ADVERTISEMENT

So I turned on the women's championship game. While at the free throw line LSU's Reese does the Cena-can't see me in Iowa's Clark's face.

Where did you see the ho? I haven’t heard that. ( and saying what she said doesn’t make it a racial thing)
See the Sportscenter tweet 14M views.

As far as the racial aspect, Reese was referring to a black chick from UL, and she said she did it "for girls that look like me". What if Clark had said that?

As much as I despise Clarke's antics, she is a hell of a player and probably good for the game overall. I think womens' bball is destined to continue trending upward. The players continue to get better, the game itself gets better each year. It's a natural progression I think, of a sport that is still in its early stages. Girls now start playing as young as boys, the AAU circuit continues to grow, the girls' programs now invest as much time as the boys' at the high school level ( and most schools now invest in both programs equally). We are now seeing a second generation of fans (of both sexes) who have grown up watching high school girls and college women play and have an appreciation for the differences in the mens' and womens' game. And all of that is good.

Now if they will just do something about that damn stupid rule allowing the ball to be inbounded in the frontcourt after a timeout. :)
That is a terrible rule. I'll admit I never watched women's bball before this year with IU becoming a major player but I can't stand how that changes the end of the game situations. The timeout becomes nothing more than a tool to save for the end of the game to advance the ball and in tight situations changes the clock management strategies.

See the Sportscenter tweet 14M views.

As far as the racial aspect, Reese was referring to a black chick from UL, and she said she did it "for girls that look like me". What if Clark had said that?
What if?

Now Clark is playing the innocent victim card
How so?

Her postgame comments ignored the whole thing, as she complimented LSU and thanked Iowa's fans for supporting her.

On court she is super-competitive and can be a jerk, I get it. I seems to me that off-the-court she has enough common sense, though, to say the right things. You can argue that its fake modesty, but I sure don't see HER pushing an "innocent victim card", though others do it for her.

How so?

Her postgame comments ignored the whole thing, as she complimented LSU and thanked Iowa's fans for supporting her.

On court she is super-competitive and can be a jerk, I get it. I seems to me that off-the-court she has enough common sense, though, to say the right things. You can argue that its fake modesty, but I sure don't see HER pushing an "innocent victim card", though others do it for her.
Yes I thought her post game was nothing but class.

Clark can’t go to the WNBA based on their rules. Unlike the NBA, to go to the WNBA player has to have gone to 4 years of college or be 24yrs old. Clark is a jr & 22. I read her NIL is already over $ 1 million, WNBA is $250,000 so wouldn’t make sense to go even if she could.
wow, if she can get ahold of that Jess Settles Iowa scholarship plan, she could make $10m before she runs out of eligibility.

Clark can’t go to the WNBA based on their rules. Unlike the NBA, to go to the WNBA player has to have gone to 4 years of college or be 24yrs old. Clark is a jr & 22. I read her NIL is already over $ 1 million, WNBA is $250,000 so wouldn’t make sense to go even if she could.
Someone at some point will challenge that I'd assume. But, that's what I suspected, she can probably make more with NIL than WNBA. Plus, it's a big risk. She could go there and not be as dominant and it could diminish her popularity and "brand" (cringe when I type that, but it is a real thing).

Someone at some point will challenge that I'd assume. But, that's what I suspected, she can probably make more with NIL than WNBA. Plus, it's a big risk. She could go there and not be as dominant and it could diminish her popularity and "brand" (cringe when I type that, but it is a real thing).
She's very lightly built. Arms like toothpicks. WNBA players will mostly outweigh her and be a lot stronger. She should eat more and hit the weight room hard if playing professionally is her aspiration.

Reactions: IUgradman
I'm guessing you're not a fan of Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, etc.
I didn't think Clark's hand wave was a big deal. From what I saw, it looked like she did it in front of her on bench/fans heading back to a timeout. I thought it was to get her revved up, like a player who pounds his chest, etc... Now, she may have done it in other circumstances besides the one I saw.

The other girl was taunting her and right in her face after the game. I thought it was premeditated for that reason, because I think most folks would be celebrating with their teammates. The biggest thing I don't like about Clark is her perpetual whining about calls. I don't recall Bird or MJ following someone, who to my knowledge hadn't said/done something to them and taunting them after a win or championship. I don't doubt either would if that player had been talking smack to them. And, that might be the explanation, Clark may have been talking smack, but Reese didn't say anything about that after the game.

Last edited:
I didn't think Clark's hand wave was a big deal. From what I saw, it looked like she did it in front of her on bench/fans heading back to a timeout. I thought it was to get her revved up, like a player who pounds his chest, etc... Now, she may have done it in other circumstances besides the one I saw.

The other girl was taunting her and right in her face after the game. I thought it was premeditated for that reason, because I think most folks would be celebrating with their teammates. The biggest think I don't like about Clark is her perpetual whining about calls. I don't recall Bird or MJ following someone, who to my knowledge hadn't said/done something to them and taunting them after a win or championship. I don't doubt either would if that player had been talking smack to them. And, that might be the explanation, Clark may have been talking smack, but Reese didn't say anything about that after the game.
I think all that chest thumping, flexing, king-of-the-lions posing etc. is silly. Act like you've scored a basket before and get back on defense. RMK would not have tolerated much of that.

Reactions: MIS01
I think all that chest thumping, flexing, king-of-the-lions posing etc. is silly. Act like you've scored a basket before and get back on defense. RMK would not have tolerated much of that.
I don’t understand why the refs allowed her to yell and preach at them all season. Would not be tolerated the men’s games

She's very lightly built. Arms like toothpicks. WNBA players will mostly outweigh her and be a lot stronger. She should eat more and hit the weight room hard if playing professionally is her aspiration.
I don't think it will be an issue. With the pace she plays, range and moves, she's going to do fine. I doubt she's as small comparatively as AI was compared to the average NBA players' size in his day.

I don't care for Catlin's antics, but there is 0 legit comparison to what she and the Reese kid did.

The "face" sign Clark did was in the UL game, NOT the LSU game. It was a one-time thing lasting a second or two, as she was waking to her huddle.

Reese followed Clark at the end of the game and not only gave her the sign but also called her a "ho". She did this instead of celebrating with her team as the clock ran out. Then post-game she made it clear it was a racial thing by saying it was "for girls that look like me". When asked, Clark after the game was class.

Reese and the coach wearing the white trash clown outfit........great player and coach, trash as humans.

The LSU coach is trash as a human because of what she wore?

Project much?

You must be old, because a girl calling another girl a name on the court isn't something new. You'd have a heart attack with what the guys say to each other out there when it gets heated.

You really should read up on how good of a trash talker Clark is. I'm fairly certain she can handle it.

Project much?

You must be old, because a girl calling another girl a name on the court isn't something new. You'd have a heart attack with what the guys say to each other out there when it gets heated.

You really should read up on how good of a trash talker Clark is. I'm fairly certain she can handle it.
Did you see the game?

Reactions: BaxterIU
I just wish everyone, media included, would have ignored it. It was a ploy for attention. Now, people fell into the trap and voiced their faux outrage and the race baiters picked up on it and are all riled up. Beautiful. The people who complained gave Reese exactly what she wanted.

Reactions: Crayfish57
I did not, but I don't project calling a human trash based on one game, especially a coach.
I agree, but South Carolina's coach is doing her best to take that title.

I don't like the way LSU's coach was allowed to be so far on to the court for basically the whole game though.

Where did you see the ho? I haven’t heard that. ( and saying what she said doesn’t make it a racial thing)
Plain as day when they were standing at the free throw line.

I’m not even kind of surprised you missed it. Your blinders will probably prevent you from seeing it even now that we told you.

This summers womens AAU season promises to be “lit”. Some great examples being set by the college game.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I just wish everyone, media included, would have ignored it. It was a ploy for attention. Now, people fell into the trap and voiced their faux outrage and the race baiters picked up on it and are all riled up. Beautiful. The people who complained gave Reese exactly what she wanted.
Media is living and dying off of all of this nonsense, and fear society at large is going to pay for it big time.

We’re going backwards at an alarming rate.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I missed her race voting.

Could you post it?
Her race voting?

Just take a look around and see what she has been saying , if you haven't seen any of it regardless of your view? You don't even have to look for it. Started with the BYU incident that didnt involve her team , she has been beating the race issue to death.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8Stars5Banners

Project much?

Pretty sure half of these people who are so appalled turned into their first women’s games this weekend.

Plain as day when they were standing at the free throw line.

I’m not even kind of surprised you missed it. Your blinders will probably prevent you from seeing it even now that we told you.

This summers womens AAU season promises to be “lit”. Some great examples being set by the college game.
Lol. I just think it’s funny how appalled all you guys are. You act like trash talking is such a big deal for some reason when it’s gone on for years. And Caitlin has been one of the best at it. I could care less if she called her a Ho,. What blinders exactly would cause me to miss it? I imagine the AAU season will be just fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT