ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Steve Kerr on the Texas shooting

I wonder how many in Steve’s locker room have multiple high capacity weapons- I obviously can’t say for sure but I’d bet it’s multiple. I wonder if he’s pontificating to them about it? Much like several on this board this is just another opportunity to virtue signal & throw rocks at the right without any desire to look at it objectively…
I have been saying and thinking the same thing. I would bet close to 100% of the players are either protected by someone carrying a firearm or carry a firearm themselves.

Reactions: Crayfish57
You have stated that you agree with Kerr: why not just end it there with his argument and not go after him? Who cares if he is left, right, diagonal, up, or down?

I can't imagine any rational person would be against gun violence, no matter who it involves. Ask Steve before you jump to conclusions about his opinions.
I can't imagine any rational person would be against gun violence

What?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I have been saying and thinking the same thing. I would bet close to 100% of the players are either protected by someone carrying a firearm or carry a firearm themselves.
I remember a couple of nba players who got jammed up as they had guns in their locker at the arena. I think arenas was one. A felony.

Um...there are nearly four times as many deaths from firearms annually than there are annual deaths from drunk driving in the U.S.
I stand corrected. Drunk driving deaths used to be much higher, but you are correct.

However, 57% of those gun deaths are suicide.

And over 140,000 deaths each year are alcohol related

So, if you're going to hold gun manufacturers responsible for firearm deaths, let's make alcohol manufacturers responsible for alcohol related deaths.

Jesus, this thread is pathetic.

A school got shot up and 19 children and 2 teachers were killed and people are arguing because a basketball coach said that he's tired of seeing things like this happen.

I would think things like this would being people together but not this ****ed up country. No, not at all. Everything has to have a twist to it. Maybe it hit home for him. Maybe he has friends around the area since it's not far from San Antonio. We have no idea. I know when I heard the news, I took a moment having a 3rd grader, living in a small town like that thinking what if that was my daughter's school.

I don't know what the solution is, but attacking the messenger every damn time on something like this gets old, especially when it's a simple message about a elementary school massacre.

Pathetic.

A school got shot up and 19 children and 2 teachers were killed and people are arguing because a basketball coach said that he's tired of seeing things like this happen.

I would think things like this would being people together but not this ****ed up country. No, not at all. Everything has to have a twist to it. Maybe it hit home for him. Maybe he has friends around the area since it's not far from San Antonio. We have no idea. I know when I heard the news, I took a moment having a 3rd grader, living in a small town like that thinking what if that was my daughter's school.

I don't know what the solution is, but attacking the messenger every damn time on something like this gets old, especially when it's a simple message about a elementary school massacre.

Pathetic.
The 8,000 lb elephant in the room has officially been ignored: 'Merica. It is more important to call Steve Kerr a hack or talk about something he did 5 years ago.

Pathetic.
You're painting with too broad a brush. Most people here are in agreement with Kerr. You'd have to be irrational to take issue with his heartfelt comments and/or to launch into a personal attack against the guy.

Read the first fifteen posts in the thread and it'll immediately become apparent to whom your comments should be directed.

Pathetic.
Why is a basketball coach spouting off about it only in some situations? Why didn't he come out against mass shootings other times?

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
You're painting with too broad a brush. Most people here are in agreement with Kerr. You'd have to be irrational to take issue with his heartfelt comments and/or to launch into a personal attack against the guy.

Read the first fifteen posts in the thread and it'll immediately become apparent to whom your comments should be directed.
Says the 'former Republican'.

• Haha
Reactions: jet812
Says the 'former Republican'.
I know. In your mind, that probably makes me worse than a Dem.

Did my "irrational" comment hit too close to home, danc? Still a few more days left in Mental Health Awareness Month, friend. Time for you to get a checkup from the neck up.

I know. In your mind, that probably makes me worse than a Dem.

Did my "irrational" comment hit too close to home, danc? Still a few more days left in Mental Health Awareness Month, friend. Time for you to get a checkup from the neck up.
No, it just proves you're a liar - nothing we didn't already know.

I wonder how many in Steve’s locker room have multiple high capacity weapons- I obviously can’t say for sure but I’d bet it’s multiple. I wonder if he’s pontificating to them about it? Much like several on this board this is just another opportunity to virtue signal & throw rocks at the right without any desire to look at it objectively…
Right the only ones that have guns? You think those guys in Steve’s locker room you assume have multiple high capacity weapons are big Trumpers?
Yeah, I have. Last I knew he is a Democrat. Not a Republican.

So why blame Republicans? If people in your own Party don't agree with you, why should anyone else?
Blame Republicans because it’s 2% of the Democratic Party and 100% of the Republican Party. It’s not rocket science.

Where is his far left buddy popovich? These clowns never mentioned the Milwaukee killings once . They are 100% leftist activists and this is all agenda driven by him and on que he only shows up for the killings he thinks benefit his side.
Lmao. Or maybe he’s just mad about kids being killed. Too bad more people aren’t.

Lmao. Or maybe he’s just mad about kids being killed. Too bad more people aren’t.
Once they leave the womb, they are own their own. These kids should have gone to school with body armor on armed with a couple of guns and had an battle/escape plan, just like the way we all used to. 'Merica.

What exactly are The Milwaukee Killings?
He has no clue. It was three shootings within a mile radius of Fiserv Forum immediately following a recent Bucks/Celtics playoff game. And it wasn't shooters targeting strangers and looking to kill as many as they could. And there was no "killing" as no one died. And it's the same nonsensical fallacy advanced by a couple of bozos at the beginning of this thread that took it off the rails.

Reactions: UncleMark
He has no clue. It was three shootings within a mile radius of Fiserv Forum immediately following a recent Bucks/Celtics playoff game. And it wasn't shooters targeting strangers and looking to kill as many as they could. And there was no "killing" as no one died. And it's the same nonsensical fallacy advanced by a couple of bozos at the beginning of this thread that took it off the rails.
That would not even meet the definition of a "mass shooting" which requires 4 or more deaths. So it wouldn't be among the top 210 such instances of 2022, in the USA. So... if Kerr didn't rattle off 300+ examples, he should be quiet. Makes sense, if you're DANC-dumb.

Right the only ones that have guns? You think those guys in Steve’s locker room you assume have multiple high capacity weapons are big Trumpers?

Blame Republicans because it’s 2% of the Democratic Party and 100% of the Republican Party. It’s not rocket science.
Again, the Democratic Party has had the ability to pass legislation & has not, can we agree on that?

He has, you unimaginable imbecile.

Sure, you have the majority in Congress and the Presidency.

It's the mean old Republicans if you don't get your way.

That would not even meet the definition of a "mass shooting" which requires 4 or more deaths. So it wouldn't be among the top 210 such instances of 2022, in the USA. So... if Kerr didn't rattle off 300+ examples, he should be quiet. Makes sense, if you're DANC-dumb.
Milwaukee, dumbass.

Sure, you have the majority in Congress and the Presidency.

It's the mean old Republicans if you don't get your way.
You aren’t great at numbers, are you? There are two Democrats who prevent passage. There are 48 Republicans. Who should get the blame??? That’s like saying a gu who shoots 98% from the field is blamed for the loss because he didn’t hit 100%. Silly and you know it. Just looking for your normal argument.

I believe there have been more than 3 mass shootings, no?

Another example of attacking the messenger and not listening to the message. I bet you didn't listen to a single video that was posted.

If he did it for every mass shooting, he would be doing it every day since there has been more mass shooting this year then there has been days this year. Let that stat sink in.

If kids getting killed in what is suppose to be one of the most secured places for them can't bring us together then there is truly no hope for this ****ed up country.

What are you trying to say here?
I can't read his dumb rants, but is he arguing that a situation where 3 people are injured gets counted as a mass shooting, when the definition of mass shooting in all the stats is a shooting killing 4 or more people? That would be DANC-dumb.

You aren’t great at numbers, are you? There are two Democrats who prevent passage. There are 48 Republicans. Who should get the blame??? That’s like saying a gu who shoots 98% from the field is blamed for the loss because he didn’t hit 100%. Silly and you know it. Just looking for your normal argument.
You aren't good at reality, are you. Democrats are in the majority - that's another fact you refuse to face.

FYI - 48 Republicans are not a majority. Another math fact you ignore.

You aren't good at reality, are you. Democrats are in the majority - that's another fact you refuse to face.

FYI - 48 Republicans are not a majority. Another math fact you ignore.
Good Lord. No one can have a discussion with you. This thread certainly proves it.

I can't read his dumb rants, but is he arguing that a situation where 3 people are injured gets counted as a mass shooting, when the definition of mass shooting in all the stats is a shooting killing 4 or more people? That would be DANC-dumb.
Milwaukee was a shooting involving 21 people. Later 3 people were murdered around the city of Milwaukee. Kerr didn't just say mass shootings (which are subject to various definitions as cited in the article I posted in another thread), he said violence. His omission of Milwaukee may or may not have been intentional. He is an activist. A left activist. The hypothesis is that the left comes out for mass shootings and hides for every day killings. The right does the opposite, as evidenced by the gov of Tx pointing to Chicago in his speech. I think Kerr is a lefty activist with an agenda and given his nba creds intentionally left out Milwaukee, even tho he said violence. It could have been purely unintentional on his part. He could have been thinking mass killings and didn't include it. Whatever. This thread has taken on a life of its own.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania and DANC
So he needs to mention 500 other shootings in 3 minutes in order to have an opinion that is credible on one that just happened?
No. There were 4 major shootings. 4 major acts of violence. He specifically mentioned 3. He omitted 1. If we were playing go fish i could name the one that was left out 100 out of 100 times. That's my belief given his background and history. I could be wrong.

Milwaukee was a shooting involving 21 people. Later 3 people were murdered around the city of Milwaukee. Kerr didn't just say mass shootings (which are subject to various definitions as cited in the article I posted in another thread), he said violence. His omission of Milwaukee may or may not have been intentional. He is an activist. A left activist. The hypothesis is that the left comes out for mass shootings and hides for every day killings. The right does the opposite, as evidenced by the gov of Tx pointing to Chicago in his speech. I think Kerr is a lefty activist with an agenda and given his nba creds intentionally left out Milwaukee, even tho he said violence. It could have been purely unintentional on his part. He could have been thinking mass killings and didn't include it. Whatever. This thread has taken on a life of its own.

I mean, if we're going to complain about the guy not speaking about all shootings that took place recently, we'll have lots to complain about. The amount of gun violence in the country is staggering, so there are lots of examples other than Milwaukee that Kerr didn't bring up. You better start mentioning all of those or you might start accusing yourself of being a hypocrite. ;)

Meanwhile, there were 17 people also wounded in the mass shooting that killed 21 people in Uvalde. You should start complaining about how Kerr didn't bring it up twice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT