ADVERTISEMENT

Shots fired at Trump's PA campaign rally

So, should Biden stay silent for a while out of respect, or should he quickly condemn political violence and thank God his opponent appears to be okay? Not sure there's any winning move for him here, but there's got to be one that's less bad than others.
Nothing biden can say will work. He has called him a threat to democracy and now someone tried to kill him. Biden should probably remain silent. If the roles were reversed the left would be going insane. And don't forget they are still trying to jail trump.

Holding my opinion on some things but this was an absolute security failure on the part of the Secret Service and local police agencies. If there was enough time for people on the ground to see this dude and record him lining up the shot, then security should have had ample opportunity to stop him before he could fire.

Random other thoughts related to the thread:

1. Trump got shot but Melania had his child. He could have done anything up to actually dying and she still has that card. "Somebody literally shot me!" "Oh come on. They scratched your ear. You know how long I went through childbirth? Quit being a baby." Forget all the headache and not in the mood talk. That is the trump card right there (no pun intended).

2. The shooter already got the 3 name treatment. They almost always do.

3. Back to a more serious note, we were centimeters to inches away from likely some of the worst political upheaval any of us would have seen in our lifetime. I think we are at the point where the country is an obese person who has been warned by their doctor that they really need to change their diet and we know that from an intellectual standpoint but man, when that double bacon cheeseburger with a side of bacon cheese fries gets offered up on the regular, it is hard to say no. After this type of scare we will probably have the salad for awhile, but when the coast appears clear, triple cheeseburgers baby!

4. I am glad I elected to just lurk last night.

Technically, he wasn’t shot. He was hit by glass from the teleprompter screen.
My goodness. The inability to see the Forrest from the trees is mind-blowing.

I really didn’t think people were that obtuse.

I was clearly wrong.

It’s also clear evidence why the corporate media is still viewed as some sort of legitimate institution due to these same people having zero critical thinking abilities.

My goodness. The inability to see the Forrest from the trees is mind-blowing.

I really didn’t think people were that obtuse.

I was clearly wrong.

It’s also clear evidence why the corporate media is still viewed as some sort of legitimate institution due to these same people having zero critical thinking abilities.

I see him!!

forest-gump-1994-paramount-pictures-film-with-tom-hanks-EANHK3.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: IUINSB and jet812
Leftist hate has created the situation for an attempted assassination on Trump
No, Trump has created that. He is a felon, a rapist, an insurrectionist with fascist goals and an obvious traitor to democracy, and he has pushed the courts away from impartiality. He has his minions talking about civil wars and revolutions.

The lunatic who shot at him has nothing to do with the great majority of voters who are going to make sure he never goes to the oval office again.

Benedict Arnold is much more a patriot than Trump has ever been.

I am continuously surprised that anyone sees him as a Republican or a conservative. He is neither.

It was a hit ordered by Biden.
Nonsense. If Biden ordered an assassination, for one it would be done by someone who wouldn't miss, and two, he would have immunity from procecution thanks to Trump destroying the impartiality of the Supreme Court.

Reactions: Bill4411
Nothing biden can say will work. He has called him a threat to democracy and now someone tried to kill him. Biden should probably remain silent. If the roles were reversed the left would be going insane. And don't forget they are still trying to jail trump.
Biden called DJT personally after the shooting. He also addressed it directly to his supporters after it happened.

If DJT goes to jail, it's because he's committed more than 30 felonies. He's also a rapist.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
If you had the conspiracy prone mind of a Trumpster you’d be claiming it was staged by Trump supporters to increase his support.

Trumpsters won’t take too long to claim the shooter was a fed or otherwise connected to the “deep state.” We are in a ridiculously sad and dangerous period of politics.

The RFK-esce conspiracy theories have already begun...

Last edited:
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
No, Trump has created that. He is a felon, a rapist, an insurrectionist with fascist goals and an obvious traitor to democracy, and he has pushed the courts away from impartiality. He has his minions talking about civil wars and revolutions.

The lunatic who shot at him has nothing to do with the great majority of voters who are going to make sure he never goes to the oval office again.

Benedict Arnold is much more a patriot than Trump has ever been.

I am continuously surprised that anyone sees him as a Republican or a conservative. He is neither.
lol...that didn't take long. I assumed it might take a few days before you loony leftist started spouting off this type of stuff.

Last edited:
Melania: you do know that you left the seat up and forgot to take out the trash, so now we will have to wait another week for the trash guy to come around and this is the 4th time in the last 16 years that you did that, and I'm getting a little tired of your lack of focus on this, which just makes me have to spend my time thinking about it, instead of you simply doing your job, it's not like its really that hard to take the container to the curb, I suppose that I could get a young kid to do it since you simply won't. but then that just puts more on me to do since you totally don't respect me and all that I have to concentrate on, like the car being parked in the drive the wrong way, I should really be able to just get in and drive away but for some reason I have to back up and then make a turn and when you don't take out the trash it already stresses me out and I feel like you simply don't understand me at all.

The Don: Did you hear I got SHOT?
Thousand bucks says Trump never takes out the trash. Would you if you were a billionaire?

Not buying it. Replayed 100’s of times - i see no teleprompter exploding from a bullet
I agree, but look at what we do with this shit.

Here’s what we know:

1) A person tried to kill President Trump
2) He was using a real gun with real ammo
3) Trump was grazed with something resulting from several shots at his head, striking him in the ear.
4) One man in the crowd is dead, by being struck in the head with a real bullet. An ER doctor attempted to keep him alive but his efforts were unsuccessful.
5) Two others were critically injured, but I can’t find any updates on them.

So, either The NYT and CNN are lying and are in cahoots with the Trump Team and staged the whole thing (how far do you have to reach for that one? 😂), or the above actually happened. You pick it.

I saw it with my eyes, so I’m going with The NYT and CNN story.

It's uncanny. I am not one who believes life really is art, but seriously, if you wanted to script a story about Trump becoming a hero, you couldn't do better than this. Everything went just right for him. Dude should be dead. Other people genuinely are dead. But he gets to pump his fist and get a phone call of well wishes from the guy he's trying to beat. You just can't write things like this. It's insane.
Teddy Roosevelt and Reagan were both shot and lived, must be a Republican thing. Oops I forgot, Lincoln was a Republican.

The Teddy Roosevelt story is just incredible. If you don’t believe men were different in that day read
this and you might change your mind…

https://www.history.com/news/shot-in-the-chest-100-years-ago-teddy-roosevelt-kept-on-talking

Nah, he can wait until after the election and then charge him with conspiracy, based on the fact Biden said to put a bulls-eye on Trump.

"In a Politico article shared Monday, Biden reportedly told donors: “I have one job, and that’s to beat Donald Trump. I’m absolutely certain I’m the best person to be able to do that. So, we’re done talking about the debate, it’s time to put Trump in a bullseye.”

Now, are you telling me that if Trump had said this about Biden he wouldn't be in jail right now if the attempt had been on Biden's life?

Stop it, idiot. The left blamed Gabby Giffords shooting on Republicans for putting "cross hairs" or "targets" on her. Of course, they did. Both sides uses that rhetoric whenever they're going against an opponent from the other side. No one believes they're meant to be signs for nuts to shoot someone, except idiots.

A few impressions I have.

1. Apparently the guy had almost zero social media presence, which is very odd.
2. Rumors are that he was a registered republican who also happened to donate to the progressive voter turnout. The theory being that he registered as a republican to try and influence the republican ticket.
3. After seeing the rooftop where the guy was in relation to its proximity to the stage, it’s totally mind boggling that the guy was able to reach that spot with a long rifle. Seriously, it’s almost inconceivable. There should have been a secret service agent posted there, or it at the very LEAST, it should have been constantly monitored. Just insane to me that this dude was able to get to that spot.

Stop it, idiot. The left blamed Gabby Giffords shooting on Republicans for putting "cross hairs" or "targets" on her. Of course, they did. Both sides uses that rhetoric whenever they're going against an opponent from the other side. No one believes they're meant to be signs for nuts to shoot someone, except idiots.
Only the Democrats over the last ten years have used phrasing like “DEMOCRACY IS ON THE BALLOT” and liken Trump to Hitler.

Trump and
Yes, we should, because Democrats claimed - still claim - that Trump is going to create a 'bloodbath' if he's elected.

Of course Biden was speaking metaphorically. But Trump is currently being charged with a felony for saying "Find me 11,000 votes".

If we're going to take everything Trump says literally, then by God, Biden should be held to the same standard.

When Dems apologize for 8 years of this shit, I'll be glad to back down.
Trump his mindless followers have created most of this crap. Trump has incited more violence than BLM and Antifa combined.

And no Republican has ever likened Democrats to communists and claimed Democrats were coming to take away your rights?
And no Republican has ever likened Democrats to communists and claimed Democrats were coming to take away your rights?
Blind, violent hatred of Trump is normalized on the extreme left. Here’s a UBC professor wishing the shooter hadn’t missed.

Here’s another TikToker. I can post a dozen.

Independent o
That’s the dumbest thing you’ve ever said. I’d love to see you quantify that. Jesus Christ the extreme TDS is making me root for Trump. Congrats all!
Independent objectivity, something you folks will never understand.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT