ADVERTISEMENT

South endzone project wasted money!

For instance?
You claimed a program that has played in four consecutive New Year's Day bowls is "slow decline" and has been for nearly a decade. That's nonsense unless you measure trends on a weekly basis. And Bielma got a huge bump in guaranteed money, much better facilities, and a much more fertile recruiting area in the best conference in the country. That's not a lateral move.

Purdue, arguably the worst program in the BiG, announced a $60 football facilities enhancement. Makes IU's south end zone project look like a modest project.

Purdue, arguably the worst program in the BiG, announced a $60 football facilities enhancement. Makes IU's south end zone project look like a modest project.
A. It looks very nice, but nearly all of that stuff we already did with NEZ or are apparently doing with the SEZ project.

B. Have we even announced how much our SEZ project will cost? There hasn't been anything official on it yet.

A. It looks very nice, but nearly all of that stuff we already did with NEZ or are apparently doing with the SEZ project.

B. Have we even announced how much our SEZ project will cost? There hasn't been anything official on it yet.
I haven't seen any official announcement or cost estimate. There are some people here who have ties within IU, I wonder if they know anything.

Reactions: RBB89

That's not true . . or even arguable. Yes, we have the worst team, right now. But Purdue's football program is not the worst in the B1G. That statement is ridiculous.

Last edited:

10 million + is all that I've seen

Reactions: RBB89
I'm a newbie here but have enjoyed and followed IU football for a long time. Haven't posted much but would like to more often. How about you?
Usually newbies that are as, umm as aggressive as you aren't newbies.

I've had this name since the RMK days

That's not true . . or even arguable. Yes, we have the worst team, right now. But Purdue's football program is not the worst in the B1G. That statement is ridiculous.
Arguably, I would submit that it is accurate, though it could be argued that you're not alone at the bottom (or, that the differences at the bottom are minute). Indiana, Illinois and Maryland all live in the same cul-de-sac with Purdue.

Usually newbies that are as, umm as aggressive as you aren't newbies.

I've had this name since the RMK days
I don't think I've been aggressive at all, but that's just my opinion. I realize you didn't like to be challenged, but I didn't think your view of IU, BiG membership, and the "SuperConference" inevitability had merit.

Didn't know this place had been here for 15+ years. That's been a few ups and a lot of downs for IU football.

Last edited:
I don't think I've been aggressive at all, but that's just my opinion. I realize you didn't like to be challenged, but I didn't think your view of IU, BiG membership, and the "SuperConference" inevitability had merit.

Didn't know this place had been here for 15+ years. That's been a few ups and a lot of downs for IU football.
I have been here since around 1997 and this is my second username and the only reason I changed it was that I forgot my password because I left this board for a couple of years.

I have been here since around 1997 and this is my second username and the only reason I changed it was that I forgot my password because I left this board for a couple of years.
I don't know how to change it anyway and I would forget it if I did.

I've noticed it with more than just me. You go quickly to insults when you don't agree with someone.

Disagreeing with the merits of something doesn't mean you insult the posters intelligence or call them liars. It makes it seem as though you can't debate intelligently so you resort to childish tactics.

And I dont believe for a second that you just joined a few months ago

Arguably, I would submit that it is accurate, though it could be argued that you're not alone at the bottom (or, that the differences at the bottom are minute). Indiana, Illinois and Maryland all live in the same cul-de-sac with Purdue.
This Purdue team might be the worst but the PU program is in the middle of the conference. Teams are year to year programs are decade to decade

I've noticed it with more than just me. You go quickly to insults when you don't agree with someone.

Disagreeing with the merits of something doesn't mean you insult the posters intelligence or call them liars. It makes it seem as though you can't debate intelligently so you resort to childish tactics.

And I dont believe for a second that you just joined a few months ago
I don't believe I insulted you at all at least any more than you insulted me and I didn't call you a liar or anything, only that I didn't think your views had merit. Can't help you with the name change since I don't know how to do that.

I don't agree with your rankings, but they are arguably correct. (I'd bump UIUC down below Purdue . . and probably put UW above Iowa).
I can see putting PU with Illinois but why would you PU ahead?

Illinois claims 5 titles (which are probably worth as much your vaunted Helms trophy in hoops ) PU claims 0, UI leads 18-17 in bowls and 15-12 in conference titles. It was almost 40yrs between PUs last two conference titles, the Illini have won a title in the last three decades

If you know how to sign up for one then you know how to sign up for another one. It ain't rocket science but apparently for some it might as well be
Thanks for the instructions, including the tutorial on insults. Very helpful. So what was your previous name?

The most impressive monument for any football program is its stadium. It is also the most visual representation of the commitment to the program. If IU is to start getting more top recruits, it will help significantly if these kids can stand on the Memorial Stadium 50 yard line and have a similar experience to what they have when visiting the big boys. Now filling the stadium - that is a chicken and egg situation.

I can see putting PU with Illinois but why would you PU ahead?

Illinois claims 5 titles (which are probably worth as much your vaunted Helms trophy in hoops ) PU claims 0, UI leads 18-17 in bowls and 15-12 in conference titles. It was almost 40yrs between PUs last two conference titles, the Illini have won a title in the last three decades

Illinois is more of a peaks and valleys program, where Purdue tends to float around the middle more consistently. It's just different weighting. Illinois also has a very hard time beating Purdue, even when we are terrible. If Purdue keeps playing the way it is now, is probably agree with your assessment.

Illinois is more of a peaks and valleys program, where Purdue tends to float around the middle more consistently. It's just different weighting. Illinois also has a very hard time beating Purdue, even when we are terrible. If Purdue keeps playing the way it is now, is probably agree with your assessment.
They have a winning record against PU

They have a winning record against PU

I'm not going to derail this thread any further than I already have. I've got no real issue with your rankings, as I said that you could argue yours are accurate. But UIUC hasn't been able to beat us consistently in decades and even lost to us last year (when we were worse than we are now). IU beats us more often that UIUC does, anymore.

You claimed a program that has played in four consecutive New Year's Day bowls is "slow decline" and has been for nearly a decade. That's nonsense unless you measure trends on a weekly basis. And Bielma got a huge bump in guaranteed money, much better facilities, and a much more fertile recruiting area in the best conference in the country. That's not a lateral move.
Hows the SEC working out for him?

Hows the SEC working out for him?
He's going to be looking up at Alabama, Auburn, LSU, the Mississippi's, A & M, etc. Luckily for him, he'll be doing it while lying on a guaranteed pile of cash to the tune of $19 million plus. Not a bad gig for finishing last in your division even if it's the best division in the best conference in college.

He's going to be looking up at Alabama, Auburn, LSU, the Mississippi's, A & M, etc. Luckily for him, he'll be doing it while lying on a guaranteed pile of cash to the tune of $19 million plus. Not a bad gig for finishing last in your division even if it's the best division in the best conference in college.
I'm pretty sure they're not paying him to come in last in his division.

Sounds like he has a really good agent. That doesn't make him a top notch coach. He reminds me a lot of Guy Schiano. Good coach but has trouble playing with the other kids. Turned around Rutgers, a perennial doormat. Left unceremoniously from NFL. He could be looking for a chance at redemption...

Sounds like he has a really good agent. That doesn't make him a top notch coach. He reminds me a lot of Guy Schiano. Good coach but has trouble playing with the other kids. Turned around Rutgers, a perennial doormat. Left unceremoniously from NFL. He could be looking for a chance at redemption...
No one said he was a top notch coach, only a very well compensated one.

As for Greg Schiano, he would instantly boost recruiting, among other things.

Someone considered him top notch or else why pay all the money? I do like Schiano, though. Tough coach...

In context, IU has already done much of the facilities work an PU needs to catch up. The SEZ is about wholistic athlete development not seats.

In context, IU has already done much of the facilities work an PU needs to catch up. The SEZ is about wholistic athlete development not seats.

Agree, with NW's new complex that they are building, Purdue had far and away the most outdated facilities in the conference (maybe along with Maryland). Literally all Purdue is doing is catching up to what we already have.

Not sure if you intended to direct your post to me since I've already made this very point some time ago, at least in regard to the seating issue. As for Purdue, their financial outlay far exceeds what IU will spend for both end zone projects.

Not sure if you intended to direct your post to me since I've already made this very point some time ago, at least in regard to the seating issue. As for Purdue, their financial outlay far exceeds what IU will spend for both end zone projects.
If it's truly just 60mil then it isn't exceeding IU by much if at all

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT