patrick593

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 12, 2007
Columbus, OH
"for the Watch..." Which will clearly come via Ollie

Or

The big fighting pits take off

I'm going with Deanarys exit will be next week, Jon tonight. They have to split them up right?

I think Jon's scene will be the last. It was the last in the book (if I'm remembering correctly) and I think it's the biggest shock if you're watching the show solely. It's just like every other surprise that has befallen a Stark. You don't necessarily anticipate it and then when it happens you're all WTF?!?

I think Jon's scene will be the last. It was the last in the book (if I'm remembering correctly) and I think it's the biggest shock if you're watching the show solely. It's just like every other surprise that has befallen a Stark. You don't necessarily anticipate it and then when it happens you're all WTF?!?
Dany finding the black dragon was last. Jon's scene comes before.. right? Also, Cersei will take a stroll.

Dany finding the black dragon was last. Jon's scene comes before.. right? Also, Cersei will take a stroll.
Cersei tonight. Fighting pits tonight. Jon next week. Drogon and the new Khalasar to end the season. The season always ends with Dany, doesn't it?

Edit: Cersei next week. Tonight will be mostly setup, but it will involve the fighting pits and probably something with Jorah.

You're right. I am going to have to go back through and read the series this summer when my brain isn't trying to fight off my comprehension of the story with a billion other school related thoughts. I'm sure I missed a lot of the nuances of the story.

You're right. I am going to have to go back through and read the series this summer when my brain isn't trying to fight off my comprehension of the story with a billion other school related thoughts. I'm sure I missed a lot of the nuances of the story.
Actually the epilogue (Kevan and Varys) is last, and I'm pretty sure that's going to happen. That's why Varys disappeared after Jorah stole Tyrion. He's making his way back to King's Landing. But in the show, I think that will be the second to last scene, with Dany and Drogon being the very last scene.

It's also worth nothing that, no matter what order they do the scenes in these next two episodes, the show will officially be out of book material after this season. Now, I know Martin has already shared the rest of the story with the show, but I have no idea how close he is to actually publishing WoW. Things could really go off the rails next season if he's not far along.

I started the series in 99 or 2000, and reread the previous book as a new one has been released. So, I've only read 5 once. Still, I've forgotten a ton of it because the new book is late. I'll probably reread 4 and 5 when 6 gets released. 4 was a grind, I barely remember it. The first 3 books flew, I didn't put them down.

It's also worth nothing that, no matter what order they do the scenes in these next two episodes, the show will officially be out of book material after this season. Now, I know Martin has already shared the rest of the story with the show, but I have no idea how close he is to actually publishing WoW. Things could really go off the rails next season if he's not far along.
They have to change Dany thing, ie her in the desert fiding Drogon. I don;t think they can do that since they've written out the siege. I'm thinking it will be more along the lines of something happening in teh city with the Harpies, and Drogon coming. Also, I think there may be a chance that after that happens, Tyrion find his true calling, or it is at least implied. I think you're also correct about Vary's, he'll soon be back.

I started the series in 99 or 2000, and reread the previous book as a new one has been released. So, I've only read 5 once. Still, I've forgotten a ton of it because the new book is late. I'll probably reread 4 and 5 when 6 gets released. 4 was a grind, I barely remember it. The first 3 books flew, I didn't put them down.

I've still got to finish the Wheel of Time Series (I've got the last three books to go) and then I'll probably go back and read the first three of GoT. The fourth book really was my least favorite as well and I'm not sure I can put myself through that again, at least until the next book comes out.

I thought about it, and here's what I think happens. Simply. Harpies attack, and endanger Dany. Mormont saves Dany's life, but dies. He's the chameleon archytype, as Harrison Ford well knows, that character dies saving the protagonist. After Dany gets saved by Mormont, her "throne" or city, or life, is still threatened. Drogon comes to her (instead of finding her in the desert) and Dany wins. Tyrion has an implied affinity to Drogon which is the hook for next season.

I've still got to finish the Wheel of Time Series (I've got the last three books to go) and then I'll probably go back and read the first three of GoT. The fourth book really was my least favorite as well and I'm not sure I can put myself through that again, at least until the next book comes out.
Me too ... I quit when he died. I didn't read any of the last books. That was an interesting series in concept, but man he drug it out.

They have to change Dany thing, ie her in the desert fiding Drogon. I don;t think they can do that since they've written out the siege. I'm thinking it will be more along the lines of something happening in teh city with the Harpies, and Drogon coming. Also, I think there may be a chance that after that happens, Tyrion find his true calling, or it is at least implied. I think you're also correct about Vary's, he'll soon be back.
That's a good point. I bet you're right. It will make for better television to have everything happen in one place...

However, they could replace the siege with a Harpies uprising, and still have her skip town. I believe the description for the last episode includes the line, "Dany finds herself surrounded by strangers" or something like that. Sounds like Jhaqo to me.

That's a good point. I bet you're right. It will make for better television to have everything happen in one place...

However, they could replace the siege with a Harpies uprising, and still have her skip town. I believe the description for the last episode includes the line, "Dany finds herself surrounded by strangers" or something like that. Sounds like Jhaqo to me.

Well that changes things .. they will somehow have to remove her.

I think I saw somewhere that they expect the 6th book to be out just before the season next year.

Going to have to power down and read it before the season gets started. Well that's what I read anyways

"for the Watch..." Which will clearly come via Ollie

Or

The big fighting pits take off

I'm going with Deanarys exit will be next week, Jon tonight. They have to split them up right?
Got them wrong... Other way around. Thought they'd do it next week

6th b ook is indeed supposed to be out before next season; he is turning down paying speaking engagements to 'get er done'.
Think I will retire my AR15 and buy a dragon instead

Reactions: patrick593
The Lady said "is that in the book?"
It most certainly was not and damn I was surprised. Not by what happened but that it actually did... Thought something or someone would intervene
Yeah, that one caught me off-guard. I know they were alluding to it, but I didn't think it would really happen. Damn. Stannis is done for me. I can't come back after that.

Harpies attack, and endanger Dany. Mormont saves Dany's life, ....Drogon comes to her

However, they could replace the siege with a Harpies uprising, and still have her skip town.

Not bad ..

Mormont doesn't die, and we still haven't seen Tyrion interact. So, now, Dany goes to the desert?

I still don't get Mormont's role in this, especially with the greyscale. He's either gonna die, or be cured.

I also think they're lost in Dorne.

Yeah, that one caught me off-guard. I know they were alluding to it, but I didn't think it would really happen. Damn. Stannis is done for me. I can't come back after that.
Man, they've been making us "like" her for weeks. No other reason for her to be in the story. That was almost transparent. We just didn't "want" to watch it.

Man, they've been making us "like" her for weeks. No other reason for her to be in the story. That was almost transparent. We just didn't "want" to watch it.

We were warned with the touching extra scene when Stannis described how he kept her when everyone told him to banish her to Valaria (or whatever that place is called with the stone men).

That was the kiss of death.

Still, I thought maybe Stannis would end up sacrificing himself to the lord of light but no...and man did that young actress really sell her fear. That was probably the most disturbing scene in the series...can't see how anyone could argue. Even over the red wedding for me.

And yes, anyone on the Team Stannis train just got off of it immediately.

GODDAMN.

Stannis...

Damn...

stannis_out.gif

Well if Martin approved it then I guess that was going to be the end result anyway...for her to die.

Stannis had to be ruled out anyway.

The scene with the dragon I thought was meh.

He wasn't very inspiring as a terrifying dragon.

The Golden Immortals were scurred. But it didn't stop them from almost killing it with their spears.

Aren't dragon scales supposed to be less penetrable?

Yea, I always thought they would be. Nothing in the books implies either. Most myths (and the Monster Manual) have them as being immune to any non magical weapon.

I don't get why Dany's fleeing. She just mounted a flying lizard that breathes fire. Seems like a pretty easy opportunity to take out your enemies. Or after the pits and all the other issues, is she just saying eff Meereen, I'm done being Queen here?

I don't get why Dany's fleeing. She just mounted a flying lizard that breathes fire. Seems like a pretty easy opportunity to take out your enemies. Or after the pits and all the other issues, is she just saying eff Meereen, I'm done being Queen here?
My guess is that while she mounted a flying lizard, she is not yet able to control said flying lizard. Hence, enter Tyrion to do what a lot of people think he is capable of doing...

She's a teenager and is having a moment. She's sick of it all. She'll be back ..

if I remember correctly, stronger than ever. Or so it was implied.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT