ADVERTISEMENT

So here's the thing about racism. (also titties)

LOL...

I heart you. I don't want to have sex with you or anything, but I think I would enjoy your company tremendously as one of my hetero hang-out buddies. You're the type of next-door neighbor I wish I had.

Doesn't mean they aren't, either.

When I see somebody who, say, worked at Kroger in the cake department for 15 years (new client of mine), that tells me she worked hard enough to keep that job for so long. She made $7.25 for most of that time. There's no shame in that.

Dig deeper and see her dad died when she was 10, lived in relative poverty, was the first in her family to graduate high school and faced all sorts of other obstacles I did not...with not so much as a role model in her life...and you see this over and over in cases going back 15 years...and you gain quite a bit of appreciation for the people who do the jobs you and I would never accept. Did I mention she has multiple sclerosis?

I know I sound preachy, but some people here either (1) came from similar backgrounds and are hellbent to distinguish themselves from it or (2) have no clue.

Are there lazy POS out there? Sure. Some are luckier than others, though. And, yes, some make "6 figures" b/c of opportunities or ancestral gifts many don't have.

I would continue in an effort (self-righteous, admittedly) to educate people on the whole "count your blessings/don't judge" thing, but it's already been covered by this dude named Jesus. His book is widely circulated and tenaciously studied, I'm told.

vbg

How many people can you fit in a file cabinet?

Sorry. I couldn't hold myself back.

This post makes me feel GREAT!!!

6/7 in the top column. Hurray America!!!

Now let me get back to work....

django-unchained-don-johnson-big-daddy.jpg

If I (white man) walk into our bank I never have to show ID, if my wife

(black woman) walks in they ask her for a photo ID every single time. If I pay with a credit card for something never ask for ID, if she does, they ask for a photo ID every time. These are just small examples of some of the things I see all the time.

This post was edited on 2/13 10:25 AM by chris007

Where You Livin'?

Down here in the Gateway to the South, I have to show my ID all the time.

PICTURE ID too.
Sumbitches must think I'm a forger.

Or maybe I'm Clayton Bigsby.

You don't have to show it to deposit, but you do for withdrawal.

This might not be as black and white as it is about gender roles.

Line my eyes and call me pretty ...

Osteen, Oy.

Their is a huge movement calling Osteen a false prophet because of his prosperity message and refusing to ever suggest anyone recognize their actions/sins and improve morally/spiritually. I know this mainly due to facebook.

I won't judge him, but I don't watch him either.

That you bring it up shows me that you think the CTC worshippers speak for all IU fans.

I thought that was Spiderman.

You guys really ran with his humble confession of not going to church as often as he should. Must have been due to the pompous tripe that surrounded it.

^^^ Anti-Teethite ^^^

If you smile for your drivers' license pic at the DMV, they know you from outta-state.

(Or Louisville, which they consider part of Indiana).

Might be an obvious question

Has she signed the back of her card? I thought everyone was supposed to ask for ID if the back isn't signed. I don't know why, but I was told that a while back.

Why would you show your card at the bank?

And actually, merchants are instructed to reject unsigned cards outright. Even if they say "see ID" on the back, they are supposed to be rejected if they are unsigned.

Loved a line from comdian calling out 'Republicans' who make less than 200K

I don't remember the ral number he used but it was $100K, $150K, or $200K. It is something I have preached for years so I found it humorus when he says something like, "And to those making less than $200K and calling yourselves 'Republicans', just stop it."

It blows my mind how people making so little can be in line with the Republican fiscal policy. I could see if they only voiced their displeasure with the social issues, but when they start 'trickle' down and tax cuts, it boggles my mind and really affects my opinion of them.

My 6 year old wanted to attend.

She is curious, so we started going. Despite the fact I am agnostic, I am not going to deny her religion.

We have been going for a few months now.

I learned a lot in church in my youth, and have actually read the Bible, unlike a lot of people who claim to be Christian.

Nothing about this vomit of a thread makes sense.

Rangeline had it right. Its boring and belongs on the WC. And you and Ziz both read everything with your political agenda in mind.

PS. Also, you are assuming facts not in evidence, counselor.

It wasn't hilarious. It just wasn't a serious reply.

But I can see why you and goat would allow your political agenda skew any comprehension of men making the money and women spending the money.

You guys are so miserable you should just end yourselves now.

Once again...

Im in the friend zone...even with a mo.

I'll be your neighbor cap. We're good.

Thank you, and you are special too!

You could be even be more special than me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT