ADVERTISEMENT

$$ commitment to program?

jacksback

Junior
Feb 5, 2003
Lots of talk on here about our Admins lack of commitment to the football program. While it feels like we lack the necessary commitment, I don't really know the facts on this. Anyone care to enlighten us?

How did our coaches salaries under Allen compare to other programs?

How do our facilities compare?

Available NIL $$

Anything else?

Lots of talk on here about our Admins lack of commitment to the football program. While it feels like we lack the necessary commitment, I don't really know the facts on this. Anyone care to enlighten us?

How did our coaches salaries under Allen compare to other programs?

How do our facilities compare?

Available NIL $$

Anything else?
Allen's salary, and contract, wasn't an issue in terms of competitiveness with the rest of the conference. Obviously guys like Harbaugh, Day, and Franklin make more...but he was competitive with the rest, and obviously had a very generous buyout.

The main coordinators salaries, also weren't completely out of line.

The main problems, I think, were the lack of obvious onward and upward type of support.

-The whole fiasco with Allen having to cover some of the money in the Sheridan firing...no matter the level of truth behind it, its ridiculous...and was a damaging story and precedent for recruitment of other coaches.

-Mellencamp has needed replaced for a number of years...no plans in place for that.

-We need to show that we're serious, and "overspend" for a top level staff.

I think moving on Allen, despite the buyout, is a good first step in showing we care and are willing to up our efforts. How they handle, and fund, the entire program with the new staff and the next few years, will determine if they're actually fully serious about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT