ADVERTISEMENT

So is Ware done for season?

It was said that Ware was NOT wearing a boot today and Woodson was hoping he could play today. Sounds like he is close to coming back.

Reactions: Vern Pain
Pulling a Vonleh/Romeo?
You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

A first rounder wants to be a lottery pick and he's not close now. He has to show more to get there.
No but first round money is probably better than NIL money for him. Maybe not though. I could see Kentucky or Kansas scooping him up for next year. On a team that can shoot thus freeing him up from the double team? That could be dangerous.

Sadly either way I highly doubt he's at IU next year.

Romeo may have been a lot of things, but he wasn't a quitter. Played hurt when he could have sat out.
Sat out when he could have played. He was a big time quitter. Didn't play in the NIT.

"Romeo Langford told IndyStar's Gregg Doyel that he will sit out IU's NIT game Tuesday night against St. Francis (Pa.).

Langford reportedly had a minor back issue during the Big Ten tournament, in which the Hoosiers lost to Ohio State. However, reports from Monday indicated he would be able to play."

Sat out when he could have played. He was a big time quitter. Didn't play in the NIT.

"Romeo Langford told IndyStar's Gregg Doyel that he will sit out IU's NIT game Tuesday night against St. Francis (Pa.).

Langford reportedly had a minor back issue during the Big Ten tournament, in which the Hoosiers lost to Ohio State. However, reports from Monday indicated he would be able to play."
Played nearly the entire season with the injury to his right hand. Could have easily packed it in until the NBA draft, but didn't.

Played nearly the entire season with the injury to his right hand. Could have easily packed it in until the NBA draft, but didn't.
IU Message board posters like yourself should get a cut of the salary he stole from the nba. Hell, I honestly think you guys convinced Danny Ainge it was his wrist, hand, finger, whatever the hell the “injury” was. That led him to believe he was actually a good shooter and that was the reason he shot 27% from three. Then he duplicated it over 5 years in the nba and the excuses ran out.

Sorry, I can’t help myself.

Reactions: CriticArisen
IU Message board posters like yourself should get a cut of the salary he stole from the nba. Hell, I honestly think you guys convinced Danny Ainge it was his wrist, hand, finger, whatever the hell the “injury” was. That led him to believe he was actually a good shooter and that was the reason he shot 27% from three. Then he duplicated it over 5 years in the nba and the excuses ran out.

You won't find a single post on here where I praise anything to do with his shooting.

Reactions: kkott

Ainge didnt draft Romeo for his shooting. He drafted him for his size, and versatility. He was one of our leading rebounders and assist guys in his season at IU.

Not saying you’re wrong on Romeo. His shot never became consistent enough for him to stick in the NBA. But Ainge and Stevens are arguably the best roster builders in the NBA. They saw some thing to bring in Romeo and I guarantee it wasn’t him becoming a knock down shooter.

He didn’t pan out. Happens more than it doesn’t. You’ve been wrong on more of your calls than right. But you called this one. Congrats!

You won't find a single post on here where I praise anything to do with his shooting.
I am just saying I think him playing and the injury excuse is the reason he got drafted in the lottery. If he doesn’t play, I don’t think he gets drafted in the lottery.

Ware is waaaayyyyyyy too soft for the NBA right now. He would make Wemby look like Shaq.

He is nowhere near the lottery at this point and doesn’t really come with the reputation or proof that he has any real fight in him.

I am just saying I think him playing and the injury excuse is the reason he got drafted in the lottery. If he doesn’t play, I don’t think he gets drafted in the lottery.
For ****'s sake, let it go.

Speaking of shooting-JHS is having a historically bad season getting the ball in the basket.
And he’s going to get 17.8 million guaranteed over four years to do it. Even if his shooting woes bother him, he has millions of coping mechanisms.

And he’s going to get 17.8 million guaranteed over four years to do it. Even if his shooting woes bother him, he has millions of coping mechanisms.
Yep I hope he's getting good financial advice because a 20 year old with that kind of money surely needs it, and he's got no money worries for the rest of his life if he's even moderately smart about how he manages it.

John Havlicek started a consulting service in his post playing days back in the late 70’s early 80’s to council NBA players on money management. That problem has been around a long time.

Yup. He got $18 mil and we got one really good game and a few good games and a round of 32 exit from the tourney and another roster spot had to be filled. Hurray for him.

Reactions: bbafficionado
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT