ADVERTISEMENT

So I turned on the women's championship game. While at the free throw line LSU's Reese does the Cena-can't see me in Iowa's Clark's face.

2 of the wncaas best trash talkers going at it. Oth are great players but it's uncalled for IMO. Maybe I'm old school but the refs have let this kind of stuff get out of hand.

Reactions: HillyardGates
Clark cannot complain about anything another player does

Ever
Once VT lost Friday, there was nobody to root for in the Womens FF. Caitlin Clarke is an ass, SC's coach is an ass, LSU's coach and best player are asses. Unfortunately one of those three was going to win. The good news is that two of the three were going to lose.

It's the same way I felt about the Mens FF last year once Villanova lost. One cheater was assured a Natty.

Once VT lost Friday, there was nobody to root for in the Womens FF. Caitlin Clarke is an ass, SC's coach is an ass, LSU's coach and best player are asses. Unfortunately one of those three was going to win. The good news is that two of the three were going to lose.

It's the same way I felt about the Mens FF last year once Villanova lost. One cheater was assured a Natty.
Well said sir!

Reactions: Zeester

Agree with every word if this

Reactions: jmix and Zeester

Lighten up Francis. I bet the ratings for NCAA WB tournament were way up this year. I could be wrong.

How about the fashion sense (or lack thereof) from the LSU head coach. Who wears stuff like that?

Now Clark is playing the innocent victim card

2 of the wncaas best trash talkers going at it. Oth are great players but it's uncalled for IMO. Maybe I'm old school but the refs have let this kind of stuff get out of hand.
We got one ofthe works
How about the fashion sense (or lack thereof) from the LSU head coach. Who wears stuff like that?
Winners that who !
She's won big everywhere she's been .

Reactions: kkott
They'll go back down.
Clark I think was the primary reason for the uptick in interest. If she's back, I'd imagine ratings for women's bball overall will be up and especially in her games. She is a generational player, which I think is exactly what LSU's coach said to her after the game.

And, I don't know much about the finances of women's bball, but I would guess she will be back. I bet she's gonna get a killer NIL deal and that and endorsements might be bigger while in college than going pro. I think the real money in women's pro ball is overseas anyway, is that right?

Clark I think was the primary reason for the uptick in interest. If she's back, I'd imagine ratings for women's bball overall will be up and especially in her games. She is a generational player, which I think is exactly what LSU's coach said to her after the game.

And, I don't know much about the finances of women's bball, but I would guess she will be back. I bet she's gonna get a killer NIL deal and that and endorsements might be bigger while in college than going pro. I think the real money in women's pro ball is overseas anyway, is that right?
As much as I despise Clarke's antics, she is a hell of a player and probably good for the game overall. I think womens' bball is destined to continue trending upward. The players continue to get better, the game itself gets better each year. It's a natural progression I think, of a sport that is still in its early stages. Girls now start playing as young as boys, the AAU circuit continues to grow, the girls' programs now invest as much time as the boys' at the high school level ( and most schools now invest in both programs equally). We are now seeing a second generation of fans (of both sexes) who have grown up watching high school girls and college women play and have an appreciation for the differences in the mens' and womens' game. And all of that is good.

Now if they will just do something about that damn stupid rule allowing the ball to be inbounded in the frontcourt after a timeout. :)

Clark can’t go to the WNBA based on their rules. Unlike the NBA, to go to the WNBA player has to have gone to 4 years of college or be 24yrs old. Clark is a jr & 22. I read her NIL is already over $ 1 million, WNBA is $250,000 so wouldn’t make sense to go even if she could.

I don't care for Catlin's antics, but there is 0 legit comparison to what she and the Reese kid did.

The "face" sign Clark did was in the UL game, NOT the LSU game. It was a one-time thing lasting a second or two, as she was waking to her huddle.

Reese followed Clark at the end of the game and not only gave her the sign but also called her a "ho". She did this instead of celebrating with her team as the clock ran out. Then post-game she made it clear it was a racial thing by saying it was "for girls that look like me". When asked, Clark after the game was class.

Reese and the coach wearing the white trash clown outfit........great player and coach, trash as humans.

Right, that makes it all good. "She had it coming". Yet she got a T while inside her own huddle. Terrible ref job. Just when women's basketball gets some fans they pull this crap...
They explained the T. They previously had a warning for delay of game, so it’s an automatic T if they do it again. I agree the refs were bad tho.

I don't care for Catlin's antics, but there is 0 legit comparison to what she and the Reese kid did.

The "face" sign Clark did was in the UL game, NOT the LSU game. It was a one-time thing lasting a second or two, as she was waking to her huddle.

Reese followed Clark at the end of the game and not only gave her the sign but also called her a "ho". She did this instead of celebrating with her team as the clock ran out. Then post-game she made it clear it was a racial thing by saying it was "for girls that look like me". When asked, Clark after the game was class.

Reese and the coach wearing the white trash clown outfit........great player and coach, trash as humans.
I wondered if that was a recurring thing Clark did, and got the feeling it was and I thought they said she'd done it in the USC game too. Are you sure about the 1 time thing, and UL game?

Not sure what your beef is with the LSU coach and what she chooses to wear; WGAFF? I haven't watched a second of the post game coverage, but the comments I've read attributed to her are classy and she apparently stopped Clark in the handshake line and congratulated and complimented her. I think some of the stuff Clark has done was classless and wrong, and what I saw of the LSU player was too.

I really don't get the people complaining about how Clark defended in the USC game by not guarding her opponent and cheating back and saying that was disprespectful. USC is dominant inside so that to me was a great and risky strategy. All the USC players would have to do was make shots and make her come out and guard her.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Clark can’t go to the WNBA based on their rules. Unlike the NBA, to go to the WNBA player has to have gone to 4 years of college or be 24yrs old. Clark is a jr & 22. I read her NIL is already over $ 1 million, WNBA is $250,000 so wouldn’t make sense to go even if she could.
Reese had 17 NIL deals, more than even Clark. That’s surprising but maybe explains why LSU had 9 transfers.

Reactions: IU Fan 1989

Where did you see the ho? I haven’t heard that. ( and saying what she said doesn’t make it a racial thing)

I wondered if that was a recurring thing Clark did, and got the feeling it was and I thought they said she'd done it in the USC game too. Are you sure about the 1 time thing, and UL game?

Not sure what your beef is with the LSU coach and what she chooses to wear; WGAFF? I haven't watched a second of the post game coverage, but the comments I've read attributed to her are classy and she apparently stopped Clark in the handshake line and congratulated and complimented her. I think some of the stuff Clark has done was classless and wrong, and what I saw of the LSU player was too.

I really don't get the people complaining about how Clark defended in the USC game by not guarding her opponent and cheating back and saying that was disprespectful. USC is dominant inside so that to me was a great and risky strategy. All the USC players would have to do was make shots and make her come out and guard her.
I think it was just the hand wave thing that made that a problem. I don’t think any of this is a big deal though.

I don't know if it was one time or not. I do know that's the incident Reese is referring to.

If you had watched the LSU coach during the game, you would have nothing positive to say about her. Horrible. In all respects. A truly ugly individual. But apparently a hell of a coach. 5 NCs. Google what she wore to the 1st FF game. She's mentally ill.

I don't know if it was one time or not. I do know that's the incident Reese is referring to.

If you had watched the LSU coach during the game, you would have nothing positive to say about her. Horrible. In all respects. A truly ugly individual. But apparently a hell of a coach. 5 NCs. Google what she wore to the 1st FF game. She's mentally ill.
You think someone is mentally ill because of how they dress? Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT