ADVERTISEMENT

So Did We Get a Commitment or Not?

Hoosier_Hack

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2011
with a Vinnie Suicly or something like that.... I saw a post on it yesterday but no news... can’t even find the prospect... I’m taking it as fake news.... anyone know?

Word on 247 side is this guy will play TE for IU and Jalen Williams is not likely to stay in the 2020 class
Not exactly, Vinny is 6’4” and 300lbs, he will not be a TE, Vinny will be a center or guard. It looks like they may be getting a flip of AJ Barner (hasn’t happened yet) who would take the place of Jalen Williams who ,as you said,is not looking promising to stay in the class.

Not exactly, Vinny is 6’4” and 300lbs, he will not be a TE, Vinny will be a center or guard. It looks like they may be getting a flip of AJ Barner (hasn’t happened yet) who would take the place of Jalen Williams who ,as you said,is not looking promising to stay in the class.

I apologize. You are correct. The Ohio guy mentioned both those guys in his report and Barner is the TE (I misread the quote).

Reactions: vesuvius13
I read that too. Bummer about Williams. 6-7 pass catchers don't show up often.

He also had solid P5 offers, and looks like we're replacing him with a MAC flip.

I read that too. Bummer about Williams. 6-7 pass catchers don't show up often.

He also had solid P5 offers, and looks like we're replacing him with a MAC flip.
Allen needs to desperately hang on to his better recruits such as Wiiliams, and land some strong recruits to finish this class out.

Goodness, I'm hoping our bowl season juices our recruiting. I thought that was the idea!!

Allen needs to desperately hang on to his better recruits such as Wiiliams, and land some strong recruits to finish this class out.

Goodness, I'm hoping our bowl season juices our recruiting. I thought that was the idea!!
It won't matter so much in 2020 as most kids have already decided.

But next year, 2021, should bear much fruit... Assuming we win the next two.

Imagine if he could be mobile. FB on the goal line. TE, T eligible.

Reactions: IU73
Why is Williams leaving

How do you know/why do you say that? I like his size at 6’5!

Per Vinny, interesting tidbit, he was unanimously picked to be a team captain at Massillon,OH. Coach said that’s never been done prior. Always nice to be getting LEADERS!

One thing----that's at the smaller public school near Massillon, not at the traditional football power.....Aurora HS is his school

How do you know/why do you say that? I like his size at 6’5!

Per Vinny, interesting tidbit, he was unanimously picked to be a team captain at Massillon,OH. Coach said that’s never been done prior. Always nice to be getting LEADERS!
Watched as much film as I could find on him. And read any articles I could find on him. He's big. He can run and he's physical. That's a good place to start. He grew really really late which is why nobody recruited him.

Reactions: IU73 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT