ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Steve Kerr on the Texas shooting

Is that what Kerr advocated? I must have missed that part of his rant.

How about we have armed officers in every school?

Or put up a wall, so we have control illegal immigration and be able to deploy those resources (money and people) towards school safety or mental illness detection? IIRC, it was border agents who were on the scene.

And we can do other things like you said.
That’s a new one. Putting up the wall helps gun control?

Reactions: DrHoops
We do have BASIC gun control laws.

What laws do you want that we don't have? Time to put up or shut up.
Background checks, assault rifle ban, no sale of any type of weapon except those used for hunting until the age of 21, no open carry, Hold the gun industry accountable and ensure there is adequate oversight over the marketing and sales of guns and ammunition, require firearm training and licensing (like we have to have to drive a f*cling car), Requiring disclosure of gun purchases to ATF and let them have COMPUTERS, eliminate gun show loopholes and private sale loopholes.

That’s where I’d start.

Reactions: baileyiu
On that point I agree with him. I also think he was grandstanding and no different than AOC with his bent politics and absurd take on cops etc. To use your terms he wears a jersey. Mass shootings bad attack right. Everyday killings not so much. It's cops who are bad.
No one believes any of that. And the obsession of the far right with AOC is beyond weird. She is far left for sure, but you don’t here her talking about Jewish space lasers.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
That’s a new one. Putting up the wall helps gun control?

RIF. Putting up a wall allows resources as I stated to be used elsewhere. I bet those parents wish that instead of having to use human resources to tend to a porous border, they had those human resources protecting the school.

And here's another. HB8 would not have stopped it. So Kerr should learn the facts before he spouts off.
like the multiple Dems blaming the right for lack of gun legislation- the left has had opportunities to pass without any Republican help & hasn’t. Why not?

like the multiple Dems blaming the right for lack of gun legislation- the left has had opportunities to pass without any Republican help & hasn’t. Why not?
Because it would be political suicide.

RIF. Putting up a wall allows resources as I stated to be used elsewhere. I bet those parents wish that instead of having to use human resources to tend to a porous border, they had those human resources protecting the school.
Yeah sorry don’t see that as relevant. The police were there. They exchanged fire with him. The school district actually has its own police force. I’m not sure yet why it took so long for them to enter the building to confront him.

Yeah sorry don’t see that as relevant. The police were there. They exchanged fire with him. The school district actually has its own police force. I’m not sure yet why it took so long for them to enter the building to confront him.
Kerr wanted to remove the police from school. Jesus.

Why wasn't this school locked up??
I am going to take a page from the book you guys worship.

Trump loved calling C19 the China Virus and Kung Flu and you guys ate it up.

I will call this mass murder the "Cruz Shootings"

Reactions: UncleMark

I have not seen anything that states the school had any armed officers on site at that time. I have read there are 4 officers, a detective, and a chief for the school police department for 10 schools. So each school does not have a full time officer on site at all times.

Its hard to imagine Kerr could look more like a hypocrite than he already did but he pulled it off.
Its hard to imagine Kerr could look more like a hypocrite than he already did but he pulled it off.
He's been a vocal progressive inserting himself into politics for the last three plus years yet somehow this time it's apolitical. Please.

Have Cosmicbot, Hoops, etc look it up for you, or do your own work. Or put your head back in the sand & scream about Republicans. The Dems have shot down legislation proposed by Pubs that wasn’t to their liking in addition to failing to push any through when they’ve have enough votes to do it, but as many Dems here have suggested, we should be trying some things, even if not exactly what they want. Republicans are certainly fair game as the primary opponents to large scale changes to gun ownership, but the Dems have not done their part either. Unless you count “speaking out” to their constituents while failing to take any action. You’ll keep lapping it up though…

Background checks, assault rifle ban, no sale of any type of weapon except those used for hunting until the age of 21, no open carry, Hold the gun industry accountable and ensure there is adequate oversight over the marketing and sales of guns and ammunition, require firearm training and licensing (like we have to have to drive a f*cling car), Requiring disclosure of gun purchases to ATF and let them have COMPUTERS, eliminate gun show loopholes and private sale loopholes.

That’s where I’d start.

I don't disagree with much of this. I'd exempt military from the 21 rule. I'd also say the Pubs have tried to "do something" but was thwarted by Reid and the dems via filibuster.

And note it was approved 52-48 with dems in the majority.

I don't disagree with much of this. I'd exempt military from the 21 rule. I'd also say the Pubs have tried to "do something" but was thwarted by Reid and the dems via filibuster.

And note it was approved 52-48 with dems in the majority.
I’m not doubting you, but a source other than Grassley’s web site might be informative.

What policy has she impacted?
All of it. Crime. Inflation. Green. Racism bs. Nov will be a referendum on all the "transformative" bullshit. Every worthless idea that has contributed to record murders, record gas, record inflation, racial division, she has had a vocal role in.

Biden was elected to be a quiet, no drama transition. He was co-opted by Squad politics. Thank God for Manchin. Who knew he'd be the plug we needed to get to Nov.

Last edited:
I’m not doubting you, but a source other than Grassley’s web site might be informative.

Ummm...there was a link to the actual bill. Do I need to find the official vote record for you?

EDIT: I am going to clarify my error. 2013 was an amendment that passed 52-48 but was filibustered. 2021 was a new bill.

Last edited:

That’s where I’d start.
I think this is very reasonable and upholds the second amendment (which I support). It won't stop all of these shootings but it might stop the next Cruz murders.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and DrHoops
@Harry Hondo
You don't think so Harry? You don't think she and the Squad pushed for the largest social net in US history? We've posted a thousand times the contribution to inflation that the rescue plan and endless stays had. You don't think her and the Squad's rhetoric re defunding the police contributed to resignations, retirements and budget cuts that played a role in murders across the country? That's been linked a 100 times. You don't think her and the progressive's advocacy of green policies contributed to where we are with energy? Hell even the appointments are a progressive wishlist. None of this is in keeping with Biden's history.

I suppose Biden's approval rating is a random shocker to you too. To his credit he had tried to pivot away from Squad politics to a degree. There are only about ten thousand articles on it. Sleep in on Election Day. It will apparently come as quite a shock to you.

Last edited:
@Harry Hondo
You don't think so Harry? You don't think she and the Squad pushed for the largest social net in US history? We've posted a thousand times the contribution to inflation that the rescue plan and endless stays had. You don't think her and the Squad's rhetoric re defunding the police contributed to resignations, retirements and budget cuts that played a role in murders across the country? That's been linked a 100 times. You don't think her and the progressive's advocacy of green policies contributed to where we are with energy?

I suppose Biden's approval rating is a random shocker to you too. To his credit he had tried to pivot away from Squad politics to a degree. There are only about ten thousand articles on it. Sleep in on Election Day. It will apparently come as quite a shock to you.

Oh I don’t doubt the republicans will do well this November, but I mainly think that’s because of super high inflation. Jobless rate is low and the economy is strong. If inflation took a miraculous nose dive in the next 5 months you’d see a reversal of fortune. But I’m well aware that’s not gonna happen.

Oh I don’t doubt the republicans will do well this November, but I mainly think that’s because of super high inflation. Jobless rate is low and the economy is strong. If inflation took a miraculous nose dive in the next 5 months you’d see a reversal of fortune. But I’m well aware that’s not gonna happen.
Republicans will do well because groceries are high gas is high crime is high real wages are low and people don't give a shit about woke politics and pronouns. Biden was coopted by the Squad during the sumner of love. If he was who people expected him to be the Dems would be fine. His pivot away from AOC and the rest came too late.

He wanted to be transformative to placate the progressives and made everything worse. Now he'll be a lame duck. His approval rating is awful. And it should be.

Republicans will do well because groceries are high gas is high crime is high real wages are low and people don't give a shit about woke politics and pronouns. Biden was coopted by the Squad during the sumner of love. If he was who people expected him to be the Dems would be fine. His pivot away from AOC and the rest came too late.

He wanted to be transformative to placate the progressives and made everything worse. Now he'll be a lame duck. His approval rating is awful. And it should be.
Sir. Your spittle.

All of it. Crime. Inflation. Green. Racism bs. Nov will be a referendum on all the "transformative" bullshit. Every worthless idea that has contributed to record murders, record gas, record inflation, racial division, she has had a vocal role in.

Biden was elected to be a quiet, no drama transition. He was co-opted by Squad politics. Thank God for Manchin. Who knew he'd be the plug we needed to get to Nov.
That’s just not factually correct.

Ummm...there was a link to the actual bill. Do I need to find the official vote record for you?

EDIT: I am going to clarify my error. 2013 was an amendment that passed 52-48 but was filibustered. 2021 was a new bill.
I’m out now, but I’d like to see why Dems would filibuster any gun control legislation. That’s why I’m curious to see a major/reputable news organization’s description of what happened.

If you don’t have it available, I will look it up when I’m home. Not doubting you, by the way.

Reactions: ulrey
No, let me know any legislation that she’s introduced that has even come close to passing.
Lol. To quote you "what policy has she impacted." Don't try to move goalposts to "what legislation has she introduced."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT