ADVERTISEMENT

Shots fired at Trump's PA campaign rally

Melania: Hey Donald, where you been?

The Don: Hospital. I got shot. Seriously, I’m a f#cking bada#%. Drop those panties baby.

Melania: Ummmmmm…….I’m sorry, I’m a little bloated and tired.

The Don: No, seriously, I should be dead. Maybe a little quickie? You don’t have do anything besides lay there like a dead fish.

Melania: I’m sorry, my head hurts as well. I’m glad you’re ok. Tomorrow, I promise. Night.

The Don: (inner monologue: f#ck, b#tch, ****, I hate you, why did I ever get married, stupid……). Ok. Love you, night.
You forgot the last lines

Melania: did you take the trash out like I asked you to?

Don: I’m sorry I was at the hospital being examined for a bullet wound. To my head.

Melania: Sigh. I guess I’ll just have to do it. Again.

It's uncanny. I am not one who believes life really is art, but seriously, if you wanted to script a story about Trump becoming a hero, you couldn't do better than this. Everything went just right for him. Dude should be dead. Other people genuinely are dead. But he gets to pump his fist and get a phone call of well wishes from the guy he's trying to beat. You just can't write things like this. It's insane.
Pisses you off, doesn't it?

You forgot the last lines

Melania: did you take the trash out like I asked you to?

Don: I’m sorry I was at the hospital being examined for a bullet wound. To my head.

Melania: Sigh. I guess I’ll just have to do it. Again.
I'd like to revise our previous conversation:

Brad: "You've never been married, have you?"

Goat: "No, because I'm not a f*cking idiot."

That's what many of us said weeks ago, but yes, everyone else should be on board now. Can't deny it any longer.
The question is, what does that actually mean for both parties?

The biggest thing (besides the story itself, and how horrible it is)…besides that the biggest thing is how much this is likely going to strengthen the entire GOP ballot. Those that are “Trump” candidates will certainly benefit. And I would think the entire GOP roster will as well.

On the Dem side. Gotta distance from Biden, and distance from this event. And the main thing down ballot Dems had going for them…anti Trump messaging…well, they’re gonna need some new material.

I haven’t looked at this, and maybe this thread isn’t the place…but gotta think GOP taking it all is very much on the table right now.

And that scares the crap out of me, to be honest. An unchecked Trump isn’t good.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

The biggest thing (besides the story itself, and how horrible it is)…besides that the biggest thing is how much this is likely going to strengthen the entire GOP ballot. Those that are “Trump” candidates will certainly benefit. And I would think the entire GOP roster will as well.

On the Dem side. Gotta distance from Biden, and distance from this event. And the main thing down ballot Dems had going for them…anti Trump messaging…well, they’re gonna need some new material.

I haven’t looked at this, and maybe this thread isn’t the place…but gotta think GOP taking it all is very much on the table right now.

And that scares the crap out of me, to be honest. An unchecked Trump isn’t good.
I'll need to chew on that, but at first glance, I think you're talking about a situation in which the Dems' position is simply irretrievably untenable. We might be there, but I hope not. We need to keep at least one half of Congress.

Melania: you do know that you left the seat up and forgot to take out the trash, so now we will have to wait another week for the trash guy to come around and this is the 4th time in the last 16 years that you did that, and I'm getting a little tired of your lack of focus on this, which just makes me have to spend my time thinking about it, instead of you simply doing your job, it's not like its really that hard to take the container to the curb, I suppose that I could get a young kid to do it since you simply won't. but then that just puts more on me to do since you totally don't respect me and all that I have to concentrate on, like the car being parked in the drive the wrong way, I should really be able to just get in and drive away but for some reason I have to back up and then make a turn and when you don't take out the trash it already stresses me out and I feel like you simply don't understand me at all.

The Don: Did you hear I got SHOT?
Now There is a man who's been married

I don't want to treat this lightly. People died. Two others are in the hospital in critical condition.

But seriously, this was like a movie. The shot, the duck, the reaction, the unnamed extras getting shot, the SS doing their thing, Trump with the fist pump. It's like it was directed by Noah Emmerich.
Now Denzel has to track down the conspirators and Equalize them.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. Come January, your Party will no longer be able to use the federal government to go after political rivals.

Couple of questions:

What down ballot Dem wants Biden to come campaign for them?

Does Kamala want to run against Trump now?

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
Hey buddy, love ya but we've kept this thread pretty vanilla. Lets cut his Achilles in a different thread.
Can you imagine, if Biden was shot, someone like you or me made that same post Goat did?

You know the reaction it would get and it would make my posts look pretty mild by comparison.

• Love
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I'll need to chew on that, but at first glance, I think you're talking about a situation in which the Dems' position is simply irretrievably untenable. We might be there, but I hope not. We need to keep at least one half of Congress.
I very, very strongly hope they do. And obviously this day is too fresh to know exactly what the impact will be. But man, intuition is screaming to me that this will be a super charged lightning rod up and down the GOP ballots. And then the leader of the opposing side is Biden…and there’s as much acrimony towards progressives right now as their is…can’t envision this going well for Dems.

As an actual independent…split congress and White House is always preferred. Now…it’s pretty damn essential. Ugh.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
I very, very strongly hope they do. And obviously this day is too fresh to know exactly what the impact will be. But man, intuition is screaming to me that this will be a super charged lightning rod up and down the GOP ballots. And then the leader of the opposing side is Biden…and there’s as much acrimony towards progressives right now as their is…can’t envision this going well for Dems.

As an actual independent…split congress and White House is always preferred. Now…it’s pretty damn essential. Ugh.
Yes, I agree it's way too soon to truly judge this. As I've annoyingly pointed out, I already thought Trump was almost certainly going to win, anyway. But I didn't think Biden's unpopularity would necessarily translate to Congress.

But this is certainly the kind of thing that can change that.

Can you imagine, if Biden was shot, someone like you or me made that same post Goat did?

You know the reaction it would get and it would make my posts look pretty mild by comparison.
This thread was mostly stream of consciousness, just updating reports heard. Fog of war type stuff. I thought Goat was pretty evenhanded throughout.

Where were you?

I know, I totally know.
Like I said, we can still make him/ them limp permanently in a different thread. Lets just tame this particular one down a bit. I hope it's a small ask.

Reactions: UncleMark
No, sorry, but CNN showed footage of him getting on the plane, and I was shocked he got those things through the door.

kpim7j-03bozo1lg.jpg

Reactions: ribbont
This thread was mostly stream of consciousness, just updating reports heard. Fog of war type stuff. I thought Goat was pretty evenhanded throughout.

Where were you?
I was having my belated birthday party with my family. My phone started blowing up as soon as we started to eat.

I didn't get back to post here until later. But seriously - a pellet gun?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

I just hope Trump recovers quickly. Not a fan, but this is madness.

You needn't worry, while those Congressmen and Senators are all in the Trump camp right now that most likely won't be the case once they're actually elected... All you need to do is revisit his first term to see that coming...

Politics is politics... Trump will be a final term president heading directly into retirement 4 and 1/2 years from now... His potential negative effects on basically anything or everything is highly overstated...

He and his administration will more than have their hands full attempting to undo all the damage the Biden administration has wrought..., to even come close to having time to actually affect any type of sweeping long term change...

I was having my belated birthday party with my family. My phone started blowing up as soon as we started to eat.

I didn't get back to post here until later. But seriously - a pellet gun?
FFS, Danc, at the time, we were trying to figure out how we could hear those shots, and it appeared the only damage was Trump getting a tiny scratch on his ear. This was before ANYONE reported someone had been shot, had died, before we had any confirmation there was even a shooter. We were just throwing shit out there trying to figure out what was going on. Stop trying to find enemies behind every f*cking post.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. Come January, your Party will no longer be able to use the federal government to go after political rivals.
Provided Trump sacks all the under secretaries and key leads especially at DoJ, FBI, CIA, and Homeland Security. Comey took out Flynn for talking to the Russian Ambassador. Had he been asked to resign on day one … maybe Flynn wouldn’t have gone broke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT