ADVERTISEMENT

Should Derrian Meminger get a look at OG?

Jan 26, 2013
IU is not deep at either the OG or C positions. What about giving Derrian Meminger a look at OG? He's listed as 6'4", 290. Another 10 lbs or so, and he'll be the ideal size for a guard. As a D-Lineman, he probably has good quickness and speed that might translate well to OG.

IU is not deep at either the OG or C positions. What about giving Derrian Meminger a look at OG? He's listed as 6'4", 290. Another 10 lbs or so, and he'll be the ideal size for a guard. As a D-Lineman, he probably has good quickness and speed that might translate well to OG.
Interesting suggestion. Do we know if he played some O-line in high school? Will the staff ask him to switch? Does he like his chances of PT on that side of the ball?

I believe that last Fall he got DL reps early, but then I don't remember seeing him later in the season. Was he hurt? Did others pass him in practice? He has two more seasons of eligibility, so let's hope that Derrian works his way into being a major contributor this season, at whatever position.

I would think that Bowen would be the most likely candidate to switch (since it would be switch back to his original position). Came in as an OL and moved to DL because of lack of depth there

I would think that Bowen would be the most likely candidate to switch (since it would be switch back to his original position). Came in as an OL and moved to DL because of lack of depth there

Yes, having Ja'marez Bowen switch to O-Line might be considered. However, from what I understand (and I could be wrong), Bowen truly wanted to play D-Line. He's done very well there, and will be in strong contention to start in 2017, if that's where he wants to play.

"Should Derrian Meminger get a look at OG?"
Didn't realize Derrian is pre-med, and anyway I'm pretty confident that Steve Ahfeld has things well in hand ;)

Reactions: muubell
He's not easy to flip to OL from DL...If Dougherty doesn't return, I like Meminger to get some depth DT time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT