragontamer"... it can't be more obvious.

It's going to be fun watching Tyrion train Dany also as she'll recognize how good he is. I'm already enjoying their scenes tremendously. Dany is the kind of leader who would actually value Tyrion's intellect.

Of course I still think that Dany is going to be the ultimate villian (for a point of view, not that she goes mad or turns evil) in regards to restoring balance to the force. The White Walkers can sense it which is why they are marching. Jon marrying an ice princess will be the key that ends or stops winter from coming, just like it did a 1000 years ago. Eventually they've all got to figure out a way to live in peace.

Is that too pollyanna and nice for GRRM? I mean everyone is in peace, Dany is on the throne and is the greatest queen ever, she has her trained dragons by her side, Jon has negotiated the peace by marrying the ice princess (maybe I'll go one step further and say the ice princess is that chick they introduced last week who's an established actress. Surely she wasn't brought on for one episode), Sansa has winterfell back, Tyrion is at Dany's side guiding her....everything is in it's right place at the end.

Surely it's not that simplistic and happy.

On a side note, isn't Sansa and Tyrion still married technically? Is there a way for someone to have blood from all the families? A Lannister, Stark, Tyrell, Targarian, Arryn, Baratheon???

Last edited:
we're named Dragon Trainer, while previous books had his chapters named Tyrion. It's obviously his destiny. One of the first scenes has him reading a book on dragons by the camp fire. The saddle he made for Bran, was from that book.
FWIW, and you'll realize this when you reread the book, but Tyrion was called "Tyrion" in the chapter titles. The "Dragontamer" was Quentyn. And it didn't work out well.

I'm still on board with the theory, of course, but it wasn't given away that easily.

In regards to Tyrion's possible Targ blood: at one point the Mad King hinted at or wanted to bang Tywin's wife.

Rhaeghar would have been too young to father Tyrion, since he was roughly 10 or 11 when Tyrion was born.

Hottie said she was reading Book V last night and wouldn't even let me take a look at the page. I started to look at it not knowing what it was, and she closed up her iPad cover real quick like.

Now, I'm not positive that she wasn't reading 50 Shades of Grey.

Nah I'm in the middle of it.

There were things that may or may not be true on tv. They haven't said so yet but it is something he took a rather good guess about.

FWIW, and you'll realize this when you reread the book, but Tyrion was called "Tyrion" in the chapter titles. The "Dragontamer" was Quentyn. And it didn't work out well.

I'm still on board with the theory, of course, but it wasn't given away that easily.
Ha, you're correct.

In regards to Tyrion's possible Targ blood: at one point the Mad King hinted at or wanted to bang Tywin's wife.

Rhaeghar would have been too young to father Tyrion, since he was roughly 10 or 11 when Tyrion was born.
this is correct also....

His hair according to the books should be pale almost white, which is unlike the other Lannister's gold hair, and he has two different colored eyes. Or am I wrong about that too? I apparently need a refresher course, as I'm watching the show I'm losing or combining details from the books.. fwiw - I don't think he does.

Also this is what you're referring to ..

“Prince Aerys . . . as a youth, he was taken with a certain lady of Casterly Rock, a cousin of Tywin Lannister. When she and Tywin wed, your father drank too much wine at the wedding feast and was heard to say that it was a great pity that the lord’s right to the first night had been abolished. A drunken jape, no more, but Tywin Lannister was not a man to forget such words, or the . . . the liberties your father took during the bedding.” WTF did he mean by that? Also somewhere it's speculated that she spent a year in Kings Landing, right? I couldn't find it.

Last edited:
The mad king was a right old pervert.
your correction reminded me of a lot of missing things...

Especially the last conversation between Barristan and the Dornish, which set up a possibility of a Targ Dornish alliance, basically her first ally on Westeros. Apparently the Dorne story was important enough to keep around, and I see no other reason to keep it.

I'm gonna go find a cliff notes version of the book and do a refresher. I hate forgetting things. I won't be reading 4 and 5 over again soon, they were both a chore and until I see a hard cover of Winds of Winter on selves, there's no need to.

your correction reminded me of a lot of missing things...

Especially the last conversation between Barristan and the Dornish, which set up a possibility of a Targ Dornish alliance, basically her first ally on Westeros. Apparently the Dorne story was important enough to keep around, and I see no other reason to keep it.

I'm gonna go find a cliff notes version of the book and do a refresher. I hate forgetting things. I won't be reading 4 and 5 over again soon, they were both a chore and until I see a hard cover of Winds of Winter on selves, there's no need to.
I just don't buy 3 Targs being around.
I know GRRM likes to throw people off and do the unexpected I just don't think he'd build up for 5 books the JS/Deanarys thing and then completely abandon it.
With all that they keep ignoring Bran who "will fly again" You've got 3 dragons... JS, DT, and Bran worging the 3rd.
I just think its too convenient for it to be The Imp to magically be a Targ all along. I think his role will continue to be molding Deanarys into a real queen and preventing her from becoming her father. He's the brain, she's the brawn and Jon is your Knight and Azor Ahai

I know GRRM likes to throw people off and do the unexpected I just don't think he'd build up for 5 books the JS/Deanarys thing and then completely abandon it.
With all that they keep ignoring Bran who "will fly again" You've got 3 dragons... JS, DT, and Bran worging the 3rd.
I just think its too convenient for it to be The Imp to magically be a Targ all along. I think his role will continue to be molding Deanarys into a real queen and preventing her from becoming her father. He's the brain, she's the brawn and Jon is your Knight and Azor Ahai
Bran's fate is already know, isn't it? He will become a tree - a very important tree. fwiw - Jon is also a warg, as is Arya, as was Robb. I don't know about Sansa, but it appears to be a Stark trait. She most likely is too, but we don't know it because she lost her wolf so early.

May not and does not need to be a Targ, nor does he need to be one of the riders. I don't believe he is but he is still without doubt the one who will train the dragons. From the first scene we encounter him, and since, he dreams of, or reads about, or is fascinated with them. That much foreshadowing isn't for nothing. I believe it's one of the most obvious theories in the books. And, if he is not one of the three riders, then we haven't seen the third yet.

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
Bran's fate is already know, isn't it? He will become a tree - a very important tree. fwiw - Jon is also a warg, as is Arya, as was Robb. I don't know about Sansa, but it appears to be a Stark trait. She most likely is too, but we don't know it because she lost her wolf so early.

May not and does not need to be a Targ, nor does he need to be one of the riders. I don't believe he is but he is still without doubt the one who will train the dragons. From the first scene we encounter him, and since, he dreams of, or reads about, or is fascinated with them. That much foreshadowing isn't for nothing. I believe it's one of the most obvious theories in the books. And, if he is not one of the three riders, then we haven't seen the third yet.
How much of our conclusions about other plots are based on the fact that we've named the three riders? If Tyrion isn't a rider, for example, doesn't that open back up the possibility that Aegon isn't a fake? I've been working under the assumption the entire type that he's an imposter, but it's not like the evidence is slam dunk. A lot of it is simply that, when choosing between Tyrion or Aegon as the third head of the dragon, Tyrion seemed more likely.

Also... "When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone"...

Dany more than any other. Born in a storm at sea = salt. Reborn of smoke = the fire. But waking dragons out of stone? Dany woke dragons from stone.

How much of our conclusions about other plots are based on the fact that we've named the three riders? If Tyrion isn't a rider, for example, doesn't that open back up the possibility that Aegon isn't a fake? I've been working under the assumption the entire type that he's an imposter, but it's not like the evidence is slam dunk. A lot of it is simply that, when choosing between Tyrion or Aegon as the third head of the dragon, Tyrion seemed more likely.

We will see a return to the Ironborn to Dany storyline. So, maybe we also get Aegon too.

Also, much speculation on ...
having to have Targ blood to control the dragons. and lately, I'm not so sure Jon is one of them. Oh, I believe he is a Targ, but maybe not a rider. I've also never though Tyrion was one of them. I've always thought it was Aegon, but them writing him out this year, put a damper on that theory.

Also, much speculation on ...
having to have Targ blood to control the dragons. and lately, I'm not so sure Jon is one of them. Oh, I believe he is a Targ, but maybe not a rider. I've also never though Tyrion was one of them. I've always thought it was Aegon, but them writing him out this year, put a damper on that theory.
And none of the casting calls for next year sound like him, either.

Jon got burned in book one while protecting Mormont from the zombie.

Because of this, I am doubtful Jon is a rider. I think it is Dany, Bran, and any of the others we have speculated on.

Because of this, I am doubtful Jon is a rider. I think it is Dany, Bran, and any of the others we have speculated on.
Got stabbed 4 times including through the heart? I think... So getting burned isn't exactly his biggest obstacle

I still think Bran is the worst choice. He has something to do and it's important.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT