ADVERTISEMENT

Shots fired at Trump's PA campaign rally

The right's rhetoric is just as fatalistic. Every day you can find posts on this very forum about how Democrats are positively and objectively trying to destroy America, because their goal is the end of the American way. Libs didn't invent this tactic.
UMMM the Left is attempting to jail, and when that fails, kill political rivals. We kinda got a lil bit of evidence now..... I mean... It's like the reason for this entire post.... Fvckin pub's can't even support a congressional subpoena.

This is beyond disappointing and why were f#cked. You truly believe the liberal MSM is equal to the rights media darlings. News flash the left is far more dangerous and they’re not equal.

Shaking Head Reaction GIF by GIPHY News
Yes, the left think they know better.

I’m accustomed to see it coming from trolls and internet nutcases…not otherwise responsible people (and leaders, etc).

But, to be sure, my condemnation goes for all fatalistic rhetoric. Anybody who casts elections as life-or-death events, probably ought to expect to eventually see some of the latter.
I think as reasonable as you are, your total corpus of available information is still slanted by the sources that you choose to look at, and that the various algorithms choose to shove at you, so you probably understate just how much the right's leadership behaves as badly as their worst followers (just as many leftists will understate the same about their own leaders).

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I think as reasonable as you are, your total corpus of available information is still slanted by the sources that you choose to look at, and that the various algorithms choose to shove at you, so you probably understate just how much the right's leadership behaves as badly as their worst followers (just as many leftists will understate the same about their own leaders).
I’m mostly singling out the fatalistic rhetoric about Trump because he was the one who was actually shot today.

Ummmmmm……you missed the point as well. Right now isn’t the time to say but Trump or but Trumpers. Shut the f#ck up about those things for few hours is all someone has to do. That’s it.
Save it for tomorrow. Aloha obviously couldn’t help himself because he is deranged when it comes to Trump.
I didn’t say a negative word about Trump. You guys are easily triggered.

I'd be shocked if your mouse even has a scroll wheel. You are a straight spacebar-tab key down-down-down-next-next kind of guy.
3D space mouse guy here, as I often proof review solid models and assembly's from today's stupid ass engineer kids, and need to rotate them in "space", so to speak.

130 yards? From Google Maps photos of the event area this looks like it should have been fairly straightforward to secure. It was likely chosen for the rally for that reason. Trump and Biden both routinely appear in much less secure places; anywhere out in the general public makes a president more of a target than a confined space like this where a perimeter can be set up
My big question is multipronged: Did Trumps Secret Service Detail have Counter Snipers; if so, why didn't at least one of them have the shooters rooftop in their own kill zone and finally if Trumps Detail truly is short handed why aren't they coordinating with local law enforcement to cover the gaps???

Someone on the Presidential Security side of things clearly dropped the ball... How and why that happened is a question that must be answered...

If I were Trump I'd hire a private security firm to augment his Secret Service Detail and if they wouldn't go for it If just drop the SS entirely and go with the pros...

Wife just asked me "What kind of person plays to the crowd after getting shot?"

.22’s are very accurate, hard to trace being so common. Hit two others and killed one, so far. Maybe he got what he desired.

By the way, ever tried hitting a moving target from a long distance?
News is making the point that if Trump had moved his head an inch one way or another he would most likely be dead.

BTW, just to revise the timeline now that we have more info:

1. Several shots rang out, Trump was hit, people dived for the floor. SS surrounded Trump.
2. Another barrage of shots rang out. People screamed.
3. A single shot rang out.

It now seems that #3 was the SS sniper taking out the shooter. That means #2 was probably the shooter firing again, which means he was still gunning after the SS had already piled on Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT