ADVERTISEMENT

Shots fired at Trump's PA campaign rally

Holy cow, that is where my oldest went and is coming back from. That area is deep red, not a front line for a civil war

And that's what worries me. I am conservative and a firearm enthusiast, but those people are rabid red, and as such unpredictable.

If you had the conspiracy prone mind of a Trumpster you’d be claiming it was staged by Trump supporters to increase his support.

Trumpsters won’t take too long to claim the shooter was a fed or otherwise connected to the “deep state.” We are in a ridiculously sad and dangerous period of politics.

I don't hate Trump, or anybody. I merely think he was a uniquely horrible president
Whatever.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
What are you suggesting?
Nothing, I am confused as to why people didn't react. I would assume a Trump rally would have a lot of people familiar with the sound.

The guy Goat mentioned that was next to the spectator killed said he immediately knew it was gunshots. Some did, they dove before Trump.

Because societal norms are as such that saying anything detrimental about a person, no matter how innocuous, who has had some type of life threatening event is seen as being highly disrespectful to that person. We are almost obligated to wish him well as saying anything else will be met with assumptions and accusations that the person actually welcomed that event. Which is what many are assuming.

Adding to that and exasperating it, is an existing tribalism in where both tribes take offense to anything said about their tribe and exaggerate its importance to denigrate the character of the opposing side.

If you read his statements, he's just being matter of fact, and his intent was not to be disrespectful to the event's importance or disregard the danger to Trump. His contempt for the person has nothing to do with the event. It will not change his opinion of him but it doesn't mean he's happy about it. Why is that so hard to understand?

The mistake he made was not adhering to the rules noted in the first paragraph. @Aloha Hoosier you need to read the room better. fwiw - It doesn't offend me in the least, I'm not emotional, especially during crisis events. I prefer matter of fact.

The most offensive posts in this thread is where some drunken moron claims it's a leftist assassination attempt. Deep state wouldn't have missed, would have used a better weapon, and wouldn't fire six f**king shots ..

The abject stupidity of those type of posts are far more offensive and destructive and yet *crickets* from y'all ... it's just dumb Joe being dumb Joe. Let's pile on Aloha ...

Which is the same damn dynamic being displayed on the national level ... Trump lies 100 times on stage while constantly saying offensive rotten shit and yet, Biden is nitpicked for the most infinitesimal flaws and missteps ..

Stupidity and lack of character has been normalized to the point that the people who are stupid that constantly post dumb conspiracy shit who truly lack character as they are willing to post unfounded half truths or lies, are never held to a measure of accountability for their glaring flaws. The only people being held to a measure of integrity and character are those who possess those traits.
Harris tweeted that trump wants a national ban on abortion. That’s a blatant lie and enough to incite many. Especially crazies. Just one of many examples. Your hyper partisanship knows no bounds and discredits you as a poster. I joke around a lot but what you attempt to condemn ignores the mirror staring right at you. You are one of these mile deep inch wide knowledge types who lack the self awareness to recognize same.

Try and do better.

Nothing, I am confused as to why people didn't react. I would assume a Trump rally would have a lot of people familiar with the sound.

The guy Goat mentioned that was next to the spectator killed said he immediately knew it was gunshots. Some did, they dove before Trump.
They aren't monolithic. One guy's gunshots are another guy's fireworks.

Remember when I suggested we try to limit the pissing matches?

Aloha - you're alone in this particular fight, and should probably take just a beat and think about why that is.

Everyone else - piling on Aloha isn't doing anything but making this too big of a part of the thread.

Let's move on, please.
I'm a little confused here. It would be bad if anyone was criticizing or mocking Trump in this situation, but unless I'm reading things wrong, no one is doing that and thankfully Trump appears to be okay.

Aloha was criticizing Trump supporters in how they process information and traffic conspiracy theories. He wasn't the only person getting political about this shocking incident. There were several people on the right doing just that as well, but for some reason that is okay. I guess I don't get the selective outrage.

Because societal norms are as such that saying anything detrimental about a person, no matter how innocuous, who has had some type of life threatening event is seen as being highly disrespectful to that person. We are almost obligated to wish him well as saying anything else will be met with assumptions and accusations that the person actually welcomed that event. Which is what many are assuming.

Adding to that and exasperating it, is an existing tribalism in where both tribes take offense to anything said about their tribe and exaggerate its importance to denigrate the character of the opposing side.

If you read his statements, he's just being matter of fact, and his intent was not to be disrespectful to the event's importance or disregard the danger to Trump. His contempt for the person has nothing to do with the event. It will not change his opinion of him but it doesn't mean he's happy about it. Why is that so hard to understand?

The mistake he made was not adhering to the rules noted in the first paragraph. @Aloha Hoosier you need to read the room better. fwiw - It doesn't offend me in the least, I'm not emotional, especially during crisis events. I prefer matter of fact.

The most offensive posts in this thread is where some drunken moron claims it's a leftist assassination attempt. Deep state wouldn't have missed, would have used a better weapon, and wouldn't fire six f**king shots ..

The abject stupidity of those type of posts are far more offensive and destructive and yet *crickets* from y'all ... it's just dumb Joe being dumb Joe. Let's pile on Aloha ...

Which is the same damn dynamic being displayed on the national level ... Trump lies 100 times on stage while constantly saying offensive rotten shit and yet, Biden is nitpicked for the most infinitesimal flaws and missteps ..

Stupidity and lack of character has been normalized to the point that the people who are stupid that constantly post dumb conspiracy shit who truly lack character as they are willing to post unfounded half truths or lies, are never held to a measure of accountability for their glaring flaws. The only people being held to a measure of integrity and character are those who possess those traits.
Wrong, the people being held to a measure of integrity and character is the one who claims he possesses those traits repeatedly, condemns those that he claims are “uncivil”, etc, & then shows his ass.

Dumb.

I'm a little confused here. It would be bad if anyone was criticizing or mocking Trump in this situation, but unless I'm reading things wrong, no one is doing that and thankfully Trump appears to be okay.

Aloha was criticizing Trump supporters in how they process information and traffic conspiracy theories. He wasn't the only person getting political about this shocking incident. There were several people on the right doing just that as well, but for some reason that is okay. I guess I don't get the selective outrage.
I think it's because some of us talking politics were talking about politics that were directly germane to the events happening, and it seemed to many that Aloha's political comments were gratuitous. I am not saying I felt that way. Aloha didn't offend me. But I noted that he seemed to be standing on an island, and I'm just offering a possible explanation why.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Harris tweeted that trump wants a national ban on abortion. That’s a blatant lie and enough to incite many. Especially crazies. Just one of many examples. Your hyper partisanship knows no bounds and discredits you as a poster. I joke around a lot but what you attempt to condemn ignores the mirror staring right at you. You are one of these mile deep inch wide knowledge types who lack the self awareness to recognize same.

Try and do better.
Maybe someone took Biden’s recent comments about putting a bullseye on Trump literally, you know, like everyone assumed Trump’s words on Jan 6 about putting up a fight were literal & incited a riot.

Well, because a Trump supporter is dead. This isn’t difficult.

If Trump’s words were responsible for Jan 6, then where’s that leave Joe?

“I have one job, and that’s to beat Donald Trump. I’m absolutely certain I’m the best person to be able to do that. So, we’re done talking about the debate, it’s time to put Trump in a bullseye,” Biden said.

https://www.politico.com/live-updat...lls-donors-were-done-with-the-debate-00166834
You may or may not be right, but someone who dismissed similar metaphorical statements by Republican candidates in previous elections doesn't get to make that argument. Wherever the line is, it's the same for everyone, and whether or not it was crossed isn't determined by party affiliation.

Reactions: hoosboot
An overt attempt was made on the life of the former POTUS and presumptive Republican nominee for the next POTUS. An attendee died in that attempt. That it was unsuccessful is a moot point. To use this thread as a means to denigrate his supporters is a bridge too far. For the life of me I can't wrap my head around it.

Try and do better.

that has nothing to do with today's events or my post. WTF?

Do better indeed.

To be honest I don't give a fk what you think or what Harris did. I only enjoy talking shit at you as everything else is boring and a complete waste of my time and I only do that because you post too much lame ass shit. You're an attention whore and I just love giving attention whores attention.. it's a character flaw .. which you don't mind because that's what you crave.

The dynamic will not change ... I don't sport argue, it bores me. I don't consider your opinion as important, to me you're nuthin' but a hustler .. but if ya wanna occansionaly talk shit and insult each other just for fun, I'm your Huckleberry.

You are correct.

Try and do better.
Roundabout blaming Harris for this is no better than roundabout blaming MSM or roundabout blaming right wing nut job rhetoric or roundabout blaming X or Y or Z or whatever. You're not putting yourself above the stupid fray with comments like that.

To be honest I don't give a fk what you think or what Harris did. I only enjoy talking shit at you as everything else is boring and a complete waste of my time and I only do that because you post too much lame ass shit. You're an attention whore and I just love giving attention whores attention.. it's a character flaw .. which you don't mind because that's what you crave.

The dynamic will not change ... I don't sport argue, it bores me. I don't consider your opinion as important, to me you're nuthin' but a hustler .. but if ya wanna occansionaly talk shit and insult each other just for fun, I'm your Huckleberry.
@Jim Coyle

Please consider giving a poster who starts a thread, mod powers, but only for that one specific thread.

GSaBj4_WgAA6Sqp

I think it's because some of us talking politics were talking about politics that were directly germane to the events happening, and it seemed to many that Aloha's political comments were gratuitous. I am not saying I felt that way. Aloha didn't offend me. But I noted that he seemed to be standing on an island, and I'm just offering a possible explanation why.
Okay. I didn't find the **** you libs, you did this type posts to be less gratuitous, but I guess our mileage varies.

that has nothing to do with today's events or my post. WTF?

Do better indeed.

No. You’re the jv at best. Not remotely on my level. I’m nice and play around. You wouldn’t know me serious….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT